Could someone check this please?

SafetyThird

Re: Could someone check this please?

Post by SafetyThird »

I'm posting my application today, filled out as attached. I've included the line diagram from the install manual and copies of the G98 and G100 declarations downloaded from the web. Hopefully I'll hear back in the next couple of weeks.

6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
sharpener

Post by sharpener »

Sorry, have been away.

My application to WPD was G99 on Form 1-1. Attached were a single line diagram (I think your Luxpower one will do fine), and copies of the Victron inverter spec, their 8 page G99 compliance certificate, and their G100 compliance statement.

I am a bit concerned that yr sig panel says you have got 6kW of PV connected to the SMA inverter. With your proposed topology I don't see how the Luxpower will measure its output, control it or limit the total aggregate export to 16 amps. My experience with WPD is they are very hot on this because they do not want any possibility that your generation will cause their line voltage to exceed 253V. Did you rule out using the Luxpower hybrid inverters which IMHO would be better suited, as the solar PV is "behind" the inverter as shown here https://luxpowertek.com/lxp-hybrid-3-6k?

As mine was a 5kVA inverter I included the following explanation of the export limitation scheme on p3 of the form:

<1. The above equipment is all internal to the Multi-Plus II inverter/charger, see attached
declaration.
2. The generator output will be limited to 3.7kW in three different ways, any one of which will be
sufficient to prevent the allowed output being exceeded:
• The maximum real power in inverter mode will be set to 3.7 kW instead of 4.4kW
• The battery current will be limited to 75 amps (at a nominal 48 volts)
• The aggregated export current will be limited to 16 amps (so that if the solar PV
generation is working at maximum output the energy storage system output will be
reduced to zero). The MultiPlus inverter/charger measures the aggregate export current
using its internal current sensor, so no communication is required between it and the
Steca solar inverters to achieve this.
3. In a Loss of Mains situation the internal LoM detection will operate automatically to open the
dual redundant grid disconnection relays and close the neutral-earth link relay (see page 7 of
attached test.certificate <VICEN_02691_201124090551.pdf >).>

You might have to add something similar to suit yr equipment and as stated above I am not quite sure how you will achieve it.

To answer your original questions
<Main queries:
I'm not sure what to put in the 'technology type' for each of the inverters
Should the AC inverter be in the additional generating units section or the proposed energy storage units
Do I have to list the batteries in the energy storage units section?>

Following discussion with WPD I put the existing Steca PV inverters in "Details of Existing PGMs – where applicable" and the
Victron ESS charger/inverter and batteries in "Details of Proposed Additional Generating Unit(s)" not Proposed Energy Storage Unit(s).

HTH and good luck.
16 x 230W Upsolar panels S Devon, 4kW Steca, 3.9 MWh FITs/yr
8 x 405W Longi panels, 250/60 MPPT, 3.3 MWh/yr
Victron MultiPlus II-GX 48/5000/70-50
10.65 kWh Pylontec Force-L2
zappi 7kW EVCS
Villavent whole-house MVHR
5000l rainwater system
Vaillant 12kW HP
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Thanks for all that, I've not dropped in here for a couple of weeks, just very busy, the application was sent off and I'm waiting to here back from them. While I have 6kw of PV on the roof, it's limited to 3.6kw by the inverter, it's just oversized to give better spring/autumn performance so hopefully that won't be an issue. The PV has been in for 7 years now and is FIT registered so I don't want to change anything on that. It's just the battery system going in.

Will update when I hear back from them, meanwhile, I'll be bolting things to the wall and laying everything out in readiness.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW