Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

I hear you Joe, still a big fan of a wind turbine orientated national lottery money (as long as it doesn't go to power the likes of opera houses)
"everyone's a winner" that way.

PS, to the folks who used my Ripple code, that was flung back into more watts (technically speaking, as it hasn't paid out yet) .. sincere thanks to you!
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tinkering wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:08 pm Afternoon all, you can add me to the list now after a lot of ummming and ahhhing ...
That's 20 from on here now for WT2, we only have 15 for WT1.

But there will be more.

Don't be shy, you can PM me if you want to remain anonymous as it is a secret list, unless you have publicly declared it. ;)

I can also confirm by return PM if your already on it. :D
Last edited by nowty on Mon May 02, 2022 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:13 pm
Tinkering wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:08 pm Afternoon all, you can add me to the list now after a lot of ummming and ahhhing ...

But there will be more. ;)
It would be smashing if we could gather a non hierarchal total once the dust has settled. Purely to see what a group of individuals can do when working to a common goal. A thought is, how many houses can the Camelot WT1 & WT2 investors potentially fuel? I am going to pm Nowty my figure which I have made public anyway and with fortune on our side we will get an accurate ish Camelot combined figure? Cool?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:18 pm
nowty wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:13 pm

But there will be more. ;)
It would be smashing if we could gather a non hierarchal total once the dust has settled. Purely to see what a group of individuals can do when working to a common goal. A thought is, how many houses can the Camelot WT1 & WT2 investors potentially fuel? I am going to pm Nowty my figure which I have made public anyway and with fortune on our side we will get an accurate ish Camelot combined figure? Cool?
I'll leave it up to individuals if they want to declare their actual amounts. Just multiplying the total number of individuals by the average investment of £2.3k amount gives an approx annual generation of 4000 kWh a year and should give a reasonable estimate.

In fact that's quite interesting as 4000 kWh is the amount a standard 4kW solar installation typically generates.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:18 pm It would be smashing if we could gather a non hierarchal total once the dust has settled. Purely to see what a group of individuals can do when working to a common goal. A thought is, how many houses can the Camelot WT1 & WT2 investors potentially fuel? I am going to pm Nowty my figure which I have made public anyway and with fortune on our side we will get an accurate ish Camelot combined figure? Cool?
This thread can stay with the Ripple Wind turbine story, but I will start a new thread based on Joeboy's idea. And having had another PM its sort of given me an idea which I don't mind acting on. This is to combine with our annual Solar PV generation which is almost certainly going to be higher across the websites membership.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:55 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:18 pm It would be smashing if we could gather a non hierarchal total once the dust has settled. Purely to see what a group of individuals can do when working to a common goal. A thought is, how many houses can the Camelot WT1 & WT2 investors potentially fuel? I am going to pm Nowty my figure which I have made public anyway and with fortune on our side we will get an accurate ish Camelot combined figure? Cool?
This thread can stay with the Ripple Wind turbine story, but I will start a new thread based on Joeboy's idea. And having had another PM its sort of given me an idea which I don't mind acting on. This is to combine with our annual Solar PV generation which is almost certainly going to be higher across the websites membership.
If you choose, you can go beyond that. I'm sure there are more than a few who have parts of or complete hydroturbines? As we spoke about the other month, there's the PV shares side of things too and general RE?

Personally, I am just wakening up to how much RE is actually owned and in my name. I have screeds of RE shares. No brag meant, yet all these things we invest in are to the benefit of us all and not based on the vagaries or demands of the 4 year short timeliners and the powerbrokers who own influence over them.

We actually choose this path and put our money down. That shit I can groove on! :) Looking forward to what you come up with Nowty and where it will lead to.. 8-) :ugeek:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

21:

After some world class dithering, at the 11th hour (and 41st minute), i've signed up to WT2.

But as i'm currently getting quotes for an ASHP i would be being optimistic to be disconnecting from the grid - although the same money would buy quite a bit more solar/battery for my system.

Actually not quite 11th hr - i seem to have lost track of the dates - bank holiday confusion.
450W hydro-electric
5110W pv
1.3kw Wt2 - not yet producing
6kWh lead acid - maybe 1kwh useable
LiMnCo battery made from 2nd hand hybrid car modules 3.6kwh nominal 24v.
300lt hot water tank and two storage heaters
ASHP Grant Aerona 3 10.5kw and UFH
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Marcus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:49 pm 21:

After some world class dithering, at the 11th hour (and 41st minute), i've signed up to WT2.

But as i'm currently getting quotes for an ASHP i would be being optimistic to be disconnecting from the grid - although the same money would buy quite a bit more solar/battery for my system.

Actually not quite 11th hr - i seem to have lost track of the dates - bank holiday confusion.
You have until midnight tonight Marcus to increase! :twisted:
Well done for getting in there! :)
It's the best club to be in.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

@galahad

How many ripple watts to offset our forum?
Do you have ripple watts account already?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
pudding

Post by pudding »

Just signed up, 946W purchased. :)
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D