737 MAX

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
bxman

737 MAX

Post by bxman »

I got trampled on by some of the Mods on the other forum for drawing attention to press articles in the Seattle Times and video links relating to deception by a major aircraft company in that city .

latest development

Are that

a

Criminal indictment imminent for former Boeing 737 MAX chief technical pilot

is subject of the following article by

By Dominic Gates
Seattle Times aerospace reporter

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/b ... port-says/

Please review and either re Name or Delete the topic before I post a related video link

on this same grave Cause for Public Concern

IMO. Thanks Patrick
Stinsy

Re: Moderator Alert

Post by Stinsy »

Don't worry a moderator in another place didn't like me very much either...

This particular post seems a bit "off topic" for this forum though... But after all this time I don't think it is surprising or news that Boeing deceived / where in bed with, the regulator and persevered with a clearly-unsafe aircraft, then tried to blame the (African) pilots for the crashes. However, I don't see how air travel can be sustained at the current levels/prices. A train ticket to London is £150 yet a plane ticket to Benidorm is £30. How is that right?
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
rogeriko

Post by rogeriko »

A train ticket to London is £150 yet a plane ticket to Benidorm is £30.

Rip off Britain. Gouge the poor people/commuters to make a profit. The largest employer in the world is Indian Railways, they move millions of people every day and the ticket price simply depends on the mileage travelled. If they did that here everone could travel by train.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

rogeriko wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:22 pm A train ticket to London is £150 yet a plane ticket to Benidorm is £30.

Rip off Britain. Gouge the poor people/commuters to make a profit. The largest employer in the world is Indian Railways, they move millions of people every day and the ticket price simply depends on the mileage travelled. If they did that here everone could travel by train.
SWMBO & I used the trains in India, excellent and a great experience. We also used sleeper buses there which were literally full on double bed(almost) bunks 18 of on the bus and off you went. Our longest was an overnighter from Mysure back up to Mumbai, 18 hour overnighter, over 1,000k £19 each if i remember correctly. I detest the price of trains in UK and also the cleanliness. A train from Inverness to Kings X is £185(574 miles) as a single. I paid last week £176(5,508 miles) for 2 of return tickets to Turkey.
Cost per mile? Train 3.1p Plane 0.031p One tenth, what's the odds on that working out that way!!! :lol:

Then i have to half it to per person, so 0.0155p per mile.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

30p a mile is good on our rail network. I used to pay £1 a mile when I was traveling to London regularly...

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:16 am 30p a mile is good on our rail network. I used to pay £1 a mile when I was traveling to London regularly...
That's shocking! :o
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Galahad

Re: 737 MAX

Post by Galahad »

I've updated the topic title.

I can't see an issue as long as we stick to what's being reported in the media.
nowty

Post by nowty »

As I used to live in London and commute on the Piccadilly line, it was well known and frequently repeated story in the press about the worlds most expensive public transport cost per mile.

Its the 43 second jaunt on the Piccadilly Line between Covent Garden and Leicester Square for a distance of 0.162 miles, so if you pay cash, its now almost the equivalent of £34 per mile. :o

Once getting off at Covent Garden there was a massive que for the lifts (no escalators) so decided to use the staircase. There is a warning that there are 193 steps. I thought, that's not many ?, but it turns out equivalent to a 15 story block of flats. :oops:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
dan_b

Post by dan_b »

Not sure how this thread swerved from the 737 Max to Oyster Cards?!

Interesting about Boeing - they seem to have completely screwed up on a host of high profile projects - not least the Commercial Crew Capsule (Boeing Starliner) for NASA. Structural incompetence?
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oversees an 11kWp solar array at work
Stinsy

Post by Stinsy »

dan_b wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:46 am Not sure how this thread swerved from the 737 Max to Oyster Cards?!

Interesting about Boeing - they seem to have completely screwed up on a host of high profile projects - not least the Commercial Crew Capsule (Boeing Starliner) for NASA. Structural incompetence?
A business based on government subsidy breeds ineptitude. These huuuuuge organisations also suffer from "emperor's new clothes" where everyone knows something isn't right but no one says anything...