Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

I prefer to build up a credit with the ripple savings in summer so its like a virtual grid battery which I discharge in winter. :ugeek:

Each £1 in credit is worth at least 10kWh to me so that's over 3MWh's for me in the tank and rising.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Umski

Post by Umski »

Hello folks, noob here - hadn't even come across Ripple until I was researching battery storage and stumbled upon this forum so thanks! (takes me back about 10 years when I was a lurker in what I realise now is referred to as "the old place" but let's not go there!)

So just signed up to 1000W at Kirk Hill to complement the 3.95kWp of PV we had installed in 2013 but was wondering how Ripple link to my Octopus Energy account - is it purely by address or do they cross reference to the MPAN at some point in the future when it's all going? I can't see anything related in my Ripple account that seems to tie the two together?

Thanks!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Our DD is a tenner, has been for quite a while. That's a massive overshoot now of course! Pretty sure that we are damn close to nulling out the home energy bill completely. Certainly by the time Kirkhill comes online we will be for home, EV and maybe a touch over to spend on further RE toys. ;)

A happy day indeed even if the Turbine is shutdown for maintenance, :roll:

Congratulations to all who had the vision and cojones to step up for Graig Fatha. 907 very happy people! :lol:

Tonight there shall be beer to celebrate (PV chilled of course). 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

John_S wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:26 pm Does anyone know the date to which Ripple measured the KWhs to for the credit on the Octopus bill?
My credit does not tally with cumulative generation to any particular end of day total multiplied by 9.5p.
Or are the reported generation figures the 'transmitted' figures without correction for when comms are down?

To yesterday, I reckon production has averaged 4.95 kWhs per day per 1,000kW of ownership. The average annual prediction of generation is 7.32 kWhs per day per 1,000kW. Still some room for improvement in performance. Pity that there are no monthly predictions like there are with PVGIS.
Email from Ripple just in:
Your first bill savings have been applied to your bills and can be viewed in your Octopus accounts. All together, Graig Fatha members have saved over £16,000 from March's generation and almost £9,000 will go to families in fuel poverty as a result of the Welsh Government's share.

We have calculated your share of Graig Fatha's March generation and worked with Octopus to apply the savings to your bills.

Things to note as you review your bill:

The savings applied refer to Graig Fatha's March generation. This was a part-month generation due to the turbine being energised halfway through the month. April's full month generation will be applied to bills in May
Your savings are labelled as "Ripple Saving" and are visible under your balance history in your on line Octopus accounts
Savings will also be visible on your next Octopus statements. Those statements are created either when Octopus receives a meter reading, or after 3 months if no reading has been recorded during that time
If you have used our Refer a Friend programme, this credit will be applied to your accounts over the coming days as "referral reward"
Not all savings are applied to bills on the same day. It depends on when your specific Octopus billing date lands. If you can't see your savings right now, don't worry. If after a few days you still cannot see them, contact us (not Octopus) and we'll help you
We will update your savings information on your Ripple dashboards over the next few days
If you have been contacted by us recently for your Octopus account details or are yet to switch, we will speak to you directly to keep you informed on how your savings will be applied
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Its back on now joeboy !

Might be only 906 happy people now as 1 person has withdrawn their shares (it was in one of the recent Co-Op board mtg minutes).

Email came from ripple saying its only March's savings. If that's true then either the actuals ripple published are understated or there might have been some export generation before the 15th March as I recall it was very windy for a few days before whilst they were commissioning and we did speculate who was getting that free leccy !

Either way its been a long, torturous at times, but ultimately a fruitful journey from waiting 2 years for them to launch their first project, to paying up and waiting over 6 months to get it funded, then another year for it to be built, then another 3 months to get it switched on and finally another month before real cash appears in the Octopus account.

And also a thank you to CleanEarthEnergy who first started identified the site back in 2015 and spent 3 years before planning permission was finally granted in 2018. So its taken over 6 years to get a single wind turbine up and running.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:44 pm I can buy that persons shares if you like 😎

Moxi
Contact them?
He who hingeth aboot, geteth heewhaw. Direct quote from Pope John.Paul 3rd. :lol: 8-)
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:59 pm Email sent !

I’ve asked what their plans are for any other share arising for WT1 as I’m sure there’s always going to be interested parties.

I presume the pope was loosely referencing the well worn Yorkshire psalm:

God elps them as elps themselves !

Moxi
The very one, an island of Wisdom indeed! :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs