Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Oldgreybeard

Re: Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Mart wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 am But lots of improvements since we got them, my favourite being the update to the charging so that you can choose the Amps, 5-10A on the granny charger and 5-32A on the main charger. This means we can better match it to PV generation.
I have this feature on our charger, as you rightly say, being able to adjust the charging current on the fly is a fantastic advantage when charging from excess PV generation. The knob on the side of our charger allows the current to be easily adjusted up or down, so the car can use as much as possible of the PV generation as it changes through the day. Without it I don't think it would be feasible to charge from PV at all, TBH.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

nowty wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:28 am I've had one service which was a surprise free inspection whilst charging at a Supercharger and given a free cup, pen and lanyard. :D

Car was only 2 weeks old so was quite funny watching them measure the trye tread depths. :lol:

Likelihood of being londoncentric maybe Nowty, ..I never mentioned this to the wife who was typically using superchargers 3x per day in her first year of ownership & racking up the miles at popular chargers around the metropolis, or it would have been a regular mention / moan of "Didn't get a mug today, wanna mug" 😑

We did chance upon a tesla person (from Cambridge) when at Wyboston lakes superchargers, but only because it was a bend over backwards demo, whereby he took the car to someone's house / work for a test drive, . this whilst **camera work** was being done early on, (mask wearing days) & our loaner S (bleh, ..too big & crass for us, from the inside) a model that they didn't tell us could not supercharge due to different charger inputs.

A long wait to slow charge elsewhere ensued.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Tesla service was due today at Milton Keynes, ..but was cancelled whilat we were on the phone "again" because apparently they were already over the air diagnosing & coming up with nothing once more..

Wife does not trust the "didn't record didnt happen" so why bother anomaly & give zero "jefs" to resolve it.

Our logic has been dtrange problem!? ...it may / could / will impact others who incur fiscal loss & potential injury from "a car that is a super computer" (tesla phone staff over polishing the brands "knob" ..easier to take a car before its a car wreck having sustained damage that may limit access to finding a problem after its "super computer" has maybe compressed itself in a wreck of its own making / system failure exposed, shattered componentry.

The hotel chain wife stayed at (past tense) never again manager, ..the final word in incomp etence led hotel management who i have pleaded "check the ICO website for what I am telling you with your own eyes in order to cease fouling yourself, learn & assist.

For instance..

Legal term "a not unreasonable request" (applied to data request in this instance) is for footage of hit & run, time & date stamped, with "key identfiers" na mely hit & run number plate "redacted" (blurred) ..likewise "hit + run drivers face "redacted" (blurred) ..in order to get things going..

& if anyone reading this would care to verify, comment, question the ICO page (lest they have to deal with mis-informed numpties) ..as a driver of any vehicle this flat denial scenario could easily be any of you ..nowt to do with bevs 😘

https://www.lawinsider.com/dictionary/r ... le-request (for instance"

Apply your reasonable request for S.A.R. info to this..

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/yo ... s-request/

& scalped from that ICO page...
"An organisation may also refuse to give you your information if it also includes personal information about someone else, except where:

the other individual has agreed to the disclosure; or
it is reasonable to give you this information without the other individual’s consent
In their decision-making, an organisation has to balance your right of access against the other individual’s rights over their own information.

This may lead the organisation to refuse your subject access request.

. Alternatively, the organisation may attempt to remove (or edit out) the other individual’s information before sending your information to you. This is commonly known as ‘redaction’ .

This could mean you only receive partial information – such as copies of documents showing blanked-out text or missing sections"

Logically then, wehave all seen "redacted" key identifiers on many a crimestoppers / cctv show, because of blurring & removal featuees / functionality of software on most computers ..ie not a speciality, not requiring a mass of finesse or intense labour to produce for those requesting.

Having the buck stop with the hotel manager (according to the money saving ex head office of the singapore owned multinational hotel chain to then address gdpr from far around the world who sets this craziness in motion?

Why do I have to call singapore? no uk head office, ..no de-facto custometr resolution, ..just a chimp defecating into his own typewriter.

Stay away from millenium hotels group (inc "copthorne" chain.

Wife likely tohave a breakdown (seriously) before Tesla agree "yeah that happened" & resolve.

The rock upon which we sit, it is bloody hard, but is all we've got.

Next stop, Singapore.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

15,000 last offer
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

The only person I know that owned a Tesla has now handed it back, after a long litany of problems with Tesla. Saw him the day before yesterday, he's now driving a very nice Kia EV6. Had a look around it and it's an impressive bit of kit. I'm no expert, but the finish and build quality looked a million times better than the Tesla he had before.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Cosmetically the M.I.C tesla have decent consistency compared to 2016 ish "U.S." factory tesla abortions ( those panel gaps were nigh on chasms 😐
The Kia we looked at (their high riding, blocky, high drag factor SUV type thingy) showroom example suffered god-awful orange peel spray problems o the panels ..obvious under dull winter light in a showroom but not apparently to the staff (this was 2020) ..appalling q.c there.

So the kia was a no, cream fabric interior ..with dogs & messy adults . teen ..god no.

Limited pool of ev choice then ogb, as stated before.

Tempted to fly out to the US, & see if their management dont suck ass as the billy smart circus reject clowns at tesla uk do.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Oldgreybeard wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:07 pm The only person I know that owned a Tesla has now handed it back, after a long litany of problems with Tesla. Saw him the day before yesterday, he's now driving a very nice Kia EV6. Had a look around it and it's an impressive bit of kit. I'm no expert, but the finish and build quality looked a million times better than the Tesla he had before.
Problem with Kia is the UK dealers. They don't know anything about the cars.
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Swwils wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:11 pm Problem with Kia is the UK dealers. They don't know anything about the cars.
I rather think that is true of a few other brands as well. It seems that dealers just aren't bothering to train staff any more. The Renault dealer we bought from knew less about the car than I did, and all I'd done is read the Renault website!
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

It happened to the stinger. Arguably a nice motor bit imagine Kia dealer experience Vs jaguar 🤣.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Maybe I was lucky with our Kia dealer? The chap that took me out on a test drive knew his detail through and through and admitted to driving the EV6 as his works vehicle when it wasnt doing test drives.

He showed me masses of stuff I hadn't expected to see and while I was driving he took me through some of the other settings for regenerative braking as I expressed interest in those - he admitted to using the auto system in general but popped it into full regenerative mode for me to try although he said I would find it too aggressive I think I surprised him as I was almost as smooth in that mode as auto. I admitted then that I had in my youth driven cranes and whilst the car used my feet for speed control rather than hands as in the crane the concepts for speeding up and slowing down where just the same and after 30plus years away from cranes it was nice to know I still had the balance of pressure control necessary.

He was a good sales guy too, even saved me some wonga by changing my accessory selections around to get me more kit for less money!

I'm hoping to hear from Kia either in December, or early next year, as to when my car will be delivered.

Moxi