Octopus IO

AGT

Re: Octopus IO

Post by AGT »

Yes totally agree, I worked in petro Chem in Grangemouth prior to going offshore, full of Union waving fannies there too
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AGT wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 pm Yes totally agree, I worked in petro Chem in Grangemouth prior to going offshore, full of Union waving fannies there too
Hoontanahnah! Maybe a pint one day. :D
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
AGT

Post by AGT »

Aye, sounds good
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Thanks ADOK, I went onto their chat yesterday after you initially mentioned indra & found that out via a helpful person not long in the job, however I did get them to take the forum details here in case there are more trials planned of any kind because, well batteries & BEV's proliferate right..

You never know we may get a heads up in future ahead of time (fingers crossed) ..unlikely but worth a punt.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Mr Gus wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:24 pm Thanks ADOK, I went onto their chat yesterday after you initially mentioned indra & found that out via a helpful person not long in the job, however I did get them to take the forum details here in case there are more trials planned of any kind because, well batteries & BEV's proliferate right..

You never know we may get a heads up in future ahead of time (fingers crossed) ..unlikely but worth a punt.
Cheers Mr G, They do indeed, it's the future after all(appreciating that some may disagree) and good thinking to pass Forum details on.
There's another chap on the Ripple community who is in a similar position to me so will be interesting to see if either, both or none survive the various get out clauses imposed. :lol:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I plugged EV in last night and it started to auto charge which was fine as plenty in the home battery, at 81% it switched off and easeeone app status window said charge completed. I had the IO schedule for the night so just left it and sure enough 100% soc in EV this morning.

This evening I'll plug EV in and pause the app and we'll see if IO takes over and unpauses through its own schedule. So far, so good.

Edit- the second night the EV only charged to 87% when I had it set to 100%. For anyone going onto IO soon, 1st night didn't charge, 2nd night charged a bit, 3rd night, fully charged.

I would like it if EV didn't immediately start charging when plugged in but I don't think I'm going to get to that. I'll just have to add in the step of pausing in app on connection. No big deal. 8-)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Tweeted Greg Jackson at Octopus and asked if Tesla Powerwall could be charged at the car charge schedule. He replied, it could be but Powerwall does not share API 🤔

Think we need a campaign to get PowerWall on the Intelligent Octopus 😅🐙
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:27 am Tweeted Greg Jackson at Octopus and asked if Tesla Powerwall could be charged at the car charge schedule. He replied, it could be but Powerwall does not share API 🤔

That's bad news. I'll never buy a Tesla product and cede control of the gear I pay for. Android all the way! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
NikoV6

Post by NikoV6 »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:34 am
NikoV6 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:27 am Tweeted Greg Jackson at Octopus and asked if Tesla Powerwall could be charged at the car charge schedule. He replied, it could be but Powerwall does not share API 🤔

That's bad news. I'll never buy a Tesla product and cede control of the gear I pay for. Android all the way! :lol:
Can all be controlled by user, just turn off charge schedule. Having the ability to charge the battery during the day on cheap rate on overcast day would be good!!
14Kw Mitsubishi Ecodan ASHP
22 x JA Solar 455W Mono Perc Half Cell Silvers
Solis 8.0Kw 5G Dual MPPT Inverter
13.5Kw Tesla Powerwall
Zappi 2 Charger
iBoost
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:37 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:34 am

Can all be controlled by user, just turn off charge schedule. Having the ability to charge the battery during the day on cheap rate on overcast day would be good!!
Ah got ye. That's good to know.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs