Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Well that was 7 hours straight horsing the power out up around max output and only faded in the 8th hour due to dropping Wind. That's pretty 👍.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

djh wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:24 pm
nowty wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:45 pm I received the link for the Kirk Hill AGM including the accounts at around 1pm today so I expect the Graig Fatha ones to come at a similar time tomorrow.
Thanks for the reply. I finally had a response from Ripple support earlier today that said: "I have spoken to the relevant team today and they are looking to send out the link and all relevant information early this afternoon. I am sorry for the delay it has taken to get this to you."

But I haven't seen anything yet, and it's gone early afternoon, so I'm a bit concerned again. Their communication seems to be very poor!
@djh, have you got the email from "Google Forms" telling you your attending status of the AGM after you registered for the event ?
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:30 pm Well that was 7 hours straight horsing the power out up around max output and only faded in the 8th hour due to dropping Wind. That's pretty 👍.
yes, a good day...

2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:56 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:30 pm Well that was 7 hours straight horsing the power out up around max output and only faded in the 8th hour due to dropping Wind. That's pretty 👍.
yes, a good day...

An astonishing disparity in our favour between prediction and actual. Has been present all day, good to see! :ugeek:

Great to see this inversion from pre blade pitch sensor changeout.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
djh

Post by djh »

nowty wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:43 pm @djh, have you got the email from "Google Forms" telling you your attending status of the AGM after you registered for the event ?
No - I got a link to the registration form, but it required me to sign in using a google account to use it. I don't have and don't want a google account! So I couldn't register, which is why I contacted support. I just received some accounts and a zoom link from support. But the accounts are for Kirk Hill and the webinar has expired, so I suspect they're the wrong ones.

In my negative moments I'm expecting I won't get the correct ones and am starting to wonder which regulator to complain to. The FCA I expect.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Kirk Hill AGM highlights,

Currently to time and budget. Usual risks regarding weather, supply chain, etc.

Financing from Virgin Money, 7 years is max term of fixed rates, have not yet agreed a rate, they may hedge part of the loan rate.

The Coop and Brentwood have equal voting rights in the SPV even though Coop owns more equity. It was explained this is so neither party can exercise more influence but it was acknowledged this could still lead to a deadlock position.

General Ripple Stuff,

Project 3 will be announced in the next month or two. Share offer would be roughly one month after that. I think 9000 people registered.

To offer more than the 120% rule, they might have to use another non Coop model. Not happening soon.

They acknowledge there has been some mixed messaging on the 120%, is it consumption or import. They still did not clarify it but their FAQs would be updated to reflect the answer including what evidence is required.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:43 pm Kirk Hill AGM highlights,

Currently to time and budget. Usual risks regarding weather, supply chain, etc.

Financing from Virgin Money, 7 years is max term of fixed rates, have not yet agreed a rate, they may hedge part of the loan rate.

The Coop and Brentwood have equal voting rights in the SPV even though Coop owns more equity. It was explained this is so neither party can exercise more influence but it was acknowledged this could still lead to a deadlock position.

General Ripple Stuff,

Project 3 will be announced in the next month or two. Share offer would be roughly one month after that. I think 9000 people registered.

To offer more than the 120% rule, they might have to use another non Coop model. Not happening soon.

They acknowledge there has been some mixed messaging on the 120%, is it consumption or import. They still did not clarify it but their FAQs would be updated to reflect the answer including what evidence is required.
Cheers Nowty, the message I take from that is hell for leather on the 120% and maximise that 120% figure within the early reg'd window.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sorry to keep labouring this point but again WT1 actual is outstripping prediction model. I hope Ripple post something on the pitch sensor pre-identification-post. I'd love to know the detail on that.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:35 am Sorry to keep labouring this point but again WT1 actual is outstripping prediction model.
2 days running, admittedly, but only on 5 out of the last 16 days.
I hope Ripple post something on the pitch sensor pre-identification-post. I'd love to know the detail on that.
I'm wondering about the value of the forecasts given their accuracy.
A
Last edited by AE-NMidlands on Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:50 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:35 am or lack of it
Sorry to keep labouring this point but again WT1 actual is outstripping prediction model.
2 days running, admittedly, but only on 5 out of the last 16 days.
I hope Ripple post something on the pitch sensor pre-identification-post. I'd love to know the detail on that.
I'm wondering about the value of the forecasts given their accuracy.
A
Cheers AE, will keep an eye out going forward. Maybe they have trimmed back on the prediction values to improve the look. Could be a combination of that and actual improvement from the sensor change out and the rising season? Or of course I could just be suffering from a surfeit of fatal optimism!

Edit-well that's my theory blown on the last hour, back to normal! :lol: :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs