Does British Gas still have an Economy 7 tariff?

Mr Gus

Re: Does British Gas still have an Economy 7 tariff?

Post by Mr Gus »

The ban on referral advertising links is off again now is it !?😵😵 ..I can't keep up
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Robfitz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 pm I’ve had solar since 2014, am looking at a 10kw battery for the house in the spring but don’t have an EV so can’t go for Intelligent Octopus but am looking at their E7 or Go tariffs.
You can get ECO7 or intelligent octopus off peak without an EV. You need an EV for GO.
I've just fitted 10.5 Kw of batteries and await a Smart Meter to change tariff.
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

Thebeeman wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:45 am
Robfitz wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:18 pm I’ve had solar since 2014, am looking at a 10kw battery for the house in the spring but don’t have an EV so can’t go for Intelligent Octopus but am looking at their E7 or Go tariffs.
You can get ECO7 or intelligent octopus off peak without an EV. You need an EV for GO.
I've just fitted 10.5 Kw of batteries and await a Smart Meter to change tariff.
You need a BEV for Intelligent Octopus!
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Post deleted
Last edited by Oldgreybeard on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

dangermouse wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:08 am I just switched to octopus, who offer an eco 7 tariff and also 'go' which has even cheaper overnight electricity but for only 4 hours instead of 7.

https://octopus.energy/tariffs/

Even though most suppliers seem to be advising people not to switch, if you are sure the new tariff will save you money then octopus at least seem happy to accept new customers. The only problem I had when switching was that EDF got my final reading wrong and now they owe me £300.

I suppose I'd be remiss if I didn't post my referral link! We both get £50 if you use this to sign up (other links are
DM, Please edit your post and remove your referral link. Thank you. No single person shall have a financial advantage over the other members via referrals on this platform.

OGB, please remove text saying it is OK to advertise, it is not. Thank you.

Gus, thanks for bringing it up.

There will be an amendment/post on the announcement board. This isn't the place to try and harvest referrals or self promote a business without permission whether in posts or sigs. This is a non commercial entity, thanks.
Last edited by Joeboy on Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Thebeeman

Post by Thebeeman »

Stinsy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:50 am You need a BEV for Intelligent Octopus!
Extract from Intelligent Octopus T&C's, clause 3.
Batteries and heat pumps qualify.

"The Intelligent Octopus tariff is for customers with low carbon technology at home, including electric vehicle home charging, heat pumps or home batteries. Any electricity used by low carbon technology as well as any other electricity used in your home during off-peak hours will be charged at the night rate."

Full Terms.
https://octopus.energy/intelligent-octo ... onditions/

Edit to add link.
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Apologies for that - I found a referral link from this board so I assumed it was OK to post mine.

I've edited my post,
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

dangermouse wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:58 am Apologies for that - I found a referral link from this board so I assumed it was OK to post mine.

I've edited my post,
No worries, the board is an ongoing development so it's not all set in stone. Thank you.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I'm ok with referrals that tie in with tech we talk here tbh, & if the person has a decent amount of posts behind them on various matters (ie not a shill) but merely switched my ripple one off (likely valid for that wt project only) not subsequent ones ..which features heavily in this place as a good idea.

Have never shared any octopus referrals as ive never listed it, ..& tesla quit referrals in 2021, .. not being on facecloth this is technically my only portal of any promotion,

My purpose wirh ripple was to allow me to buy more watts in advance via referrals paid as £25 ...way down the line which I did when i found I had some.
Cost of living, or sticking it towards another sheet of celotex for another project, or towards an additional panel is acceptable to my mind as it keeps the renewable projects ticking over imho just like flogging cheap project left overs & kit upgraded. (& my sincere thanks to those who list stuff & offer it here first as "trusted" members it makes buying a no brainer as unlike ebay we "technically" already know the seller & history of the goods often via threads)

My solution to this would simply to have a page of beneficial referral posts on a page that can e visited & utilised if needed, limiting flagrant self promotion, it could even be edited to be totally anonymous maybe?

Unlikely, but there it is.

Ive suggested a general links page for the collective sites we use here, over multiple computers, tablets & bad memory recall its only when someone pops up a link I remember for a short while, even Templar, gridwatch eludes me most months, for turnberry I rely on Joe putting up info, my brain is that jiggered I often cannot recal my own D.O.Birth for example (since 17years old) ..as for "favourites tabs, they depend on memory recall to access, it's verily a sticky wicket for many aspects of life, thus if it isnt in plain sight it may as well not exist (for me)

The current way, to avoid a slew of presumably referral bearing DM's sent by people is to ask for them if wanted, by the Op (who may not be aware of a mutually beneficial codes existence)

With Tesla re-booting its lootbox, ( im an ev fan not a tesla fanBOI) I dont want logo emblazoned caps / umbrellas etc, but free supercharging is not to be sniffed at if it benefited both parties imho.

I benefited from 4 ripple referrals on my list which meant another £100 of Watts at the purchase stage, I like to think others did the same & ploughed it back as it works continually for 25ish years, & whilst impossible to regulate, id be content with "plough-back" referrals organised & approved by mods for schemes of this nature which many (silently or publicly) are involved in, If we were to do anything at all.

Apologies to DM by the way! ..presumably the same DM we knew for years from "st elsewhere" (it's never clear these days & why I stuck with my original)
Last edited by Mr Gus on Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:20 am I'm ok with referrals that tie in with tech we talk here tbh, & if the person has a decent amount of posts behind them on various matters (ie not a shill) but merely switched my ripple one off (likely valid for that wt project only) not subsequent ones ..which features heavily in this place as a good idea.

Have never shared any octopus referrals as ive never listed it, ..& tesla quit referrals in 2021, .. not being on facecloth this is technically my only portal of any promotion,

My purpose wirh ripple was to allow me to buy more watts in advance via referrals paid as £25 ...way down the line which I did when i found I had some.
Cost of living, or sticking it towards another sheet of celotex for another project, or towards an additional panel is acceptable to my mind as it keeps the renewable projects ticking over imho just like flogging cheap project left overs & kit upgraded.

My solution to this would simply to have a page of beneficial referral posts on a page that can e visited & utilised if needed, limiting flagrant self promotion, it could even be edited to be totally anonymous maybe?

Ive suggested a general links page for the collective sites we use here, over multiple computers, tablets & bad memory recall its only when someone pops up a link I remember for a short while, even Templar, gridwatch eludes me most months.

The current way, to avoid a slew of presumably referral bearing DM's sent by people is to ask for them if wanted, by the Op (who may not be aware of a mutually beneficial codes existence)

With Tesla re-booting its lootbox, ( im an ev fan not a tesla fanBOI) I dont want logo emblazed caps / umbrellas etc, but free supercharging is not to be sniffed at if it benefited both parties imho.

I benefited from 4 ripple referrals on my list which meant another £100 of Watts at the purchase sage, I like to think others did the same & ploughed it back as it works continually for 25ish years, & whilst impossible to regulate, id be content with "plough-back" referrals organised & approved by mods for schemes of this nature which many (silently or publicly) are involved in, If we were to do anything at all.

Apologies to DM by the way! ..presumably the same DM we knew for years from "st elsewhere" ( its never clear these days & why i stuck with my original)
Its great that you took time to write this and also benefited back in the day, I had been going to pull it back then but let it pass. There have now been a few sigs/posts and encouragement which have been of a similar nature and I can see an unsavory outcome down the road. There is 'zero tolerance' on this going forward, it is nipped in the bud.

If any member wishes to self promote for financial gain, do it away from this board. I can't really be clearer than that. All the usual caveats apply, repeat offenders etc. You are all big boys. Enjoy the board for what it is, don't try and take financial benefit from it. It was not set up to serve any individual financially and i'll take a dim view going forward. This should have been made clearer earlier. We'll have an amendment or new announcement soon on this. Thank you.

P.S what people choose to do via DM/PM is entirely up to them as long as it doesn't spill over to the main board or cause damage.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs