Energy Tariffs

openspaceman

Re: Energy Tariffs

Post by openspaceman »

I can't remember what I thought of people my age when I was a teenager, what I do remember is many never reaching my age as they seemed to die within a couple of years of retirement.

Anyway back on topic EON have just emailed me they have unilaterally reduced my DD to less than half as a result of the recent government support.
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Just saw this on my Octopus dashboard today, anyone else had the same?
I'm expecting this is because of the money coming from the government.

3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:59 am Just saw this on my Octopus dashboard today, anyone else had the same?
I'm expecting this is because of the money coming from the government.

Got that too.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

We must be paying them too much :)
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

On positive note it is good to hear of energy suppliers beginning to act as they should, rather than constantly be on the take. I cannot ever remember any energy supplier ever volunteering to reduce my Direct Debit. In fact all I've ever had over the years, from several different suppliers, are unreasonable "requests" to increase my direct debit when it has been obvious that I am already over-paying each month.

Perhaps the collective bad press from all the energy company failures, the very high levels of profit some have been making and the focus of government on energy costs at the moment is shaming them into action.

I have worked out that my direct debit needs to reduce from £78/month to under £40/month if our electricity account balance is to come down to zero owed or owing this time next year (without taking account of any subsidy from the government this winter, over and above the £400 already announced). By interesting to see what UW propose as our new DD over the coming week or so.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

OGB, Octopus have contacted me a couple of times over the years asking if I would like a repayment as my balance was on the high side, so they have been pretty proactive on that front.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:31 am OGB, Octopus have contacted me a couple of times over the years asking if I would like a repayment as my balance was on the high side, so they have been pretty proactive on that front.
Unfortunately, last time I contacted Octopus (before the present crisis) they weren't interested at all in taking us on. Seems they are only interested in supplying to those that can have smart meters. If you're down as being in an area where smart meters are problematical they don't want to have you as a customer. Understandable, their business model is very heavily focussed on smart meter tariffs and persuading all their customers to switch. Does seem unfair from my perspective, as apart from anything else it means I couldn't invest in Ripple.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:20 am We must be paying them too much :)
I'm only £40 odd in credit and £10 per month DD. ;)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Tinbum

Post by Tinbum »

Yes, I have it as well.
85no 58mm solar thermal tubes, 28.5Kw PV, 3x Sunny Island 5048, 2795 Ah (135kWh) (c20) Rolls batteries 48v, 8kWh Growatt storage, 22 x US3000C Pylontech, Sofar ME3000's, Brosley wood burner and 250lt DHW
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:44 am
Fintray wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:31 am OGB, Octopus have contacted me a couple of times over the years asking if I would like a repayment as my balance was on the high side, so they have been pretty proactive on that front.
Unfortunately, last time I contacted Octopus (before the present crisis) they weren't interested at all in taking us on. Seems they are only interested in supplying to those that can have smart meters. If you're down as being in an area where smart meters are problematical they don't want to have you as a customer. Understandable, their business model is very heavily focussed on smart meter tariffs and persuading all their customers to switch. Does seem unfair from my perspective, as apart from anything else it means I couldn't invest in Ripple.
You can't blame Octopus for the lack of coverage suitable for a smart meter, surely that should be laid at the relevant government department that should have ensured UK wide coverage by whatever means.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf