Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

The 102% is still there as a historic record, had to screenshot it for posterity. :mrgreen:

3.06 kWh for my share of 3kWp of the turbine.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

yes, at 1400 I got 1.10 kWhr from my 1.078 kW share...
nice to see that it can go full belt!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

nowty wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:47 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:30 am https://worldcam.eu/webcams/europe/unit ... rry-resort
visibility 10 kilometres ...a good chance to see some new turbines going up soon then eh Donald!? (if clear line of sight)
Looking eastward out of an upstairs window, he will see em all right. :mrgreen:
But probably not from the golf course. :evil:
Actually, there is no doubt he will see them from the golfcourse as the ones further back can already be seen from the golf course.
And that hill at the back is Kirk Hill. :twisted:

At least he can boast green leccy. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Anything that winds Trump up a bit gets my vote.

My wife and I met him, years ago, before I knew who he was or that he was one day going to be POTUS. We were walking the coastal path alongside the Menie course he was busy building/extending. A couple of security guards came up to us and told us to turn around and walk back to where we had come from. I asked them what authority they had to stop me from walking along the path alongside the dunes, when the f***wit Trump appeared, to reinforce the message to "get off his land". Overwhelming impression I had of the man was that he had very few brain cells, and those he did have struggled to just keep him alive. I'm not convinced that he had enough intellectual capacity to walk and talk at the same time.

My wife wanted to turn around and head back, I didn't, as I don't have a high tolerance level for bullies. A local chap who was walking his dog came along and told Trump and his bully boys to go forth and procreate, and it was clearly something he'd done a few times. Trump and his bully boys did then back down, and over the space of the following ten minutes we were treated to a tale of some of the intimidating tactics Trump had been using against the locals in the area.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:53 pm The 102% is still there as a historic record, had to screenshot it for posterity. :mrgreen:

3.06 kWh for my share of 3kWp of the turbine.

For my 2.609kWp ownership of WT1 I generated 2.67kWh between 14.00-15.00hrs on 15th Oct 2022. I wonder what that figure would truly be once the final figure shuffle is done the day after tomorrow?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:01 pm For my 2.609kWp ownership of WT1 I generated 2.67kWh between 14.00-15.00hrs on 15th Oct 2022. I wonder what that figure would truly be once the final figure shuffle is done the day after tomorrow?
I suspect a slight data bleed, between the hours, with some of the over 100% really being in either the preceding or the proceeding hour. ;)

Still not a bad day.

A few pages ago :roll: I said the capacity factor for Oct should be on average about 32%.

Up to midnight on the 8th (quarter way point) it was 49.5%. :twisted:

If we stay at a high level for the rest of today (halfway point) the average capacity factor up to midnight tonight will be 34% so bang on the money. :P

Future week forecast looks similar too, a bit up and down but generally good. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Predicted to go up to over 29mph at Turnberry by Monday afternoon. Bodes well for next Winter. Glad I bought in heavy there. Nonetheless, happy with the 46kWh at WT1 yesterday, puts me at 108.2% of previous month.

None too impressed with the idea of limiting the price per kWh for RE. In fact, that's a bag of shite, what is wrong with these people? :x
Have contacted my MP to request a co-op wind farm exemption using my new eye. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:47 am None too impressed with the idea of limiting the price per kWh for RE. In fact, that's a bag of shite, what is wrong with these people? :x
Have contacted my MP to request a co-op wind farm exemption using my new eye. :twisted:
The industry prefers a tax on profits rather than an income cap. If your taxed on excess profits, you still make a profit and if you have a major breakdown, maintenance issues, large borrowings, you don't make a profit so not taxed. But if its a revenue cap, you might make a loss, a significant loss or even go bankrupt.

Think about Kirk Hill, roughly one third is using borrowed money against a long term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). If the income from the PPA project is not going to be as profitable, then that borrowed money will attract a higher risk premium interest rate. Maybe no one will lend at all against an asset that is potentially artificially financially crippled. Risk P from the share offer then applies and shareholders are asked for additional capital to reduce or eradicate the borrowing. A leveraged investment works both ways.

There are always unintended consequences from political interference.

For, info RISK P for Kirk Hill
P. Electricity prices: The savings that
may be achieved from ownership of the
wind farm are highly dependent on the
wholesale electricity price. Higher wholesale
electricity prices mean higher savings, lower
wholesale electricity prices mean lower savings.
Projected wholesale power prices are
compared with the wind farm operating
costs in Appendix 4. In the unlikely event the
wholesale value of the power generated is less
than the operating cost of the wind farm, then
appropriate action will need to be taken by
the Board. Such action may include seeking
to reduce the operating costs or seeking
additional investment from the members in
order to meet the necessary shortfall. Additional
investment would not be mandatory, but those
who do not participate may see an adjustment
in the percentage of shares they own in the
co-op.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:55 pm
Joeboy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:47 am None too impressed with the idea of limiting the price per kWh for RE. In fact, that's a bag of shite, what is wrong with these people? :x
The industry prefers a tax on profits rather than an income cap. If your taxed on excess profits, you still make a profit and if you have a major breakdown, maintenance issues, large borrowings, you don't make a profit so not taxed. But if its a revenue cap, you might make a loss, a significant loss or even go bankrupt.

Think about Kirk Hill, roughly one third is using borrowed money against a long term Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). If the income from the PPA project is not going to be as profitable, then that borrowed money will attract a higher risk premium interest rate. Maybe no one will lend at all against an asset that is potentially artificially financially crippled. Risk P from the share offer then applies and shareholders are asked for additional capital to reduce or eradicate the borrowing. A leveraged investment works both ways.

There are always unintended consequences from political interference.

For, info RISK P for Kirk Hill
P. Electricity prices: The savings that
may be achieved from ownership of the
wind farm are highly dependent on the
wholesale electricity price. Higher wholesale
electricity prices mean higher savings, lower
wholesale electricity prices mean lower savings.
Projected wholesale power prices are
compared with the wind farm operating
costs in Appendix 4. In the unlikely event the
wholesale value of the power generated is less
than the operating cost of the wind farm, then
appropriate action will need to be taken by
the Board. Such action may include seeking
to reduce the operating costs or seeking
additional investment from the members in
order to meet the necessary shortfall. Additional
investment would not be mandatory, but those
who do not participate may see an adjustment
in the percentage of shares they own in the
co-op.
Good info, we'll see how it plays out. One day I'll find the the time to delve into FF carbon taxes v's the cleaner industrial (non co-op) WT, hydro & PV to see if the cleaner RE has any favourable tax treatment reflecting the planet helpful generation of RE.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:06 pm Good info, we'll see how it plays out. One day I'll find the the time to delve into FF carbon taxes v's the cleaner industrial (non co-op) WT, hydro & PV to see if the cleaner RE has any favourable tax treatment reflecting the planet helpful generation of RE.
I am not too worried, as long as the cap is similar to what's happening in Europe where the cap is 18 Euro cents, so would be here about 17p / kWh. Should be more than enough for Kirk Hill not to be affected, at least in the near term.

But it destroys Ripples business model overnight. Their manta is, your bills go up, your savings go up, so lock in today and never have rising bills again. But now its your bills go up, your savings go up until they hit the cap. And if your bills keep going up your savings stay the same.

I'll be surprised if project 3 even starts this year unless there is some reasonable outcome to this legislation.

Watch their explanation of savings in their short promotional video and imagine there is now a wholesale energy cap, and ask yourself does it still make sense.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3