Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Likely several stages of consruction, & with problems geting trades in, I'm wanting at least shade for summer with fuse board (buggersome access) upgrade to handle things, so want to keep some decent cardboard, tape & tarp combo in place due to framework, ground mounts, panels in but no connection in the meantime, got to do some roofing work nearby so safety first from all angles.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

John_S wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:56 pm Something odd is going on with my dashboard.

Before Christmas, the cumulative generation since start per the dashboard equalled the monthly totals plus the daily totals for the current month, up to the last update date. The last update date would always lag behind by a couple of days as the reading was fine tuned from the initial estimate.

Now the cumulative total is well behind what it should be, even if I knock a couple of days off the last update date.

Has anyone else noticed this?

John
Sometimes it stops clocking it up for a few day’s especially at weekends and holidays. It gets fixed when they have the validated generation meter readings.
Last edited by nowty on Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:45 pm
Joeboy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:41 pm
Fintray wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Any reason for covering the panels once they are fitted?
I wondered that too. Will the inverter not just throttle itself?
Makes no difference if the panels (PV) aren't connected but Gus could be on about solar thermal instead.
Clarification, prevent damage during other works, fair enough. 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
John_S

Post by John_S »

nowty wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:02 pm
John_S wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:56 pm Something odd is going on with my dashboard.

Before Christmas, the cumulative generation since start per the dashboard equalled the monthly totals plus the daily totals for the current month, up to the last update date. The last update date would always lag behind by a couple of days as the reading was fine tuned from the initial estimate.

Now the cumulative total is well behind what it should be, even if I knock a couple of days off the last update date.

John
Sometimes it stops clocking it up for a few day’s especially at weekends and holidays. It gets fixed when they have the validated generation meter readings.
Thanks. I appreciate that that is the case. But prior to Christmas the December monthly amount in the year to-date total was the sum of the days to the last update total, with the remainder being the sum of the monthly amounts. And it no longer is.

I shall watch carefully over the next few days.

As a matter of interest, have you compared your March to November monthly totals plus your December daily amounts with the YTD total, either before or after Christmas ?

With December being a 31 day month, I don't want the 30 day history evidence to disappear before I know the fate of what is at the moment a potentially missing 70 kWh.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:08 pm
nowty wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:02 pm

John
Thanks. I appreciate that that is the case. But prior to Christmas the December monthly amount in the year to-date total was the sum of the days to the last update total, with the remainder being the sum of the monthly amounts. And it no longer is.

I shall watch carefully over the next few days.

As a matter of interest, have you compared your March to November monthly totals plus your December daily amounts with the YTD total, either before or after Christmas ?

With December being a 31 day month, I don't want the 30 day history evidence to disappear before I know the fate of what is at the moment a potentially missing 70 kWh.
I am running 181kWh behind on the cumulative total up to midnight last night. Just checked :shock:
I would expect it to be the 4th January before it updates with the full December generation. Thanks for the heads up John.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ripple website offline this morning? :shock:
Maybe it's not liked the change of year or the full year tally has catered the server? :lol:
14.9mph at WT site today so should be 👍

Happy New Year lads. All the best in 2023!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Happy New Year to you Joe and everyone else :D

Did you manage to meet up with the Russian group ?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Bugtownboy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:36 am Happy New Year to you Joe and everyone else :D

Did you manage to meet up with the Russian group ?
I met a couple yesterday when out and about but not last night. Had a great time though at the village new year party and SWMBO arrived yesterday afternoon. :D

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:40 am Ripple website offline this morning? :shock:
Maybe it's not liked the change of year or the full year tally has catered the server? :lol:

I am getting
Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).
but I was guessing that meant that my Firefox is fighting Google, which seem to have taken over managing my logins since I reset the laptop.
Happy new year to all from me too.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:06 am
Joeboy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:40 am Ripple website offline this morning? :shock:

I am getting
Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information).
but I was guessing that meant that my Firefox is fighting Google, which seem to have taken over managing my logins since I reset the laptop.
Happy new year to all from me too.
A
Cheers guys and a happy new year all from the east coast.
It's but a tad frustrating as I was hoping to get the final days figure for this years stats. When putting an approximation in for it last evening, this years energy returns amounted to an impressive 9.89% of our share's cost. Admittedly the return of capital within this figure has to be subtracted and over a full year is 5% I believe.
And to think three years ago when Ripple first introduced us to the scheme a ROI of fourteen years was projected. It being based on energy prices at the time and remaining stable over the duration of 25 years. Couldn't understand the reluctance of people to take part, after all, having your energy prices capped at a smidge over 2p/kWh for 25 years seemed a bargain to me. But what do Iwe know. :D