Beau

Re: Talk me through getting an EV

Post by Beau »

All sorted now
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Beau,

It might be useful to explain what was wrong for the benfit of those that see the same problem in future. Especially useful if it was something simple - you know those things you don't want to admit as others will definitely reproduce them :D
Beau

Post by Beau »

Countrypaul wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:09 pm Beau,

It might be useful to explain what was wrong for the benfit of those that see the same problem in future. Especially useful if it was something simple - you know those things you don't want to admit as others will definitely reproduce them :D
Yes good point Paul

I presumed initially the problem was my wiring. Thought maybe the connectors were holding on insulation instead of bare copper. re-checked it all three times :facepalm:

Asked on a Myenrgi forum and apparently, I needed to switch on the extra CT clamp. I had scrolled through the menu but had seen nothing obvious. I needed to go into the Advanced Settings to unlock it but had been scared of seeing the word advanced the first time around haha
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Beau wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:35 pm
Countrypaul wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:09 pm Beau,

Yes good point Paul

I presumed initially the problem was my wiring. Thought maybe the connectors were holding on insulation instead of bare copper. re-checked it all three times :facepalm:

Asked on a Myenrgi forum and apparently, I needed to switch on the extra CT clamp. I had scrolled through the menu but had seen nothing obvious. I needed to go into the Advanced Settings to unlock it but had been scared of seeing the word advanced the first time around haha
I don't have a Zappi, but do have an Eddi so thought it might be something like that, and I am sure others will find the same as you have.
Congratulations on solving the problem.