Victron reliability

Joeboy

Re: Victron reliability

Post by Joeboy »

Andy wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:51 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:35 pm Andy,
I have a pal, we worked together offshore for years. A very competent, neat sparky indeed. He left at the same time as me and has started up on his own so his overhead is small and he is into RE. I'll PM you his number, he is based Banchory/Torphins area. If nothing else it will give you a chance to compare quotes?
That’d be great. I’m on his doorstep.
Happy to help, pm sent.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AlBargey

Post by AlBargey »

Andy wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:56 pm
How long have you been running your Victron AlBargey? Has it all been reliable for you?
I mentioned earlier on a little bit on the system since 2013, never a problem.

We've had 4 Victron mppt charge controllers, old Victron skylla charger, 3kVa Multiplus, 8kVa Quattro, small 8a 24v charger, CCGX, USB MK2, SmartShunt. Never a problem with anything. They just work, and the integration with each other is great, but since the software is open source and can run on raspberryPi and being able to use home assistant etc, the programming possibilities are endless.

The only issue I ever had was buying a Multiplus from a dodgy eBay listing, which turned out it was probably from a boat that had sunk which I saw when I opened the case! I sent it to be checked and week or two later Victron offered me better than trade price new Multiplus as the eBay one wasn't worth repairing. They didn't have to do that, it wasn't in warranty, but they were relatively quick and helpful.

Victron have been around quite a while now and seen lots of the new cheap inverter companies bring products to market, but Victron will probably still be around in 15 years time when many of the newer ones won't!
38m Barge, Solar (10.6 kWp), 26 kWh of LFP, Victron Quattro 8 kVA, CerboGX, 3,500L STP, 57kVa Perkins
Our live data: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installat ... e/c76c4bf6
Andy

Post by Andy »

AlBargey wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:09 pm They just work, and the integration with each other is great, but since the software is open source and can run on raspberryPi and being able to use home assistant etc, the programming possibilities are endless.
That's what I was hoping since I can hopefully optimise the use between the car charger and the battery charger depending on the time of year for example. Good to hear it works well.
AlBargey wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:09 pm They didn't have to do that, it wasn't in warranty, but they were relatively quick and helpful.
I was wondering about their shorter than normal warranty. it is nice to know they still stand by their products down the line.

Cheers for that. It puts my mind at rest somewhat.