LuxPower - “balance” issue

Stinsy

Re: LuxPower - “balance” issue

Post by Stinsy »

Surely cycling it that frequently will result in a short lifespan? My understanding is you’re supposed to run a heat pump low-and-slow all day.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Ideally would look something like this.

marshman

Post by marshman »

__
Last edited by marshman on Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Yes, our 2014 installed ASHP modulates down to about 600W to 700W input power when running normally, this increases up to about 2kW when first starting up or running flat out, I reckon on it using about 650W on average, seems to work out about right whenever I try and guess how much it's going to use. Definitely saves energy over the systems that just turn on and off I think. Also makes life a bit easier for the batteries.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

I now generally run the A2A heatpumps which modulate nicely but I was at my folks on that day so I left SWMBO home alone and she is not yet up to speed with the new A2A heatpumps so I turned them off and set the GSHP instead. My GSHP does not modulate so its normally used on longer cycles in the colder times of the year.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:51 pm
SafetyThird wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:45 pm Interestingly, mine regularly shows its exporting. Right now it’s showing 67w export at nearly 10pm.

What is going on with your consumption? Something 3-ish kW is cycling on and off.
That's the GSHP. I had the heating engineers round a few days ago as the system has not been operating correctly. Turns out our brine temperature was 16C, which is too high really, probably due to our solid clay ground being baked all summer by the unseasonably hot weather. They've turned off one of the 5 ground loops and adjusted the system so that it runs slower and longer. We'll let it settle for a week or two and see how it goes. It was only installed a year ago, a Clausius 5-25kw, it's inverter based so can modulate. The downside is that, due to the layout of the house, all bar one radiator is on a single loop that runs round the entire upper floor before dropping down to do the lower floor so we have 32mm pipe runs upstairs and 22mm downstairs with 15mm up stands to the rads. The flow in the pipes is noisier than I'd have hoped for but at least the pump's not running flat out now.

I'm looking at getting the modbus card for the pump, it's about £60 apparently, and adding it to the monitoring setup I'm building in Home Assistant. I have multiple monitoring via the pv inverter, AC inverter, Eddi and Iotawatt and they all tell me different things. I've installed Home Assistant and slowly learning how to setup an energy dashboard to compare the various systems to figure out what the real number are.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW