Hyundai Ioniq 5

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Moxi

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5

Post by Moxi »

NICE! :D

I have a hundred watt infrared lap trained on the inglenook stone work to embed some thermal energy in the stonework for this evening - just to see how it goes- pleasantly it’s not making any noticeable contribution to the room temperature at present so hopefully most of the energy is seeping inwards at present.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:12 pm NICE! :D

I have a hundred watt infrared lap trained on the inglenook stone work to embed some thermal energy in the stonework for this evening - just to see how it goes- pleasantly it’s not making any noticeable contribution to the room temperature at present so hopefully most of the energy is seeping inwards at present.

Moxi
That's a great 💡
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Quite enjoying the conversion of sunlight to forward motion.last couple of days. If I catch it right I can be putting 6kW+.into the car from batterries,& panels.

Had a full on failure of the easeeone charger on Friday afternoon. The company who installed it came out and replaced for new same afternoon. Didn't expect that! Said this is the first failure they've seen in 100 installations.

Surely EV sales will rise off the back off current FF price soaring? To be able to fuel a car for no cost is surely a holy grail? :shock:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:55 am Quite enjoying the conversion of sunlight to forward motion.last couple of days. If I catch it right I can be putting 6kW+.into the car from batterries,& panels.

Had a full on failure of the easeeone charger on Friday afternoon. The company who installed it came out and replaced for new same afternoon. Didn't expect that! Said this is the first failure they've seen in 100 installations.

Surely EV sales will rise off the back off current FF price soaring? To be able to fuel a car for no cost is surely a holy grail? :shock:
Electricity prices have risen by more than road fuel recently. The cost of running the most efficient ICEVs is similar to running an EV for most people. My BiL was round this weekend, he was pleased to have fixed his electric at 39p/kWh. He was shocked when I told him about my 5/15p tariff, how I don’t actually use that much 15p electric on the darkest midwinter days, and how I use hardly any grid power at all on sunny days including charging the car.

The experience of us lot isn’t the same as the vast majority.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:44 am
Joeboy wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:55 am Quite enjoying the conversion of sunlight to forward motion.last couple of days. If I catch it right I can be putting 6kW+.into the car from batterries,& panels.

The experience of us lot isn’t the same as the vast majority.
So true across almost all life experience (apart from Wetherspoons, they are consistent). I hope our posts here help a passerby to a light bulb moment now and then. :)

I'll still choose the EV and not on.price, can't stand the smell anymore.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

A really nice 310 mile run today. I do enjoy buying those charging time coffees. Way more civilised and pleasant than the stench of fuel. Really enjoyed the cruise control, auto wipers etc, still not a fan of Lane assist. No matter, came out the other end feeling great! :)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Ken

Post by Ken »

I apologise but ran out of steam 1/2 through this thread.

I gather the V2L can do 4.6kw ? --- on a 3 pin plug !? This could easily power the house just need to switch the house off first - that cant be too difficult can it? Isolation switch between the meter and the CU ?
marshman

Post by marshman »

NO.

You need a proper change over switch so it is an OR function - grid supply OR V2L (or generator or inverter backup supply or whatever). Simply isolating from the grid is an AND function where it is easily possibly to have both the grid and V2L (or whatever) connected at the same time - which is not good!. The danger with an isolation switch is someone "forgets" to isolate the house from the grid (especially easy to do if there is a power cut when there will be no positive indication the grid is isolated) and then at best you could have an escape of smoke, at worst someone (usually some poor power worker up a pole fixing the fault) gets a "belt" or much worse. A proper changeover switch will prevent this possibility and is virtually idiot proof.

You also have the issue of earthing to deal with - more difficult if you are on PME (TN-C-S) - if you don't understand what that means you need to find out before changing anything.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:37 pm I apologise but ran out of steam 1/2 through this thread.

I gather the V2L can do 4.6kw ? --- on a 3 pin plug !? This could easily power the house just need to switch the house off first - that cant be too difficult can it? Isolation switch between the meter and the CU ?
Max discharge rate from the vehicle is 3.6kW. When I tested it I just used an extension reel and ran the washing machine. In the event of needing the EV as a power source during a powercut I'd just run the reel into the house.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Ken

Post by Ken »

The blurb i looked at said 4.6kw https://thedriven.io/2021/12/11/ioniq-5 ... ll-in-one/

In fact i could not find the fig on the Ionic site.