Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Fintray

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Fintray »

Moxi wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:49 pm Play them at their own game, split the build to Kirkhill phase 1 build the first batch and then fence it off and build phase 2 - two separate sites :D

Seriously though this is just the start - the Tories are proving that they cannot think beyond the current economic model of taxation that keeps us chained to their will. You only have to read about their indignation that over 50's are refusing to go back to work in order to pay more tax for less return or the rapid move to mandatory smart car charges to ensure they can cash in on the move to BEV's to know they are stuck in the past.

The more you can do to power, heat and support your own utility needs in the future the more likely you are to be able to safeguard yourself from big business and greedy government fleecing you for all they can get.

Moxi
I'm pretty sure there will be ways to circumvent the smart part of the chargers.
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Oldgreybeard

Post by Oldgreybeard »

Fintray wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:54 pm I'm pretty sure there will be ways to circumvent the smart part of the chargers.
Disconnecting from the internet should make them fall back to being dumb, I believe. I have a dumb charger and recently acquired a spare controller unit and contactor for it, so plan on keeping it going for as long as I possibly can. It's so simple inside that it looks as if it could be just kept going pretty much forever, as long as the controller modules remain available.
25 off 250W Perlight solar panels, installed 2014, with a 6kW PowerOne inverter, about 6,000kWh/year generated
6 off Pylontech US3000C batteries, with a Sofar ME3000SP inverter
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Thankfully for me most of my mileage is done with nice big gaps in between so I plan, in the first instance, to just plug it in to a 13amp and let it slow charge for up to two days at a time (typical time between use) .

As I mentioned elsewhere there are some 7.4kWh?? chargers in the village that can be used if I needed a faster charge and of course while out and about I will avail myself of the superchargers where practicable - but for the most part it will be the 13 amp route - I think you all call it the granny charger don't you ? Not up to speed with BEV terms and will have to spend xmas reading all the good stuff on here so I am ready for the EV6 arriving in Q1 next year.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Is it just me? Logged into WT1 a moment ago. The graph for the day optimises wind energy for me. Absolutely sublime, especially when coupled with storage. Sorry no graph to show as on phone and red wine. Cool though! 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:40 pm Is it just me? Logged into WT1 a moment ago. The graph for the day optimises wind energy for me. Absolutely sublime, especially when coupled with storage. Sorry no graph to show as on phone and red wine. Cool though! 8-)
I don't understand that, unless it is to do with a smart meter and recommending when you consume power... Look forward to seeing a screendump of someone's. (Mine is unchanged)
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:48 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:40 pm Is it just me? Logged into WT1 a moment ago. The graph for the day optimises wind energy for me. Absolutely sublime, especially when coupled with storage. Sorry no graph to show as on phone and red wine. Cool though! 8-)
I don't understand that, unless it is to do with a smart meter and recommending when you consume power... Look forward to seeing a screendump of someone's. (Mine is unchanged)
Nah, it just looked very dynamic yesterday, swinging from 0 up to 2kW and down again. Tres WT.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

As SWMBO is down the shopping centre, I have now read the updated technical note regarding the Electricity Generator Levy (EGL).

The alleged reasoning for the halving of the 100 GWh limit is because the £10 million allowance may not be large enough to prevent a 100GWh nominal generating asset busting the allowance limit in an exceptional year with the risk that generators simply shut down operations in Nov or Dec. It’s exceptionally unlikely that a 50GWh asset will bust the £10 million allowance unless energy prices go even more nuts.

There is a bit of good news in that the £75 per MWh price will now be indexed with CPI over the 4 years of this time limited legislation.

The bad news is that if your triggered above the 50 GWh limit it appears to me that ALL your excess revenue is targeted minus the £10 million allowance.

So for example my back of fag packet calculation for WT2 if on same prospective 27p / kWh would incur approximately a 20% reduction in rebate. And remember that’s before any personal tax liability you might have. Disclaimer - I am in a beach bar and I’ve had a few. :wink:

Also you cannot frig the revenue received by use of derivatives as gains or losses on hedging will be taken into account.

Splitting up larger projects won’t work if they still form part of the same group.

There is nothing whatsoever to offer any exclusion to community / coop generators. This will not help Ripple at all unless they can get into offshore generation with CFD revenues.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Sad we can't install our WT/RE investment into an ISA. If I have to pay a little tax in a record year I can live with that.

Best Xmas yesterday, a couple of beers, fantastic Xmas Dinner in a local place then back to house, cup of tea and slept solid for 13 hours, what a result! :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just realised that the borrowing element for WT2 might complicate matters, either in a good or bad way. There are some exceptional costs which can be allowed for. There is also a section in the tech note on joint ventures which I have not read either.

This is winding me up now, not because of the tax which will in the scheme of things be relatively small, but the fact that I cannot easily work out what the implication is.

It will be a headache for the coop board to deal with instead of them dealing 100% with the build and operation.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

On the plus side WT1 is still exempt and is set to crank at decent output till the new year.🥳
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3