Solis RAI-3K 5G

Kenny000666

Re: Solis RAI-3K 5G

Post by Kenny000666 »

Just double checked the ENA site,

The AC inverter is somehow hidden, you have to search 48ES and no other selection to find it for some reason.

Link - https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/Index.a ... tab=search
Umski

Post by Umski »

Kenny000666 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:33 pm Hi

New to the forum, but happened to come across this post as I have exactly the same set up I am trying to get approved. I already have an existing 3.99kWp PV set up with a SolarEdge SE4000 inverter which I believe would have been registered by the MCS installer (who went bust) back in the days

ITS are due to send me the Solis Rai 3kw AC inverter on Friday and apparently the US5000 is awaiting shipment in September.

Aiming to get the gear set up so can I plug in the battery when it arrives.

I am also with UKPN, and looking at this thread I believe I have the exact same process as you to add a 3kw AC inverter to an existing 4kw system.

Did you happen to go the G98 route to install a system under 3.68kW via Smart Connect?
Snap, same here with the SE4000 ;) So update on the situation - I finally had a reply back from UKPN about the mis-listed Solis and it was a bit vague in that it pointed me to the ENA site, which as you've discovered does list the RAI-3K and is approved for G98/G99 - she suggested it was easy enough to just submit the certificate as part of the documentation, however as she leads the Smart Connect team I thought it might be easier to just give her a call and had a brief but useful chat. It seems their not all that clued up on the specifics of each inverter, hence the mis-categorisation (though she said the team will look into it) - the Smart Connect submission can this be done as a 'not listed' battery inverter and then submit the cert that she provided! She did also mention G100 as a certificate but I didn't want to dig too far into that so I'm in in two minds whether to submit 'yes' or 'no' to the G100 limitation - I will look into this next week and update as there doesn't seem to be a 'formal' certificate for G100, just a manufacturer declaration in many cases, I've not found one for the RAI, only the blurb in the manual. From the way she was talking it seems like a formality if they have the ENA cert.

I also received my RAI - cheap as the company was selling them off as they retrofit and prefer the RHI hybrids apparently - it was new and boxed - a lot bigger than I was expecting. Mounting was easy enough but I think I may have kept it a bit low as now need to crook my neck to see underneath! First thing I discovered was the battery terminal cover fits very tight to the supplied cables - not the best design as they bend through 90 degrees! Still not sure why there's a wifi antenna if the data logging stick is needed :? Not much else done yet other than mounting as need some ancillary bits and bobs. Also erring on ordering the US5000 - the lead acids I had were meant to be experimental as I also have a hot water diverter so not sure if they will play nicely but with Pylons being like hens' teeth I think I might just go for it! Just switched to an Octopus fixed tariff on the assumption that things are only forecast to get worse - that means 70p/kWh electric - yep you read that right :shock: - be cheaper to run a petrol genny! So want to get this done ASAP!
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

This may help. I emailed ITS Tech for the G100 cert and they sent me this.

Err can’t attach PDFs?

Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Did you have to submit a schematic diagram as part of your application?
Umski

Post by Umski »

Thanks, I also managed to get hold of the PDF via a thread on electricianforum - weird that it doens't seem to be published elsewhere like the other documents. Anyway, application going in today hopefully - no mention of a schematic request anywhere I can see, they just want the G98, G100 and images of the main fuse cut-out, tails, meter and the CU and surrounding area which I have gathered together now :)

Edit, my error, they also want the following:

Single line diagram (showing the location of the emergency isolation switch) - assuming this means schematic?
Site layout / plan (must include site boundary)
Manufacturer’s specification sheet

This could take a bit longer than I'd hoped!
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Does anybody have any experience of Scottish Power Networks and getting G100 acceptance? (sorry for thread hijack)
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Umski

Post by Umski »

Well I've submitted my application via UKPN Smart Connect, only thing I was unsure of was the 'single line diagram' which I assumed meant a schematic! The inverter was 'not listed' so I submitted the G98 cert.

I bit the bullet and also pre-ordered a US5000 from ITS due end of October - I was a bit miffed at the £78+VAT for delivery, economies of scale suggested buying 2 might have been better @£95+VAT but I don't want to commit to 9kWh just at the moment - my original plan was to just keep the 1.5kWh-ish lead acids but swapping out for a full 4.5kWh would cover me for a whole day rather than just overnight...also need to figure out if my homebrew diverter will play nicely with the Solis' charging algorithm...

It's slowly coming together!
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

I went the fast track route.

All I submitted were the data sheets of the Solis and the US5000. The G98 G99 and G100 certs.
They said they will contact me on the day of commissioning for the commissioning sheets (20th sept)

They didn’t ask me about the schematics, meters site layout. I guess either I will get hit with those after commissioning or this is the benefits of a fast track application.
Umski

Post by Umski »

So all approved within 24 hours via Smart Connect - very efficient! Commissioning docs needed by 9th Nov - not sure what that will entail but am sure I will find out, I think I listed the install date as being October time so I have some time to get it all sorted :)
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Yeh hah same here. Commissioning docs were the G99 Form A, wiring schematics, site layout + isolator etc, within 30 days of commissioning.

Unfortunately still no sign of the US5000 being dispatched. Original date was aug 16, then revised to Sept 9th.

Unfortunately cant book in the electrician until I know when it’s arriving. Hopefully soon. Seems they got abundant US3000s in stock 😅