LuxPower - “balance” issue

Lincs Robert

Re: LuxPower - “balance” issue

Post by Lincs Robert »

Stinsy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:24 pm It was around December 2021.
👍
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Guess I'll try my luck on this as well, as mine does the same 50W import. I've emailed them before about this and not had a response though :(
Tinkering

Post by Tinkering »

Lincs Robert wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:07 pm
Stinsy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:02 pm I had the same. I emailed Lux in China and they did a firmware update which fixed it…

(Don’t bother with infinity, you’re wasting your time.)
I had the 3600 software upgraded by China when the new slave unit was added - so the software is only a few months old.

What exactly did you ask China please? Could you copy/paste the wording here please?

Thanks - Rob
If it helps i have always contacted 'canhao.chen@luxpowertek.com'

He often responds during the night and usually by the next morning after i have emailed him and at the most a couple of days later.
He has adjusted my Lux unit and also updated the firmware several times.

Just send him a request along with your Station Name and inverter serial number/Number's.
7750 kw pv Roof/Garden and Tracker mounted
2 x Luxpowertek Parallel Inverters
28.8 kw Pylontech Batteries.
1096 watts of Kirk Hill WT2
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Thanks 🤞
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Hi again,

I emailed him, no reply as yet - BUT, I noticed both Lux units were offline this afternoon, odd I thought. Got them going again (unplugged/plugged LAN dongle) and then noticed, when it got dark, that my import had dropped from the 65W or so to a lot less, maybe 7W. So I suspect that the units have been “tweaked” and then rebooted - hence the comms issue. So, fingers crossed 🤞 that I’m not counting my chickens too early. I’ll keep an eye on it and keep you posted.

Rob
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Interestingly, mine regularly shows its exporting. Right now it’s showing 67w export at nearly 10pm.

6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Lincs Robert wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:52 pm Hi again,

I emailed him, no reply as yet - BUT, I noticed both Lux units were offline this afternoon, odd I thought. Got them going again (unplugged/plugged LAN dongle) and then noticed, when it got dark, that my import had dropped from the 65W or so to a lot less, maybe 7W. So I suspect that the units have been “tweaked” and then rebooted - hence the comms issue. So, fingers crossed 🤞 that I’m not counting my chickens too early. I’ll keep an eye on it and keep you posted.

Rob
Hi all,

I’ve got some closure now as I’ve had a reply from them. They confirmed that they have “adjusted the CT sample”. Import yesterday was a quite acceptable 65Wh. Thanks for the pointers in getting this resolved. It’s quite frustrating that I’ve lived with this issue for over 3 years now and was specifically told by Infinity that there was no issue. Hey ho.

Rob
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

SafetyThird wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 pm Interestingly, mine regularly shows its exporting. Right now it’s showing 67w export at nearly 10pm.

What is going on with your consumption? Something 3-ish kW is cycling on and off.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

Lincs Robert wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:42 pm I’ve got some closure now as I’ve had a reply from them. They confirmed that they have “adjusted the CT sample”. Import yesterday was a quite acceptable 65Wh. Thanks for the pointers in getting this resolved. It’s quite frustrating that I’ve lived with this issue for over 3 years now and was specifically told by Infinity that there was no issue. Hey ho.

Rob
Really am starting to get quite offended at their radio silence with me for years. I'm convinced Lux have a grudge that I reverse engineering their protocol and wrote lxp-bridge. On the other hand maybe thats almost wishful thinking and more likely they've no clue who I am and they're just shit at communications with customers ;)

They did at least appear to upgrade firmware and fix the offset as well. They did overdo it a bit taking me from 50W import to 20W export but I've manually fiddled since and got it pretty damn good:

nowty

Post by nowty »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:51 pm
SafetyThird wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 pm Interestingly, mine regularly shows its exporting. Right now it’s showing 67w export at nearly 10pm.

What is going on with your consumption? Something 3-ish kW is cycling on and off.
I'd guess its the GSHP.

Nowty Towers sometimes has a similar power signature. ;)

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3