UK Wind Record

Wind turbines
dan_b

Re: UK Wind Record

Post by dan_b »

I've read that the current mild weather, plus a push to get LNG shipments lined up to replace the Nordstream supplies has meant that most EU countries' gas storage facilities are now basically full.
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

dan_b wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:24 pm I've read that the current mild weather, plus a push to get LNG shipments lined up to replace the Nordstream supplies has meant that most EU countries' gas storage facilities are now basically full.
Read the same 95% and above stored cap reached. I wonder how much of the Rough facility will come online over Winter. 🤔 Anything to squeeze Putin. Eventually he's getting one in the nut from within.
4p per kWh today for gas at Casa De, outwith my self-imposed tarrif so going to Electricity. The coming week though 1st to 7th Nov? Holy hogsmoke, its a doozy and I reckon will crash the gas prices right back down again?
https://xcweather.co.uk/forecast/cardiff_airport
Last edited by Joeboy on Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Rough has been re-opened to about 20% of its original storage capacity - 30bn cubic feet of gas — equivalent to about nine tankers of liquefied natural gas. Not sure how long that will last if we get a cold snap and people turn on their central heating in anger.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

dan_b wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:05 pm Rough has been re-opened to about 20% of its original storage capacity - 30bn cubic feet of gas — equivalent to about nine tankers of liquefied natural gas. Not sure how long that will last if we get a cold snap and people turn on their central heating in anger.
Could easy pull in some jack ups and run some workovers. Just need the cojones to make it happen.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

dan_b wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:24 pm I've read that the current mild weather, plus a push to get LNG shipments lined up to replace the Nordstream supplies has meant that most EU countries' gas storage facilities are now basically full.
We shouldn't forget that the storage capacity was designed to be released to top up the normal flows from Russia...
Without that "baseload" supply, I wonder how the flow of ships and regasification capacity will cope?

I have been wondering how quickly regasification plants could be built on barges and towed to suitable ports to act as grid feeders all around the coast of Europe?
When you see how much astonishingly good engineering was done so quickly during WW2 it makes you wonder why everywhere now seems to be just sitting on their hands. Lots of top people in the know have called for national economies to be put on a war footing to address what is coming down the road... I don't see any sign of it happening though.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

Tomorrow's wind forecast is in and it's 1.3 GW higher than last week when the record was broken.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Nice! We're at 17.3GW on Grid Energy Numbers this morning already
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

well I got that wrong didn't I - we're importing from everybody on the mainland, even France, this lunchtime!

dan_b wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:47 am I think all our European linked interconnectors will still export, as those countries will then re-export back to France, which is lagging behind on its nuclear restart (strike action mainly!).

nowty

Post by nowty »

dan_b wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:12 pm well I got that wrong didn't I - we're importing from everybody on the mainland, even France, this lunchtime!
I noticed that, its going to make the record harder tomorrow because they can't let the gas stations go below a min level to provide grid stability.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

We are also burning coal at present (14:45) but gas is very low. Why are we burning coal for the first time in 5 days when there is plenty of Wind and low gas?