Tarriff change and adaption

Joeboy

Tarriff change and adaption

Post by Joeboy »

Well that's a change around for our house. Electricity is now 12p per kWh and gas is 6p per kWh until Sept.

We used 1MWh of gas across the whole of 2022. Almost entirely in December when -11 descended. That's a 96% reduction in comparison to 2016 consumption (32MWh gas).

Purely on price the GCH is now going to be on although it will be compensated with the WBS and the central 2.4kWh storage heater. Hybrid heating anyone?

SWMBO caught the whole groove of the inverter air con running in heat mode(500W) out here and said. Could we maybe....

I'll have a look when we get home, more for 2024 when Kirkhill is running.

Also a pleasant surprise, bill is in for across Dec and once govt and Ripple arrives in our account we'll be £50 in credit going into January, still alive! Woohoo!

House back home is ticking over with Hive set at 10.5 degs, batteries taking a small charge at 00.30 hrs to top off, all SH's shutdown. Sitting with shades on out here, cup of tea on balcony and 30 degs...

We were buying an average of 155Wh per hour E (3.73kWh) yesterday.
Last edited by Joeboy on Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Stinsy

Re: Tarriff change and adaption

Post by Stinsy »

How did you get gas at 6p? I’m paying 10p on Flexible Octopus.
12x 340W JA Solar panels (4.08kWp)
3x 380W JA Solar panels (1.14kWp)
5x 2.4kWh Pylontech batteries (12kWh)
LuxPower inverter/charger

(Artist formally known as ******, well it should be obvious enough to those for whom such things are important.)
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Stinsy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:06 am How did you get gas at 6p? I’m paying 10p on Flexible Octopus.
The contract is fixed until Sept. Just the old price.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:30 am
House back home is ticking over with Hive set at 10.5 degs, batteries taking a small charge at 00.30 hrs to top off, all SH's shutdown. Sitting with shades on out here, cup of tea on balcony and 30 degs...
If with Hive set to 10.5 degrees that means the house is not much above that be careful and check your house insurance as many require the house to be at a minimum of 15C. I don't know why, but when we left our old house before it was sold I was made aware of that and also when my father went into a nursing home and the family home was left empty. Each house was with a different insurer, but I also checkd our current insurance and that has the same restriction.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Countrypaul wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:31 am
If with Hive set to 10.5 degrees that means the house is not much above that be careful and check your house insurance as many require the house to be at a minimum of 15C. I don't know why, but when we left our old house before it was sold I was made aware of that and also when my father went into a nursing home and the family home was left empty. Each house was with a different insurer, but I also checkd our current insurance and that has the same restriction.
That is good to know, I'll check when we return. Cheers!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Bugtownboy

Post by Bugtownboy »

Countrypaul wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:31 am
That’s an interesting point Countrypaul - checked ours and couldn’t find any reference, though I will ring to check.

Out of interest, is the temperature stipulated when the house is unoccupied ? Our policy defines unoccupied as being empty for longer than 30 days.
Countrypaul

Post by Countrypaul »

I know that for our old house and my father's that was when they were unoccupied but iirc there was something to do with draing the CH system, water pipes and probably some other stuff if the house was not heated plus some things would not be covered if unoccupied. Storm damage to the roof was not covered since the house was unoccupied - found that out as it was damaged by storm Arwen.

Will have to dig out details for current house as I thought the temperature issue was all the time but it could just be if unoccupied.