Energy Tariffs

Oldgreybeard

Re: Energy Tariffs

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Looks like the government are rowing back on the support with energy bills: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63285246

Most significant is that the two year energy price guarantee has been cut to 6 months. If they do as they are suggesting, and target help at those most in need then that makes a lot more sense than the blanket provisions they have put in place so far.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
nowty

Post by nowty »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:18 pm Looks like the government are rowing back on the support with energy bills: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63285246

Most significant is that the two year energy price guarantee has been cut to 6 months. If they do as they are suggesting, and target help at those most in need then that makes a lot more sense than the blanket provisions they have put in place so far.
Ouch,

As Octopus Go and IO are now variable tariffs along with E7, expect the cheap slot to go up come April and with the shenanigans with the renewables revenue cap, no guarantee the Ripple rebates will rise to match. :evil:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:44 pm
Oldgreybeard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:18 pm Looks like the government are rowing back on the support with energy bills: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63285246

Ouch,

As Octopus Go and IO are now variable tariffs along with E7, expect the cheap slot to go up come April and with the shenanigans with the renewables revenue cap, no guarantee the Ripple rebates will cut it anymore. :evil:
It certainly brings into focus the increasing value of all those harvested kWh's we generate at our homes across the full year. Not to mention various FIT's and Ripple too. Regardless of how market forces and politics drive the price of energy I genuinely think myself very fortunate indeed and will continue to invest in RE projects for the remainder of my life. :ugeek:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:23 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:44 pm

Ouch,

As Octopus Go and IO are now variable tariffs along with E7, expect the cheap slot to go up come April and with the shenanigans with the renewables revenue cap, no guarantee the Ripple rebates will cut it anymore. :evil:
It certainly brings into focus the increasing value of all those harvested kWh's we generate at our homes across the full year. Not to mention various FIT's and Ripple too. Regardless of how market forces and politics drive the price of energy I genuinely think myself very fortunate indeed and will continue to invest in RE projects for the remainder of my life. :ugeek:
I sometimes forget that many of us on here are in fact very fortunate from the fruits of both our labour and the decisions that we have made. And how many naysayers have we had to put up with in the past ?, its not worth it, paybacks no good, I don't want them on my roof, batteries will be fecked in a couple of years, EVs don't go more than 50 miles, Ripple's not worth it, etc, etc. 8-)
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm I sometimes forget that many of us on here are in fact very fortunate from the fruits of both our labour and the decisions that we have made. And how many naysayers have we had to put up with in the past ?, its not worth it, paybacks no good, I don't want them on my roof, batteries will be fecked in a couple of years, EVs don't go more than 50 miles, Ripple's not worth it, etc, etc. 8-)
Me too, but then I only need to think back to all the critical comments I got from so many when planning and building this house to remember just how narrow minded some were back then, especially some of the so-called professionals that seemed to be extremely reluctant to consider anything new or different.

We are all lucky here, very lucky in the case of those of us that started on this journey to reduce energy use and become less reliant on fossil fuels many years ago.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:43 pm
nowty wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:38 pm I sometimes forget that many of us on here are in fact very fortunate from the fruits of both our labour and the decisions that we have made. And how many naysayers have we had to put up with in the past ?, its not worth it, paybacks no good, I don't want them on my roof, batteries will be fecked in a couple of years, EVs don't go more than 50 miles, Ripple's not worth it, etc, etc. 8-)
Me too, but then I only need to think back to all the critical comments I got from so many when planning and building this house to remember just how narrow minded some were back then, especially some of the so-called professionals that seemed to be extremely reluctant to consider anything new or different.

We are all lucky here, very lucky in the case of those of us that started on this journey to reduce energy use and become less reliant on fossil fuels many years ago.
I don't do luck mate, I do fortune which can be influenced, a critical difference between me and the scratchcard crew. Point taken though! :D
Another way to view it is that these tossers are bought and paid for and on a 4 year timeline at best. We are in it for the long run and the planet.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

I’ve worked bleepy hard to be lucky enough to have what we’ve got :lol:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:28 pm I’ve worked bleepy hard to be lucky enough to have what we’ve got :lol:
A London.old bird I know Says it like this 'the harder I worked, the luckier I got, funny that'. Her levels of cynicism are excellent!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:13 pm
Bugtownboy wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:28 pm I’ve worked bleepy hard to be lucky enough to have what we’ve got :lol:
A London.old bird I know Says it like this 'the harder I worked, the luckier I got, funny that'. Her levels of cynicism are excellent!
Very true, thinking about it. It's easy (at least for me) to forget just what I went through years ago, mostly in trying to persuade professionals that what I wanted to do was both feasible and not that difficult to do. It was a lot of hard work, enough to almost drive me do lally at times, but now that seems to be all in the past and pretty much forgotten, all we see every day is the resulting low energy usage and carbon footprint.

I remember that one of the biggest issues I had was persuading building control that an airtight house, with heat recovery ventilation, both wasn't going to suffocate us or cause high levels of condensation. For a long time they tried to insist that I fit trickle ventilators to our (fairly expensive) triple glazed, airtight, passivhaus certified, windows . . .
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

70% soc! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5