Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

All things related to vehicles - EVs, transport, fuels
Mr Gus

Re: Dont buy a tesla, serious fault they fail to recognise happened again.

Post by Mr Gus »

Wife was doing it, in the glovebox both usbs were empty & different ends of the scale but nothing worked & so precisely bugger all sentrycam, will wait for an update on monday, but unless they physically hit it I think we will still be going round in circles.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

So, finally, after the weekends soak testing feel a are also.try v out a new usb stick.
NOW THE FUNNY PART ...tesla UK are having a hard time getting tesla Germany to accept there is a fault ...the exact same situation we found / find ourselves in .. "Find" ..because it ain't over, it's only Tesla Northampton who accept the car is as faulty as **** , who I think may get a better idea of our frustration now.
"But every is working to specification, you are driving a super-computer, & after another deep dive we have cancelled your upcoming service appointment" . .and all that 5h1t

But like we reiterate, sentrycam "might" be showing up more sensitivity, it's still missed & not logged the latest damage, nor do we trust the car in the slightest, ultimately it needs hitting to see if it is working ..which they are very reluctant to do, even on damaged bits!

"Wham bam sentry sham"
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

I don't get why you aren't using the glove box USB.

Has it been explained to you that sentry will not activate below 20% charge?

Just get a 128GB Sandisk high endurance at it will work for 17 hours of footage.

Have you set it to not record at home location?

It's pretty easy to find a drive that works, do a soft reboot and the car will no longer write to drives that don't work without replugging them.
AGT

Post by AGT »

Buy some ring doorbells and stick them to the car.
Sorted.
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Swwils wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:32 pm I don't get why you aren't using the glove box USB.

Has it been explained to you that sentry will not activate below 20% charge?

Just get a 128GB Sandisk high endurance at it will work for 17 hours of footage.

Have you set it to not record at home location?

It's pretty easy to find a drive that works, do a soft reboot and the car will no longer write to drives that don't work without replugging them.
Swills...

We were using the glovebox usb, then the others.
Official tesla bog standard usb, plus 2x sandisk, one of which is usb c / regular coupling ..the ones mentioned a few updates back about the loaner not accepting the same sandisks, ..not for want of trying.

Its set to record everywhere, no exceptions, home, work, wherever ..&_it also turns itself completely off, thus 4 x vandalism, hit & run + car park door damage... it ..doesn't ..work

Tesla were too tight fisted, disbelieving, arrogant, dumb ..& eyes wide shut to try replacing the most logical cheapest offboard component 20 odd months ago, getting us to "rinse & repeat" resets, wiggles of usb, removals of usb, steering wheel resets & car software upgrades.. none of which work.

Speaks mounds that the next line in the chain of tesla command DON'T BELIEVE what tesla is saying, the lunkheaded nature of suits on their @rses in seats getting upset at the possibility of flawed product being "questioned" ..exactly why I used to kick doors of idiot managers to start a conversation off with the literal "right foot" when I had both problem and solution in hand or in an attempt.to swap out kit & get the unknown quantity in for analysis with ourselves & the chief architect of much of our kit.

Car needs to go, along with a rubber mallet, on video to wake up those "unsinkable ship" mindsets as to the empirical reality. ..I'd prefer to drive it into a pool "moonie" style & throw them the rfid keys with a wink of "she's all yours" to get through to them the obstacles of incompetence & hassle endured.
Last edited by Mr Gus on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

AGT wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:36 pm Buy some ring doorbells and stick them to the car.
Sorted.
I know right !? ..pitiful aint it!
#whambamsentrysham
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

NikoV6 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:32 am Fanboi intervention time! :D

Phantom braking is a known issue with the cruise on. Without it on I would be concerned.

We have the Samsung T7 Portable SSD 500GB and on returning to the car I can guarantee having footage to watch, even if only the cat walking past! Did take a couple of goes to get it formatted. Do you have no footage of any incidents?

Not on cruise control, but phantom braking on a roundabout with little / no traffic ( from memory of wife telling me, it came up in conversation today)

& as far as recording footage is concerned, the car is not waking up, but it is going into a loop of both NON recording, & NON registering any record of incidents on multiple programming levels affecting many different aspects of the cars visualisation & situational response "choices"
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

It's been another 2 weeks of sitting in service mode, this fridays update is that another part is on order (new glovebox, USB cable, & hub)
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

See the latest in the thread titled
"Tesla essentially told us to go FCUK ourselves"
https://camelot-forum.co.uk/phpBB3/view ... 056#p29056
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS