G98 Application

NikoV6

G98 Application

Post by NikoV6 »

Long story short, we applied for G99 for Tesla Powerwall and they accepted a max 5Kw export, even though Powerwall set at the moment to not export. We got into an argument with Scottish Power Energy Networks about their £750 application cost. As this was happening..

We installed a 10Kw Solar array and spoke with Scottish Power Energy Networks yesterday about completing the application.

They stated that as our Solis inverter is G99 certified and that we would also be limiting our export to 3.68Kw using the approved CT that we would only need to retrospectively apply for G98.

I have concerns the DNOs are making things up as they go at the moment, thoughts please?

I don't want to waste time doing G98 if it gets rejected, we can turn the system on this weekend!
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
nowty

Re: G98 Application

Post by nowty »

I'm presuming the Solis inverter is > 3.68kW (before limiting) so officially it would be another G99 application.

But, they may be giving you a concession as you have already recently applied G99 for the Powerwall and they have given you a 5kW export limit. I presume you have already paid for the previous application.

Normally things are done the other way around or all together. Having this Solis limited to 3.68kW export would not exceed the whole house going over 5kW export even if the Powerwall was exporting 5kW because your Solis would limit to zero export in that situation. So, from their point of view it's acceptable to add this Solis.

You could argue they are making it up as they go along, or maybe they are actually being proactive in this case. You will know which one it is depending on whether the G98 application gets rejected or approved.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

nowty wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:27 am I'm presuming the Solis inverter is > 3.68kW (before limiting) so officially it would be another G99 application.

But, they may be giving you a concession as you have already recently applied G99 for the Powerwall and they have given you a 5kW export limit. I presume you have already paid for the previous application.

Normally things are done the other way around or all together. Having this Solis limited to 3.68kW export would not exceed the whole house going over 5kW export even if the Powerwall was exporting 5kW because your Solis would limit to zero export in that situation. So, from their point of view it's acceptable to add this Solis.

You could argue they are making it up as they go along, or maybe they are actually being proactive in this case. You will know which one it is depending on whether the G98 application gets rejected or approved.
Cheers, OK, going to try G98 and see what they say! :D
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:27 am You could argue they are making it up as they go along . . .
This would get my vote. My experience with our DNO is that dealing with them, at least at the local area office, is mostly an exercise in rearranging the words "arse", "know", "from" and "elbow" into a well-known phrase. Once I got the number for the local chap that looks after this area things were a lot better, but even he had to constantly work around the problems created by his head office.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter