Off adventuring!

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
Joeboy

Re: Off adventuring!

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:10 pm The phrase "ah bum" is hovering in my mind, at least it won't go to waste joe.

One day, they'll catch up with what is safe & what is not, & then restrictions will be that bit less..
I'll be dead by then of course.
As will I. :twisted:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

90% clear day and the PV managed to put out 20 points (12,000 mAh). Missed about a half hour charge in the morning. Pretty good for February?

The overall count is 247 out of a possible 300 and that includes charging two smaller portable powerbanks today from the large 60,000 mAh powerbanks. Basically it looks as if that single folding panel is supplying all our daily 5V needs and increasing the stored energy back up slowly. 8-)

It also satisfy my abroad geekery urges. :ugeek:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

You are like a twitchy fella prescribed renewables as meds :lol:
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:13 am You are like a twitchy fella prescribed renewables as meds :lol:
I am indeed! Today was 50/50, morning was BAD, broke up nicely in the pm and had 11 of a rise. The overall count is 241(87 87 67 %) out of a possible 300 and I am slyly charging a further 27,000mAh pack on the side. All in all, looking good. 👌
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Out of interest Joe, what's the rules for sticking up solar / thermal out there?
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Mr Gus wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:33 pm Out of interest Joe, what's the rules for sticking up solar / thermal out there?
"Rules?" Are you 'avin a larf?

(Maybe you mean who should you pay off to avoid complying with any "rules." Sorry if this seems to be in bad taste, but there's about 44,000 people dead now, just because of the lax application of "rules.")
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWh pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWh batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWh pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:18 pm
Mr Gus wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:33 pm Out of interest Joe, what's the rules for sticking up solar / thermal out there?

(Maybe you mean who should you pay off to avoid complying with any "rules." Sorry if this seems to be in bad taste, but there's about 44,000 people dead now, just because of the lax application of "rules.")
A
Solar thermal is everywhere here. Our complex did not have it installed when it was built so to retrofit it I'd have to put it out to a vote and go through the sourcing process and winnowing of builders. Complexes (sitesi) each have their own charters and rules to avoid communal chaos. It works quite well.

The quake out East was an absolutely horrendous natural disaster massively compounded by as AE rightly states, poor building practices and kickbacks. I'd like to say historical kickbacks but don't know enough. I've sat through two quakes here over the years and they are incredible experiences in being reduced to a frozen in place mammal until they end.

Here in Western Turkey we have good building practices and earthquake insurance. Out East and into Syria, not so much if at all. There will be tens of thousands more substandard builds waiting to be shaken down. Its a shocking state of affairs.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Joeboy wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:29 am
AE-NMidlands wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:18 pm

A
Solar thermal is everywhere here. Our complex did not have it installed when it was built so to retrofit it I'd have to put it out to a vote and go through the sourcing process and winnowing of builders. Complexes (sitesi) each have their own charters and rules to avoid communal chaos. It works quite well.

The quake out East was an absolutely horrendous natural disaster massively compounded by as AE rightly states, poor building practices and kickbacks. I'd like to say historical kickbacks but don't know enough. I've sat through two quakes here over the years and they are incredible experiences in being reduced to a frozen in place mammal until they end.

Here in Western Turkey we have good building practices and earthquake insurance. Out East and into Syria, not so much if at all. There will be tens of thousands more substandard builds waiting to be shaken down. Its a shocking state of affairs.
There is talk that this quake will do for Erdoğan in the Spring elections due to response time immediately after and also a lack of reaction to the bs issues brought to light in the last quake up North a few years ago. I'm not sure exactly how they can rectify what was an endemic multi decade problem 🤔

That coupled with the insane inflation might be enough.

Apologies for quoting my own post, finger trouble. I was out goldpanning at the back of the village yesterday (not a speck) and on my walk back down I did spot a pair of panels on top of what looked a lot like a shed. Maybe if there is political change at the top there will be more incentive to push PV, maybe a Turkish FIT system?

Personally I dont get why its not as prevalent as the ST, by rights it should be everywhere. Although I did see a huge array (couple of hundred panels) at the new airport going home last time and i have seen at cafes etc and also at a mosque. Also talking to a guy with a funky wee electric Citroen bubble car a couple of days back and there are thousands of Ebikes and scooters going about. It just seems odd that such an abundance is not being utilised by Turkish families enmasse. One Ray of light is its presence on quite a lot of new builds.

I must be missing something obvious as the Turks ain't daft. Maybe it's taxed instead of subsidised as a retrofit? Maybe Erdoğan recieved a lot of party contributions from the power companies. I don't know.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Got word at 10am that No1's new lenses had arrived. Set a new record getting to clinic. He's had his 1st pill and eyedrops, here we go!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

BOOM! Eye No1 done, 50 minutes from leaving our clinic suite to back in bed sleeping. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs