Installation of a 23kWh home battery (retrospective)

Stan

Installation of a 23kWh home battery (retrospective)

Post by Stan »

nowty

Re: Installation of a 23kWh home battery (retrospective)

Post by nowty »

Massive ? :lol:
13 out of the 101 persons on the secret list have larger battery sizes that that. 8-)
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 120#p22664
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:55 pm Massive ? :lol:
13 out of the 101 persons on the secret list have larger battery sizes that that. 8-)
I didn't want to say..... :oops:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Yeah!

“medium sized”!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

That bloke from Artisan REALLY hacks me off, the bloke's a chancer, who's been trying hard to gain views on YouTube as a business for the past year or so, and is using more stupid clickbait facial expressions and video titles every week.

He also has some complete blithering idiots working for him, who are so clueless I'm surprised they ever got through their apprenticeships. When asked what size cable to use for a TT earth electrode one of his blithering idiots said it had to be 16 sq mm, despite the fact that at the very most that cable only needs to carry about 100mA (the true answer is that 2.5 sq mm is fine, just needs to be mechanically protected).

One of them damned near caused a major structural failure in a timber frame house, by chopping out about 30% of a structural support pillar, having already cut away (and not replaced) the essential vapour tight membrane (so that pillar will most probably rot out in a few years anyway). I got sent links to a couple of their videos by a friend, who sent me them as a laugh and an example of just how dangerous some trades people are.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
MrPablo

Post by MrPablo »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has found this fellow incredibly irritating to watch. The thumbnail expressions alone forced me to set YouTube to no longer recommend his videos.
10x 405W JA Solar panels (4.05kWp) @ 5 degrees
3x 405W Longi panels (1.22kWp) @ 90 degrees
16.5kWh DIY LifePo4 battery
Solis inverter/charger
0.6kW Ripple WT
64kWh Kia E-Niro
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 pm That bloke from Artisan REALLY hacks me off, the bloke's a chancer, who's been trying hard to gain views on YouTube as a business for the past year or so, and is using more stupid clickbait facial expressions and video titles every week.

He also has some complete blithering idiots working for him, who are so clueless I'm surprised they ever got through their apprenticeships. When asked what size cable to use for a TT earth electrode one of his blithering idiots said it had to be 16 sq mm, despite the fact that at the very most that cable only needs to carry about 100mA (the true answer is that 2.5 sq mm is fine, just needs to be mechanically protected).

One of them damned near caused a major structural failure in a timber frame house, by chopping out about 30% of a structural support pillar, having already cut away (and not replaced) the essential vapour tight membrane (so that pillar will most probably rot out in a few years anyway). I got sent links to a couple of their videos by a friend, who sent me them as a laugh and an example of just how dangerous some trades people are.
To be fair, on many occasions even when a smaller cable will suffice for electrical reasons, a much bigger size is used to ensure physical robustness of the installation. This is very true in the Petrochemical industry with external cabling. A 2.5mm cable really isn’t that strong in the scheme of things.

A couple of years ago I contacted him regarding an EV charger install I needed - he didn’t even reply to my email 🤐
Lincs Robert

Post by Lincs Robert »

I’m # 14 as have just PM’d you my details 👍
nowty

Post by nowty »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:57 pm
I’m # 14 as have just PM’d you my details 👍
You were already one of the 13. :lol:

Even if you don't have it in your sig, loose lips sinks ships as they say. ;)

The list is so secret most don't even know they are on it. :twisted:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Lincs Robert wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:56 pm
Oldgreybeard wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 pm That bloke from Artisan REALLY hacks me off, the bloke's a chancer, who's been trying hard to gain views on YouTube as a business for the past year or so, and is using more stupid clickbait facial expressions and video titles every week.

To be fair, on many occasions even when a smaller cable will suffice for electrical reasons, a much bigger size is used to ensure physical robustness of the installation. This is very true in the Petrochemical industry with external cabling. A 2.5mm cable really isn’t that strong in the scheme of things.

A couple of years ago I contacted him regarding an EV charger install I needed - he didn’t even reply to my email 🤐
The regs mandate that the cable be mechanically protected for most electrode locations though, IIRC, so if the cable has to be in conduit anyway then I would guess that it doesn't really need any additional mechanical robustness by being oversized for the job. Certainly both of our earth electrode cables are in conduit. The one for the house is in a buried plastic conduit, the one for the garage is a short length of galvanised flexicon (the garage is around 30m away from the house).
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter