Octopus Go, Go Faster and IO temporarily suspended for new signups and renewals

Stinsy

Re: Octopus Go, Go Faster and IO temporarily suspended for new signups and renewals

Post by Stinsy »

Seem to be.

Here is what Octopus have quoted me for Go:

12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
nowty

Re: Octopus Go, Go Faster and IO temporarily suspended for new signups and renewals

Post by nowty »

That will do, the Go cheap slot price has historically been slightly above the price of gas, so looks like there is no major change of policy with these tariffs.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

To put those numbers into the context of us, as an E7 consumer, the Go cheap rate comes out at about 25p/kWh, when translated across to the 7 hours we get with E7 (and we need at least 6 of those 7 hours at the cheap rate - I can't physically cram enough usage into just 4 hours). Right now I'm paying 16.982p/kWh for the 7 hour cheap rate period and 31.676p/kWh peak rate.

About 98.8% of our electricity usage is at the cheap rate, so we are very much better off sticking with E7 then shifting to Go and having to pay peak rate for a couple of hours extra each day.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:25 pm To put those numbers into the context of us, as an E7 consumer, the Go cheap rate comes out at about 25p/kWh, when translated across to the 7 hours we get with E7 (and we need at least 6 of those 7 hours at the cheap rate - I can't physically cram enough usage into just 4 hours). Right now I'm paying 16.982p/kWh for the 7 hour cheap rate period and 31.676p/kWh peak rate.

About 98.8% of our electricity usage is at the cheap rate, so we are very much better off sticking with E7 then shifting to Go and having to pay peak rate for a couple of hours extra each day.
You can get 6 hrs at 10p / kWh on Inteligent Octopus, subject the right EV or EV Charger.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:55 pm You can get 6 hrs at 10p / kWh on Inteligent Octopus, subject the right EV or EV Charger.
Sadly this falls into the "only for those that can have a smart meter" trap (as does Go). The discrimination against those who, through no fault of their own, cannot access cheaper electricity tariffs needs to be addressed. It's frankly discriminatory, and something that is estimated to impact between 10% and 20% of UK homes.

This discrimination is beginning to hack me off, TBH. It's like getting to the checkout in a supermarket and being told you have to pay 20% more than the till has racked up for some random reason, like having dark skin.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

Go Faster looks toast for signups or renewals, looks like its now either E7, Go or Inteligent.

I thought maybe Octopus were still to put them out but chatter on Facebook including one person who phoned them says its gone. If you think about it, a 5 hr Go Faster tariff would end up so close to E7 rates with 2 less hours so probably not much point having the tariff anymore.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Looks like IO will be the way forward for me then if they accept easee one as a charger. How much does the main window change Nowty. Is there a reliable central slot of x amount of hours with the rest scattered?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:03 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:55 pm You can get 6 hrs at 10p / kWh on Inteligent Octopus, subject the right EV or EV Charger.
Sadly this falls into the "only for those that can have a smart meter" trap (as does Go). The discrimination against those who, through no fault of their own, cannot access cheaper electricity tariffs needs to be addressed. It's frankly discriminatory, and something that is estimated to impact between 10% and 20% of UK homes.

This discrimination is beginning to hack me off, TBH. It's like getting to the checkout in a supermarket and being told you have to pay 20% more than the till has racked up for some random reason, like having dark skin.
OGB, is there a different way to approach this ?

Currently you are pursuing Octopus to become a customer, can you not change the dynamic so that Octopus want you as a customer ?

With your house/home design and lifestyle, surely you’d be a poster boy for Octopus supporting eco/green living, especially if they overcome the smart meter issue.

Contacting Greg Jackson directly (sure someone on here has his email if it’s not freely available) outlining your position/background may provide a better way in.

Might be easier than wading through the treacle of customer services ?
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

I forgot to add that I'm still awaiting a reply 2 weeks later to my email, not even an automated reply.