Solis RAI-3K 5G

Umski

Re: Solis RAI-3K 5G

Post by Umski »

Kenny000666 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:43 pm Yeh hah same here. Commissioning docs were the G99 Form A, wiring schematics, site layout + isolator etc, within 30 days of commissioning.

Unfortunately still no sign of the US5000 being dispatched. Original date was aug 16, then revised to Sept 9th.

Unfortunately cant book in the electrician until I know when it’s arriving. Hopefully soon. Seems they got abundant US3000s in stock 😅
Interesting, I had to submit the G98, G100, site layout etc when I submitted the original application, then for commissioning it is asking for the commission date, location in the premises, the location of the isolator, the G98 (Form C) and G100 again :roll: I wonder what different Smart Connect tick box was different :shock:
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

I didnt do the smart connect, I think I pasted link in a previous thread about a fast track application in this section of the website

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/elect ... gy-storage

Ultimately I think the things we need to do is the same anyway.

Have you had a look at the G99 A commissioning form? There’s so much on there I don’t think a standard electrician will be able to answer.

Did you get already get an electrician who is willing to connect this up and commission? The electrician I know declined the job, (although it should be a simple wiring up to a breaker and isolator)
Umski

Post by Umski »

Kenny000666 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:54 pm I didnt do the smart connect, I think I pasted link in a previous thread about a fast track application in this section of the website

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/elect ... gy-storage

Ultimately I think the things we need to do is the same anyway.

Have you had a look at the G99 A commissioning form? There’s so much on there I don’t think a standard electrician will be able to answer.

Did you get already get an electrician who is willing to connect this up and commission? The electrician I know declined the job, (although it should be a simple wiring up to a breaker and isolator)
Ah that makes sense then, slightly different route in - I didn't delve too deeply into the UKPN stuff just registered for Smart Connect and went from there. G99 doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere in my application - am I missing something or is it because G100 will apply and hence from their perspective it falls under G98 (i.e. <3.68kW) I double checked the details and it summates the total of 3.68 (PV) + 3 (battery) and shows the export at 3.68kW - is the form you mention in the ENA 'All G99 forms' bundle - hidden in an Annex I imagine?

Not got a spark lined up yet but have a couple that I will be approaching once I am able to tell and show them exactly what they need to do! I seem to be able to do one small thing at a time when I get a spare moment - drilling into the breeze blocks doesn't bode well for nice square alignment! I have a bunch of DC side wires to put together for my lead acid arrangement - I plan to use a 63A DC dual MCB which will sit nicely in a blank CU enclosure. I've also mounted the AC isolator to the wall and the DIN rail for the Acrel so it's slowly coming together. I get what the purpose of the wifi antenna is now - the Solis has an onboard config so it creates it's own access point to connect to it on its own micro-network. The logging stick then seems to allow connection to a wifi AP in the normal way - seems like a bit of a scam to get a further 70 quid out of customers!
nowty

Post by nowty »

It may appear strange but G99 fast track process is actually for 2 x G98 inverters so a G99 test certificate may not actually be asked for. With my DNO its G98 test certificates and a G100 declaration.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Got the inverter, Garage Consumer Unit, Meter box and wiring pushed through. Just waiting on battery to arrive, and sparky to wire it all up.

Now this is the part I’m stuck on, 4/5 sparky a ran for the hills as soon as I show them the G99 A3-1 commissioning form and ask them to sign it. Apparently never seen it before and don’t want the responsibility. What now? I can’t find a local MCS installer who would come do a small job either, they seem to want to do the whole system install…
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Just reread the declaration. Sounds like it can be signed by the Generator I.e me. So maybe I can just use any spark to wire it up as long as they don’t need to get involved with the G99 commissioning form.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Kenny000666 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:28 pm Just reread the declaration. Sounds like it can be signed by the Generator I.e me. So maybe I can just use any spark to wire it up as long as they don’t need to get involved with the G99 commissioning form.
Thats exactly what several on here have done.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Umski

Post by Umski »

Kenny000666 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:06 pm Got the inverter, Garage Consumer Unit, Meter box and wiring pushed through. Just waiting on battery to arrive, and sparky to wire it all up.
Nice and neat :) Which enclosure did you use for the Acrel meter? I just bought a small length of DIN rail which is mounted to the wall but it has mains fed into it so I'm sure someone will say it needs to be enclosed!

I'm now in two minds whether to bother with my 4 lead acids as I'll need a load of 5 or 6AWG wiring and lugs to hook it all up - ITS are now showing the US5000 as being available start of October...
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

Just a cheap plastic-y enclosure. But it’s the only one I could find that fits my space and not exposed.

3 Module Consumer Unit Box, Plastic Circuit Breaker Distribution Box, Transparent Cover Distribution Protection Box For Circuit Breaker Indoor on the Wall 3-4 Ways https://amzn.eu/d/dd6NjOb

Wylex do a good water proof CU that fits the meter perfectly with a see through cover that’s cheaper, https://www.screwfix.com/p/wylex-wbe3-i ... sure/74436.

Unfortunately it’s too tall to fit in my space.

Yeh I was thinking of just mounting it, but having an exposed AC connection is too much out of my comfort zone.
Kenny000666

Post by Kenny000666 »

nowty wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:30 pm
Kenny000666 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:28 pm Just reread the declaration. Sounds like it can be signed by the Generator I.e me. So maybe I can just use any spark to wire it up as long as they don’t need to get involved with the G99 commissioning form.
Thats exactly what several on here have done.
On this note, is anyone on here able to help fill out the commissioning forms?

Particularly:
- What did everyone put down for the installer? Is it ok to just put TBC, or N/A, or my details? It asks for a signature of installer, so im hesitant to put this in front of the electrician.

- for the question: "Interlocking that prevents PGMs being connected in parallel with the DNO’s Distribution Network (without synchronising) is in place and operates correctly." - does this mean that if the grid goes down the device also turns off? If so i think the Solis RAI needs this

- for question: "As installed Standard Application Form data, unless already provided." what is standard application form data?

- for the part that says - "*delete if not applicable ie if the Interface Protection and ride through capabilities are Type Tested" - i assume that because the SOLIS RAI 5G is registered on as a Fully Type Tested device on the ENA site, with G98, G99 and G100 certs, this is true and i can delete these parts?