Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Mr Gus

Re: Octopus saving sessions coming 1st Nov

Post by Mr Gus »

Obviously not on the offset / deferrment scheme but its all over the press this morning, expect a surge of interest.

However I don't like.the fact that otherwise.its. "as usual" ..no real marker points for thickies, iE if you can, turn it off! ..help out the grid, which really ought go handin hand with this scheme..

But im not getting paid for it! ..tough you enjoy midwinter skidmarks & brown-pants brownouts do you!? ..do your bit, needs to be espoused..
So flask drinks at 4 pm onward, tablet & radio, washing done, yesterday in anticipation, & energy reduced in general, not hard.

What are the plans for shops, any signed up or are they all exempt from this scheme? would seem mad not to have any involved & push the envelope.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
nowty

Post by nowty »

Might be another one tomorrow too, not surprising seeing the weather conditions are similar.

"From: Power System Manager - National Grid Electricity Control Centre NATIONAL GRID NOTIFICATION - DEMAND FLEXIBILTY SERVICE. An Anticipated DFS Requirement Notice has been published for tomorrow Tuesday 24/01/2023 This is an indication that a DFS Service Requirement might be published today at 14:30. This will be Energy Tagged. For full details see the ESO Data Portal at (https://data.nationalgrideso.com/data-groups/dfs). Notification Issued at 10:20 hours on 23/01/2023. Issued by Natasa Dinic National Grid Electricity National Control Centre."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Mr Gus wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:52 am What are the plans for shops, any signed up or are they all exempt from this scheme? would seem mad not to have any involved & push the envelope.
Yes business tariffs can join but they are not subject to the "in day adjustment".
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
openspaceman

Post by openspaceman »

Stig wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:19 am Has anyone joined a DFS scheme with another supplier?
I'm with Eon and apparently they're also signed up but it seems customers have to be invited to join:
https://blog.eonnext.com/entries/109-sa ... ergy-shift
Maybe as quite a low user I'm unlikely to get the invitation, I don't have batteries so savings would be minimal (unless I could also game the system).
I am with Eon and have participated in three sessions, plus the one today
Morso S11
FIT
16 Sharp PV panels facing WSW 4kW
Solarmax 4200S inverter
Non FIT
3 Canadian solar DC coupled 1.75kW facing SSE
Storage
Growatt SPA3000TL BL inverter ac coupled
Growatt GBLI6532 6.5kWh lithium phosphate battery
dlw

Post by dlw »

My batteries didn't charge last night for some weird reason (HA playing up) so it's now worth me charging them during this 3hr window and I'll be off grid until GO tonight, immersion might have come on too but better to have hot water and get paid for it :roll:
16 250w Trina panels
Voltronic Axpert Max 8Kw hybrid inverter
3 x Chinese 125Ah (19Kwh total) batteries
To be done, more panels and a wind turbine
Off Grid 20 out of 24hrs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/ ... ional-grid

Skimpy explainer, no foot in the door user feedback from the likes of you lot...

feel free to contact Alex "feet behind the desk" Lawson (can you tell I dont particularly rate him as an effective energy correspondent)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

It's not a "usual" one as they priced half its volume above the default price of £3,000/MWh.

Anyways all 3 coal stations stood down.
nowty

Post by nowty »

Another live session is going ahead tomorrow Tues between 16:30 and 18:00.
Will be looking out for the opt in and the payout rate.

"From: Power System Manager - National Grid Electricity Control Centre NATIONAL GRID NOTIFICATION - DEMAND FLEXIBILTY SERVICE. A DFS Service Requirement has been published for tomorrow Tuesday 24/01/2023 between 16:30 and 18:00. Times in GMT The maximum demand reduction volume requested in this period is 341 MW. This will be Energy Tagged. For full details see the ESO Data Portal at https://data.nationalgrideso.com/data-groups/dfs. Notification Issued at 14:58 hours on 23/01/2023. Issued by Ben Young National Grid Electricity National Control Centre."
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Cheers Nowty, excellent news. I'll buy ye a couple of pints in Ayrshire. The best part of today for me was using the electric chainsaw, charging the Einhell batteries for same and using the logsplitter to start restocking front woodstore for next Winter. Another long term stored energy strategy. :lol:

The 20kW EV, SH, HWT and home batter charging was nice too. 8-)

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Caesium

Post by Caesium »

nowty wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:19 pm Another live session is going ahead tomorrow Tues between 16:30 and 18:00.
Will be looking out for the opt in and the payout rate.

"From: Power System Manager - National Grid Electricity Control Centre NATIONAL GRID NOTIFICATION - DEMAND FLEXIBILTY SERVICE. A DFS Service Requirement has been published for tomorrow Tuesday 24/01/2023 between 16:30 and 18:00. Times in GMT The maximum demand reduction volume requested in this period is 341 MW. This will be Energy Tagged. For full details see the ESO Data Portal at https://data.nationalgrideso.com/data-groups/dfs. Notification Issued at 14:58 hours on 23/01/2023. Issued by Ben Young National Grid Electricity National Control Centre."
Yes now confirmed on BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64378224

Nothing from Octopus yet though, I wonder if they'll wait till todays has finished to avoid confusion.