Life sucks

Andy

Life sucks

Post by Andy »

6 months I’ve waited and the batteries inverters etc turn up this morning. Only the lorry got brake checked en-route and the whole pallet load fell over. Some of the polystyrene was crushed all the way to the batteries. Return to sender :evil: :(
Moxi

Re: Life sucks

Post by Moxi »

Very sorry to hear your news Andy, hopefully the seller will put you to the top of the list for the next available batteries

Moxi
SafetyThird

Post by SafetyThird »

sorry to hear that, must have been a heck of a sharp stop for a pallet of batteries to go over. Hope they have some more available soon. Who did you order from? I'm seeing a few places saying stock is due this month for pylontech so hopefully there's a couple of container loads inbound.
6kw PV (24 x REC Solar AS REC 250PE)
Clausius 5-25kw GSHP
Luxpower Squirrel Pod
Pylontech 21kwh
Eddi Diverter
250l hot water tank with 2 immersions
2 x Woodwarm stoves
7 acres of old coppice woodland
Ripple Kirk Hill 3.8kw
Ripple Derril Water 3.963 kW
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

I'm seeing stocks of batteries suddenly being available or wait times of a few weeks. I guess companies were putting in big orders a few months ago and they're landing now.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
ducabi

Post by ducabi »

Andy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:32 pm 6 months I’ve waited and the batteries inverters etc turn up this morning. Only the lorry got brake checked en-route and the whole pallet load fell over. Some of the polystyrene was crushed all the way to the batteries. Return to sender :evil: :(
Where did you order them from? ITS?
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Andy, i hope you rang them & ensured you bagged immediate replacements? ... "all spoken for" would be met by my answer of "not my problem, ..so what can you do for me" !?

Dont afford them the opportunity to sell your kit to someone else.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Andy

Post by Andy »

Yeh, not great. I got them from CCL Components in Glasgow. They've been great getting all the Victron stuff and the pylon tech us5000. I'm waiting to hear back from my installer what the way forward is. CCL mentioned they would test the equipment but I don't want anything that has fallen so badly. The Quattro 10000 is 51kg so that falling from height won't have been good for the circuit boards.

I'm also wondering what happens if I have to wait until next Christmas for the next batch of equipment. Does anyone know if I have a legitimate claim for the loss of £1000 which I won't get from time shifting and the solar generation?
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

its not really a tangible asset that anyone would pay out on, essentially being the "pork futures warehouse" as Terry Pratchett wrote of Discworld,

https://wiki.lspace.org/Pork_Futures_Warehouse
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more