Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:08 am Don't know if anyone else has checked their WT1 output for yesterday but according to our figures it was the highest output to date.
OK, so it was only by another 1kWh in our case but a record is a record and who knows, when the generation data arrives it may even receive a small boost.
According to my questionable maths I believe it represents a cf of 92.52%!

Edit. Ooops! Apologies Joe hadn't spotted you beat me to it!
It will probably end up a bit higher than that as the daily totals seem to get a slight upgrade after a few days when they are corrected by the real generation meter data. The live data is based on the live power output but is prone to sampling errors.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:52 am
NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:46 am Probably been covered before but it is a long thread!

How do I factor in 10Kw solar and 13.5Kw battery storage, 75Kw EV battery?

While we have not done a full year with this setup yet, we anticipate to be largely grid free from April to October. Would we build credit with Ripple for this period of time?

Looking for an option to minimise cost during the "dark" months.

Is Ripple the answer to this?
Answer is yes if you are with Octopus energy or happy to transfer over (Ovo too now). You would keep an eye out on Ripple website or here for Project 3 going live. For £25 you can get an early in by reserving a spot. Gives you a week in advance to invest before open to public.

Once project three goes live (to you), there will be investment sliders up to 120% of power use. You can set your home parameters and go for it.

The energy generated is sold and cash funds accrue in your power supplier account. We call it the VB (Virtual Battery), build it up in the good months, deplete it in the poor.
You can also buy up to an amount to generate 6999 kWh whatever your usage is and no questions will be asked or evidence required. My fathers got about 250% of his power use on WT1 and loving it as it subsidises his large gas use. If you go 7000+ kWh then you need evidence like a historic bill or get creative with future use reasons, like,

I am buying an EV.
I am having a heatpump fitted.
I am having some storage heaters.
I am having an extension done to the house.
I am having a hot tub fitted.

All reasonable excuses accepted but they cannot sell you an unreasonably large amount as it would require a more rigorous financial regulation.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:58 am My only other concern is the tax implications, I am a PAYE tax numpty :oops:
For most people there will be no tax consequences and nothing for them to fill in.

The rebates are classed as "interest" and part of the rebates are classed as capital repayments which are not taxable. Ripple will issue the taxable amounts to all at the end of each tax year, probably on your dashboard.

If that is within your "personal savings allowance (PSA)" tax allowance then there is no further action necessary.

Basic-rate (20%) taxpayers: can earn £1,000 in savings interest per year with no tax
Higher-rate (40%) taxpayers: can earn £500 in savings interest per year with no tax
Additional-rate (45%) taxpayers: £0 – they do not get an allowance.

And for the absence of doubt these allowances are in addition to your personal income tax allowances.
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:08 am Don't know if anyone else has checked their WT1 output for yesterday but according to our figures it was the highest output to date.
OK, so it was only by another 1kWh in our case but a record is a record and who knows, when the generation data arrives it may even receive a small boost.
According to my questionable maths I believe it represents a cf of 92.52%!

Edit. Ooops! Apologies Joe hadn't spotted you beat me to it!
No worries, 3hrs ahead in Turkey and up early anyway. As you say, a PB is a PB and now noted on my E notes. I'll.just have to look forward to a perfect 60kWh day rolling through sometime :D
Looking at the crystal 14 day ball, January is going to be a cracker. I would love to crack 800kWh personal in single month. Averaging 26kWh per day would do that. Fingers 🤞
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

As can be seen, we are quite electricity intensive!
Solar came on line with battery in September

Number one priority is insulation at the moment, house is a sieve!

14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
nowty

Post by nowty »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:14 am As can be seen, we are quite electricity intensive!

My equivalent, I hit similar highs to you in winter but summer is now zero and half the winter usage is now offset with Ripple WT1. WT2 will more than offset the rest. I am hoping the surplus from WT2 and the future Project 3 will offset my dirty holiday travel emmissions.

What EVs do you have by the way or their kWh capacity ?
And Water tank storage in litres ?

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

nowty wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:37 am
NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:14 am As can be seen, we are quite electricity intensive!

My equivalent, I hit similar highs to you in winter but summer is now zero and half the winter usage is now offset with Ripple WT1. WT2 will more than offset the rest. I am hoping the surplus from WT2 and the future Project 3 will offset my dirty holiday travel emmissions.

What EVs do you have by the way or their kWh capacity ?
And Water tank storage in litres ?

Thats good to know, I am hoping to replicate your graph this next year!

Tesla Model S 75Kw and 300L Joule hot water tank.

Do you have a thread on rainwater harvesting, as you can imaging the solar "shed" can produce many litres of fairly clean water! Looking to use it as we extend here
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:47 am
nowty wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:37 am

Do you have a thread on rainwater harvesting, as you can imaging the solar "shed" can produce many litres of fairly clean water! Looking to use it as we extend here
We will do when you set it up! :D Looking forward to reading it.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
nowty

Post by nowty »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:47 am Do you have a thread on rainwater harvesting, as you can imaging the solar "shed" can produce many litres of fairly clean water! Looking to use it as we extend here
I did on the old forum but some would have nightmares if I resurrected it. :?
I might write up a sanitised version concentrating on the tank and pumps instead of the near death excavations. The excavations were out of necessity from a sink hole under my house and not for the water harvesting, but I took advantage of the hole I dug to fit an underground tank.

A taster of it, :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

nowty wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:17 am
NikoV6 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:58 am My only other concern is the tax implications, I am a PAYE tax numpty :oops:
For most people there will be no tax consequences and nothing for them to fill in.

The rebates are classed as "interest" and part of the rebates are classed as capital repayments which are not taxable. Ripple will issue the taxable amounts to all at the end of each tax year, probably on your dashboard.

If that is within your "personal savings allowance (PSA)" tax allowance then there is no further action necessary.

Basic-rate (20%) taxpayers: can earn £1,000 in savings interest per year with no tax
Higher-rate (40%) taxpayers: can earn £500 in savings interest per year with no tax
Additional-rate (45%) taxpayers: £0 – they do not get an allowance.

And for the absence of doubt these allowances are in addition to your personal income tax allowances.
Each time I get enthused about getting some more in Ripple I have to remind myself that I can use gas at about 10 pence a unit or electricity at 36p! Even with Ripple rebates of 9.6p, soon to be 27p a unit, using more electricity is an own goal as I pay more transmission charges etc.
And I shall be paying tax on the "interest" - virtually all from small investments in community renewable energy schemes.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!