How to add batteries & more PV

Joeboy

Re: How to add batteries & more PV

Post by Joeboy »

pudding wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:44 pm One benefit of catching Covid and testing positive this morning! Very productive in other ways without having to go to work :lol:
Time then to double check the spec of the hybrid inverter to conform with dno reg's... unlucky BTW.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
marshman

Post by marshman »

Joeboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm
pudding wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:44 pm One benefit of catching Covid and testing positive this morning! Very productive in other ways without having to go to work :lol:
Time then to double check the spec of the hybrid inverter to conform with dno reg's... unlucky BTW.
Solis RHI inverters are on the ENA register as type tested for compliance with G98/99 regs. The spec sheet doesn't or didn't when I looked mention G100, but I do have a copy of the G100 test certificate for the 6kW version which my DNO, UKPowernetworks, has accepted. Not looked for one for the 3.68kW version but I would think you can download from the same place. Not at home at the moment so can't post the link.
pudding

Post by pudding »

Thanks that would be great. I've found on the zerohomebills site there are quite a few certificates etc, could be the same place?
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
8kW GSHP/MVHR/5kW A2A HP/ Ripple- KH & DW & P4 on the way :D
pudding

Post by pudding »

marshman wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Joeboy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Solis RHI inverters are on the ENA register as type tested for compliance with G98/99 regs. The spec sheet doesn't or didn't when I looked mention G100, but I do have a copy of the G100 test certificate for the 6kW version which my DNO, UKPowernetworks, has accepted. Not looked for one for the 3.68kW version but I would think you can download from the same place. Not at home at the moment so can't post the link.
Hi @marshman just wondered if you found out where you got your G100 cert from for your Solis hybrid? I'm planning on submitting the G99 fast track to WPD next week so would be good to get the most up to date version if possible? Thanks.
4kW array w/Fronius | 3.51kW & 3.28kW arrays w/Sunsynk 3.6kW hybrid | 6 x Pylon US3000C
marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pudding

Post by pudding »

Awesome, got it. Thanks for that. Hopefully no issues or snags with a G99 fast track now with this to help persuade.
pudding

Post by pudding »

Quick update here. So I got my 4 Pylontech batteries, and they are currently sat in a home made rack made from left over wood and pallets, and new car port all finished ready for more PV panels :-

I submitted the G99 fast track to try and get the batteries connected up as soon as possible. Submitted on 6th June proposing a 3.6kW Solis hybrid. Didn't hear back for weeks, my electrician/installer hadn't heard anything so he gave me the contact details for the guy at Western Power for my area who would deal with it. He didn't respond to emails, and I finally managed to get hold of him on the phone this week. He pulled up my application, had a quick look through, say yeah, all looks fine, you should have received a letter saying ok and to notify us once install is complete?! Mustve been an issue sending the letter out, he'll tick a box again and send it out again. FFS! But now of course, the Solis hybrid is not in stock anywhere and might no be for weeks.

So, after chatting on the Solar FB group, I'm now leaning towards a 3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid. Same deal as the Solis in that it will mop up excess from my existing 4kW PV install, has G98 & G100 certs, and it available next week from ITS. So, I'm now very very tempted to just order it and sort out the change of inverter from Solis to Sunsynk later, to avoid waiting even longer and missing out again. Just wanted a common sense check on this approach in case I'm setting myself up for an issue down the line?
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I’ve never heard of any kind of “inspection” so go ahead!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Post by nowty »

Yeah, I would not go back just because I've changed something with the same spec.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
pudding

Post by pudding »

Like like the replies! Installer just said one of his suppliers might have one locally too so he'll let me know if and a price. Might finally be getting somewhere! Shame we've missed out on so much saving having had batteries sat here for 2 months now!