Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Latest email:
A quick reminder that you have until midnight tomorrow, 3rd May, to purchase shares in Kirk Hill Wind Farm, after which point the share offer will close to new members.
Join over 4,500 people who have chosen to be part of Kirk Hill Wind Farm today.
I woud have thought they would have suppressed this for (a) members who have (b) already bought 120% of their "planned" consumption...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Increased capacity tonight to.......
Current anual import 3850 kwh , -but trying to reduce...........
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:47 pm
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:24 am New update on my account page:
First full month Graig Fatha generation numbers
01/05/2022

Initial indications are that the Graig Fatha turbine has exceeded the most optimistic estimates of output for April. That is despite wind speeds lower than modelled and the turbine being switched off for periods for testing and servicing.

Generation was 462,000 kWh whereas the P75 level we based ownership on suggested 407,000 kWh of output for April. This is 13% above the P75 level set out in the share offer document.
This is quite a surprise (to me) as a) I would have thought that April would be quite a windy month - so their long-range estimate would be high but this year has disappointed, and b) my outturn has been 25 to 50% of predicted output almost every day, and has averaged 52% since I started keeping a record of the predictions.
A
This is exceptionally good news for the secret list of WT1 members and not surprising if ripple were honest in their share offer by using the P75 and not the P50 figures as used for WT2. I agree their prediction on their live website is complete rubbish but that's irrelevant.

The difference between their P50 and P75 annual generation figures for WT1 was about 10%. They also took off another 2% to be conservative possibly because of the other existing wind turbines upwind. So if its generated 13% more than expected with less wind resource and with the 500hr service shutdowns, then WT1 members might have bought into something even better value than WT2 offers.

He / she who dares, .....................:mrgreen:
When I totted up April figures for WT1, knowing in my mind that there had been maintenance shutdowns and poor days too, didn't have high hopes. 😢

Paused for a minute when I added WT & PV together and it was well over 1MWh for the month in our name. With the right combination of May weather out in 24 (cool panels, high irradiation and blowing a hoolie at both sites) we might well crack 2MWh for a single month. 🤞 :)

Looking at the nuclear fleet output as well as gas turbines uk side and the interconnect activity to Europe I am more than happy to do 'our bit' to help throttle Putin's finances. I know Scottish govt has sent out a call for all Scottish companies to cease trade with Russia. Could do a lot worse that to back the excess req'd to close out the Maybole funding and help fast track the build red tape. It all matters. :mrgreen:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Eh lads, busy with the stupidly bright (thus hard work) Boxer puppy who, if she's to stand a chance (the sort of dog folk give up on) is taking all my time currently.

Keeping all 4 paws on the ground is hard, she's one of those that we' consider agility with to help out those fast flying neurons she clearly has too many of.

But thought i'd pop my head in to see if anyone knows what the % sold for ripple now stands at?
(i've just topped up a bit more so now our total stands at 1906 watts)

In other news, May the 10th ..hoping to hear good things for micro-mobility lealisation so have bought a pure E-scooty (air pro 2nd gen) for the daughter & myself, going to leave it boxed until I know the result (14 day cooling off "in case" scenario)

But right now the Pure air pro model is £100 off (£499) blue card light = 5% off & 3.74% topcashback makes it about the best price till end of today @ £456 after TCB ..if anyone's considered one.

my 5% off code: https://refer.pureelectric.com/Q3cpCHd

About as cheap as they are going to get, expect stock demand to skyrocket if shapps / queen's speech is as how many are expecting.
(legal, but helmets, insurance, reg plate & possibly indicators & reflectors)

Anyhow, hope the weather is well with you! ;)
See you when time (dog) allows.

Pip pip.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:55 pm
But thought i'd pop my head in to see if anyone knows what the % sold for ripple now stands at?
(i've just topped up a bit more so now our total stands at 1906 watts)
The total required for the project is £32.5m.

The total required to be raised by Ripple is just short of £23m.

The average WT1 member payed £2.3k (ripples own figures).

Ripple announced about a day ago they had 4,500 members for WT2 and that did not include the 100 or so a day they were signing up during the fully charged event. So lets say they end up with 5000 members by midnight tomorrow. That might be £11.5m or exactly 50% the amount they wanted to raise.

So, your left with a £32.5m project with 2/3's equity and 1/3 debt financing. There could be other financial investors we don't know about yet, so that loan might shrink further and not be terribly relevant.

I believe its going to fly.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bought a little more to help that 50% figure and reduce the interest payments for the team! Currently own a combined 7,000Kw with an expected generation of 21MWh pa once it's all up and running. Pretty sure this with the 6MWh pa from the PV we will now be deeply carbon neutral. 8-)

Changed days indeed, most peculiar mamma! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks Nowty.

Am I clueless as to where that percentile sold is concerned or is it not showing these days?

Just had a look on the ripple dash, our estimated output for Kirk Hill Expected annual generation 6,048 kWh which is a big old chunk down, wish govt would do more to incentivise this, ..Ukraine & all that.

(might plant some wheat in the back garden) :shock:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Tinkering

Post by Tinkering »

Afternoon all, you can add me to the list now after a lot of ummming and ahhhing ...

Your wind farm: Kirk Hill
Your co-operative: Kirk Hill Co-operative
Watts owned: 1096.896
Expected output (kwh): 3480
Equal to your electricity usage (%): 120%
7750 kw pv Roof/Garden and Tracker mounted
2 x Luxpowertek Parallel Inverters
28.8 kw Pylontech Batteries.
1096 watts of Kirk Hill WT2
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:51 pm Thanks Nowty.

Am I clueless as to where that percentile sold is concerned or is it not showing these days?

Just had a look on the ripple dash, our estimated output for Kirk Hill Expected annual generation 6,048 kWh which is a big old chunk down, wish govt would do more to incentivise this, ..Ukraine & all that.

(might plant some wheat in the back garden) :shock:
The beauty of this is that we don't need to wait on govt. We all know its slow as hell. Being nimble and individual has many advantages.

Percentile sd will likely show up on Weds as nay extension to window of investment... :roll: No worries!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Tinkering wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:08 pm Afternoon all, you can add me to the list now after a lot of ummming and ahhhing ..

Your wind farm: Kirk Hill
Your co-operative: Kirk Hill Co-operative
Watts owned: 1096.896
Expected output (kwh): 3480
Equal to your electricity usage (%): 120%
Congratulations, well done indeed!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5