Solis Inverters - Remote Control Access and API Access now available

marshman

Solis Inverters - Remote Control Access and API Access now available

Post by marshman »

Solis have introduced a Remote Control Access option from their Solis Cloud App and also published and allowed API access to the inverter. You have to request both of these via a "Ticket" in their service centre - I think you have to submit two separate requests. You have to select either Renote Control Access or API Acess from the "Ticket Type" drop down box:

https://solis-service.solisinverters.com/support/home

There is a document to go with API access which is available here:

https://solis-service.solisinverters.co ... 4001214293

Hope that helps those that have a Solis inverter and are trying to integrate it into HA or similar, though I am not sure 100% sure the API allows "write" access.
Caesium

Re: Solis Inverters - Remote Control Access and API Access now available

Post by Caesium »

Interesting, always nice to see these manufacturers getting more open. Do you know if there's any local-only API access, ie can you completely isolate the inverter from the Internet and still talk to it, or does everything go through their cloud?

I ask as its not always obvious; my A2A units have a little plug-in dongle that essentially puts them on the network; of course there's the usual phone app which uses cloud servers to talk to them, but interestingly they also had a local web interface that I thought looked completely offline. However when I tried using this web interface with no Internet, it didn't work. Requests just time out.

Very bizarrely, the local web interface appears to send commands up to the cloud servers that then send it back down to be processed by the unit itself. All very odd.
Umski

Re: Solis Inverters - Remote Control Access and API Access now available

Post by Umski »

All useful stuff - thanks