Oh dear, what have I done

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: Oh dear, what have I done

Post by Mr Gus »

How / Why white seats? (additional expenditure)

The frunk has room for a de-fib kit just about I guess.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mart

Post by Mart »

I'm really quite excited for you Nowty. It really is a dream come true owning one of these ....... even if they are getting quite common (1m sold).
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:15 pm How / Why white seats? (additional expenditure)

The frunk has room for a de-fib kit just about I guess.
I know, and also why black paint ?, more additional expense and difficult to see at night for an NHS vehicle ! But maybe they got it free or reduced cost as a try out ?

It was just one of life's weird coincidences, where I drove to a WeBuyAnyCar.com site to rid myself of the dirty diesel in anticipation of my Tesla long range model 3 having never seen one close up before, and there's a guy showing off an NHS Tesla long range model 3 right in front of me. :shock:

This is the second time I have used WeBuyAnyCar.com and both times, got quite a bit more than the trade in price with absolutely no pressure. This time was even more efficient as everything was done outside in a car park via a wireless tablet.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Cannot back out now, I think I've worked out that this is costing me more than every car I have ever owned added together. :shock:

I realised that I had not checked how much it costs to service, then today found out that there is no servicing. :lol:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ooh, got a date and time? Exciting! Many photos when time allows....

If u know the vessel name you can track er on marine traffic? I did that with an import from Japan.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mart

Post by Mart »

I know this is weird (almost creepy), but everytime I look at our LR MSM TM3, I think of you, and get quite excited that you'll be enjoying one soon.

Also we are no longer 'the only Tesla in the village', as neighbours about 8 houses down the hill got one on the 1st Sept ...... almost common now!

I assume yours has arrived on the recent ship(s), so best of luck and have a great first drive, but brace yourself for the acceleration, it will push your eyeballs back, I kid you not.

Edit - Might be worth you joining some Tesla groups, if you are so minded, loads of tips, advice and help. This coming weekend I'm taking Frg on a cruise around the Brecon Beacons with ~15 other Teslas from a Tesla owners group.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I'm not a big car fan, so it is all a bit puzzling to me (likely my upbringing) ..but glad you can get bum wriggling joy yourself from the anticipation.

Our concern was likely clouded by the will it / won't it uncertainty of heated steering wheel & Octopump, so much so that we delayed twice, the chrome changed to black (no biggie really, except for conditioning by every tesla you saw prior to 2021)
(I don't think the heated steering wheel is really needed, not with pre-heating, I only wish there was easy access for the passenger seating & profiles like the driver side, something that is technically easily done, I won't be surprised to see it happen sometime.

Ultimately I wanted, nay needed, the Octopump (my biscuit icing) for poor man tesla efficiency, so all good!

Have you got a name thought out to input yet Nowty?
(ours is "parker" a nod to driving assist & the thunderbirds chauffeur)

What's the list of accessories you have now waiting? (I just grabbed the Merc B class boot mat & that fits pretty well)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I was in Dundee today and had a look at a model 3 in dark grey. SWMBO liked it. Got a wee bit of a baby Aston look to it? The owner who I had spoken to earlier gave it a 9.5 out of 10 and was very happy with it.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

So to answer a couple of the previous posts,

Still got a couple of weeks to wait so I am guessing the ship might be transiting somewhere around the Suez Canal about now. I have the VIN number and its definitely coming form Shanghai, China.

I joined https://teslamotorsclub.com as nowty, but not posted anything yet. Quite glad I looked at it because there was a thread about picking your car up from Southampton Docks and the Cruise Ferry Terminal listed on my invite is the complete opposite direction to where I need to go, once I enter the docks to find the Tesla hut. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir//50.9 ... m2!4m1!3e0

Apart from the personal number plate, I bought a set of dustcaps on ebay, they match the colour and were only about £5.

I have installed a second car charger, bought on ebay second hand, but its as new and never been installed and has the UK compliant protective earth monitoring without the need for an earth rod. I had the previous sense to install a 10mm cable most of the way under the floor to a Henley block so I could tee off 2 x 6mm cables to each side of the house for twin car chargers. Because I knew sooner or later the second ICE car would be replaced with an EV.

I’m thinking of calling the car "Zen" after the space flight computer of Blakes Seven’s Liberator.
“Zen, plot a course on autopilot to my parents, maximum speed !”……………… “Confirmed”.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Great to see other charging points (remember the “charger” is in the car) with PEN fault detection built in. I thought the only one with this feature was the Zappi.

Nowadays an external PEN fault detector is preferable to an Earth rod. Either way complicated and expensive enough that IMO you should only consider charging points with built in PEN fault detection. Interestingly (I believe) we are the only country that worries about this!

What are you doing to protect your main fuse? I know the Zappi can take care of this too, does the Wallbox have that feature?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)