Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

that's old hat news though.
early days, interest gauged, proven & implemented, the sort of scheme that can then morph, as per previously stated, & start drawing govt monies as part of their bollox statements of greening up.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

that's old hat news though.
early days, interest gauged, proven & implemented, the sort of scheme that can then morph, as per previously stated, & start drawing govt monies as part of their bollox statements of greening up.

if the welsh govt can invest, then it means far more council deals down the chain, local govt schemes in a more simplified form than they are doing now with solar group buys buying blind and stiffing people.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

To highlight the last statement, & previously mentioned before within forums, here & "st elsewhere" the local Cambridgeshire county council have several solar projects running solar farms & the solar car park at the are end of the guided buses is finally in prep for the very much unused couple of acres of car parking cost off too of my head is 7 odd million, I have a feeling it will be heavily over engineered based on architects "visions" in computer rendering. ..in the meantime the bus stop itself has a mobile loo set up & drivers rest cabin , likely no integration & weatherproofing, the unused (bad 14 cars the max I have seen using it) if they reduced the useable car park size they could likely save a few million in making it unnecessarily dumb driver proof.
Fingers crossed.

That's 7 million, yeah they'll own it but what are the costs for a fields worth of solar versus a solar car park with public access, likely better off investing in a turbine scheme & a regular field of solar than this.(chunky suv proof fittings)

Effectively the few cars will have more weather protection offered it than the humans using the buses, (the other day, Sunday daughter & I were in a busy Cambridge via the guided busway) animal experiment protest, big book festival (we went to see Michael Morpurgo in our 9 year quest to get her favourite childhood books signed.. Fail!

Anyhow, around 20 people got off the bus 17 walked into town (10 minutes to centre) 3 were picked up by 2 cars including us, ..this is how it has been since it opened. ..both cars swooped in & picked up no hanging around, very few all day parkers, they may as well make it a secure overnight parking facility for hgv drivers.

Drummer street (1960's metal girder bus station) ..high exposure to sun, maybe kit it out with panels & share it beneath (warm weather not box) ready for electric buses that will need charging *cough*
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Just in.

All you need to know about the Kirk Hill share offer: 

The breakdown of the SPV, the entity which owns the project is as follows:

The equity raise has funded 70% of the project. The remaining 30% of the funding will be from a finance facility.The cooperative's share is made up of 5,603 individuals and 18 businesses. It will own 57.6% of the project. That's a raise of over £13m.Commercial property company Bruntwood, Kirk Hill's co-investor, will own a 42.4% shareThe finance element will have a separate, longer term power purchase agreement to provide certainty over revenue to the bank and will not affect the member returns.  Once the finance facility has been repaid, members are set to receive additional returns from the excess power being generated.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
TCA

Post by TCA »

So by my calculations the final split is:

individual investors/businesses 40%
co-investor 30%
finance 30%

If you allocate the 30% finance pro-rata you end up with the figures given:

individual investors/businesses 57.6%
co-investor 42.4%

I'm still none the wiser as to how member returns aren't affected by borrowing money, unless they're just assuming income from the wind farm output from the 30% will pay back the loan.

I'll be interested to find out the detail of the finance facility.
nowty

Post by nowty »

TCA wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:36 pm So by my calculations the final split is:

individual investors/businesses 40%
co-investor 30%
finance 30%

If you allocate the 30% finance pro-rata you end up with the figures given:

individual investors/businesses 57.6%
co-investor 42.4%

I'm still none the wiser as to how member returns aren't affected by borrowing money, unless they're just assuming income from the wind farm output from the 30% will pay back the loan.

I'll be interested to find out the detail of the finance facility.
As with most long term infrastructure projects, debt finance is generally cheaper than equity finance but does increase the financial risk. With WT1 a loan facility at an interest rate of 5% was offered. If the returns from the wind turbine exceed that rate + the capital repayments, then the returns to shareholders actually increases and vice versa.

Kirk Hill has become a leveraged investment, at 30% gearing which I think is the maximum level I would be comfortable with and probably the maximum the debt financier would be comfortable with too. What we don't know is exactly how long term the PPA will be and will it be long enough to pay back all the capital, I doubt that.

The good news is that any delay to the start would have pushed the income stream out of the higher yielding winter period.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

If the return on Kirkhill is anywhere near the return on Graig Fatha there will be more than enough to pay back the interest and loan. I've never seen power prices cut to consumers, always an upward trend. In this case, that's good news.

IF GF generation model is accurate and per kWh settles at 9.64p per, we will see a 14.9% return pa excl set up fees this year alone. That's a decent indicator.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

I have registered an interest in WT 3 ! is that a little premature ?
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:07 am If the return on Kirkhill is anywhere near the return on Graig Fatha there will be more than enough to pay back the interest and loan. I've never seen power prices cut to consumers, always an upward trend. In this case, that's good news.

IF GF generation model is accurate and per kWh settles at 9.64p per, we will see a 14.9% return pa excl set up fees this year alone. That's a decent indicator.
not if it trundles on at this level of output we won't
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!