Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
AE-NMidlands

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I am with Coop energy (delivered by Octopus) and there is no problem whatsoever about me not having (and repeatedly declining) a smart meter. They are also accepting new customers on E7 tarrifs from other suppliers from what I have read here. I think that person had to ring up and talk to them and it went smoothly. I guess no supplier can afford to risk an avalance of new customers arriving "via online" because some comparison website happened to flag them up as temporarily cheaper than others.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:12 pm I am with Coop energy (delivered by Octopus) and there is no problem whatsoever about me not having (and repeatedly declining) a smart meter. They are also accepting new customers on E7 tarrifs from other suppliers from what I have read here. I think that person had to ring up and talk to them and it went smoothly. I guess no supplier can afford to risk an avalance of new customers arriving "via online" because some comparison website happened to flag them up as temporarily cheaper than others.
A
Very many thanks, I will give them a call. It does seem to be a real minefield finding out which suppliers will accept new customers, and what their tariffs are, at the moment. So many suppliers seem to shroud the tariffs they offer in secrecy that I've pretty much given up looking around for now. Our supplier is going to keep paying us £38.66 every month from now to the end of March, though, so we are in no rush to switch just yet.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Good to see WT1 outputting 83.5% of capacity in the trailing hour. That bit of Arctic blast would have been its first Winter test. 8-)

Edit 93.1% capacity at 13.00 hrs.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Just received a £10 voucher for John Lewis from Ripple. That was nice. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:27 pm Just received a £10 voucher for John Lewis from Ripple. That was nice. :D
What was that for? I saw a loyalty bonus from Octopus on my account the other day, but about 1/4 of yours!
A
p.s. maybe yours is a back-hander for the value they get from your contributions here?
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:50 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:27 pm Just received a £10 voucher for John Lewis from Ripple. That was nice. :D
What was that for? I saw a loyalty bonus from Octopus on my account the other day, but about 1/4 of yours!
A
p.s. maybe yours is a back-hander for the value they get from your contributions here?
That's funny! :D
I think it was for being brilliant? :lol: :lol:

Sent it onward to daughter in Edinburgh for Winter socks or similar.

In truth, it was a prize draw after having referred for project 3. I was unaware of either or have simply forgotten. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Update from Sarah below on the Generator Levy which may impact Kirk Hill and possibly future developments.
There is also a compassionate response from Sarah to a members enquiry regarding their recently widowed mother in law and possible implications if she were to apply for Project 3. I wonder how many other CEO's would find time to respond in this way?

Changes to new Generator Levy

The Government this week announced changes to the generator levy that will come into force in January. This is the issue we, and many members, raised with politicians in the autumn.

The levy will now apply above 50GWh per year rather than 100GWh as initially stated.

The £10m allowance will be maintained.

The generation from Kirk Hill will be above the new 50GWh threshold, but the levy liability should not breach the £10m annual allowance. We therefore do not expect Kirk Hill will be required to pay any levy.

Graig Fatha’s annual generation is well below the 50GWh threshold, so it will not be affected.

The reduction in the threshold to 50GWh does, however, make it more likely that some future Ripple projects will be impacted.

We will update you further once we have had the opportunity to explore the updates in more detail in the new year.

Sarah

Link: Updated technical note
nowty

Post by nowty »

If I was cynical, let’s say it’s 100GWh to stop the complaining then halve it in Xmas week. Too late for anyone to do anything about it and we don’t have to do anything about exempting community generators because we initially listened with the 100GWh value. :evil:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Play them at their own game, split the build to Kirkhill phase 1 build the first batch and then fence it off and build phase 2 - two separate sites :D

Seriously though this is just the start - the Tories are proving that they cannot think beyond the current economic model of taxation that keeps us chained to their will. You only have to read about their indignation that over 50's are refusing to go back to work in order to pay more tax for less return or the rapid move to mandatory smart car charges to ensure they can cash in on the move to BEV's to know they are stuck in the past.

The more you can do to power, heat and support your own utility needs in the future the more likely you are to be able to safeguard yourself from big business and greedy government fleecing you for all they can get.

Moxi
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

nowty wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:23 pm If I was cynical, let’s say it’s 100GWh to stop the complaining then halve it in Xmas week. Too late for anyone to do anything about it and we don’t have to do anything about exempting community generators because we initially listened with the 100GWh value. :evil:
I'm sure they meant no exemption but we'll say 100GWh then slash it to 50GWh... :evil:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf