Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Mr Gus

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Mr Gus »

Fintray wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:41 am
Why do you think it is late, as it says on the construction timeline that the turbine foundation works will start in January, this will go on for months.
Would there be any point in filming right at the start of the foundation works as there wouldn't be that much to see, whereas now we can see real progress. :?

The timeline (turquoise thing with all the stages) should reflect the current state, last night it was still sitting in the same area, which was down as Jan, we are now mid-late feb, not to much to ask the lousy marketing team to keep it up to date, & issue a line of text to any elongation /stages within stages.

It's scotland, it's a worksite that gets panned by weather, & if there is advance in the workings then I'd like to see the timeline reflect that accurately, I really give not a damn about the videos, because the timeline is visible all the time, their main designated completion infographic, & heed ought be paid to it, unlike the stopped clock that is correct twice a day.

Not hard to put a roll over that gives a few lines more info pertaining to weekly stages completion, after all that's what the project manager is working to.

If you employed a build manager on a house it would be weekly reports, here the marketing dept just stick a rough timeline up & leave it at that more or less, not good, just like the slow reacting to improvements forum over there.

Look at the infographic to see what I mean.
https://rippleenergy.com/our-wind-farms/kirk-hill

It is late in feb, a graphic shows Jan workings, the next staging post is FEB, which we are in the back end of, but not a word as to elongation, or work starting alongside, if so then you'd expect the timeline to reflect FEB, ..which it does not.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:39 pm
Fintray wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:41 am
Why do you think it is late, as it says on the construction timeline that the turbine foundation works will start in January, this will go on for months.
Would there be any point in filming right at the start of the foundation works as there wouldn't be that much to see, whereas now we can see real progress. :?

The timeline (turquoise thing with all the stages) should reflect the current state, last night it was still sitting in the same area, which was down as Jan, we are now mid-late feb, not to much to ask the lousy marketing team to keep it up to date, & issue a line of text to any elongation /stages within stages.

It's scotland, it's a worksite that gets panned by weather, & if there is advance in the workings then I'd like to see the timeline reflect that accurately, I really give not a damn about the videos, because the timeline is visible all the time, their main designated completion infographic, & heed ought be paid to it, unlike the stopped clock that is correct twice a day.

Not hard to put a roll over that gives a few lines more info pertaining to weekly stages completion, after all that's what the project manager is working to.

If you employed a build manager on a house it would be weekly reports, here the marketing dept just stick a rough timeline up & leave it at that more or less, not good, just like the slow reacting to improvements forum over there.

Look at the infographic to see what I mean.
https://rippleenergy.com/our-wind-farms/kirk-hill

It is late in feb, a graphic shows Jan workings, the next staging post is FEB, which we are in the back end of, but not a word as to elongation, or work starting alongside, if so then you'd expect the timeline to reflect FEB, ..which it does not.
Ah, I remember these thoughts from GF WT1, sanguine Gus. It will light up, agree on the timeline graph but I think its only an indicator. Chill min. 😎
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I am chilled, this is me chilled, but as it gets likely hundreds of hits per week of folk logging in to view status....
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Mr Gus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:20 pm I am chilled, this is me chilled, but as it gets likely hundreds of hits per week of folk logging in to view status....
I am thinking that maybe only members (or even only people in GF and/or signed up to KH) can see that? In which case we know that you have to take it as it comes, but it does come good eventually. The [new] people already in KH can't do much about anything so they will have to lump it, but I suppose they could badmouth Ripple with deleterious effects on sign-ups for phase 3.

It would be nice to have more detail, but I can't help thinking there will still be forces happy to do anything they can to damage our co-op (and maybe pick up the assets for a song if they can push it that way.) In which case, the less there is in the public domain, the better.

Remember the Coop Bank, bought/merged with a Building Society after a clean audit by a major company - and subsequently found a massive deficit which sank the bank, now in the hands of venture capitalists who probably got it for a song.
I'm sure there are lots of other examples of good companies sunk by rumours put around by the parasites and jackals... which then grabbed the assets in fire-sales...
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Good to see the decision to run the turbine outside the daily maintenance window.
Congrats on the chilledness Gus. :D
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I used to write copy, & manuals for product joe, so find great annoyance re-doing useless lazy inept, feckless marketing depts job, ..seems to be an easy job for the well dressed incompetents, ..wind turbine projects aint cheap, the marketing dept seem oblivious of the millions involved & what is a reasonable expectation of service for a commodity that will be a "rinse & repeat" set up but requires a blizzard of small scale individual investment at source for each new scheme :evil:

I have also had to make valuable warehousing space en masse for literal tonnes of non proof read marketing blurb, which they then conveniently "forgot about" for the best part of 3 years, bad marketing people are a fecking liabilty.the cost to us was far more than the eventual carting away to the dump as the individual tonnage meant it had to be carefully placed even for a big capable, then rare double depth high bay forklift.

The same goiters who would pop over at 5.15pm & expect you to "urgently" remove said tonnage from high bay without notice & load their car with either a ridiculously little sheaf of marketing or many boxes into a hire truck 😂 ..the only revenge was to dump the pallet in a far corner say "help yourself" & run away, ..they'd be miffed, dirty frim dust, complain to my immediate boss, who would then point out that warehousing needs to be kept clear, roller doors shut because "no heating" & that Angus was actually doing them a favour even getting a pallet out because warehousing was definitely not his job as an engineer, seeing as he'd be putting in 5 more hours in a work day unpaid before going home.

NB. eeventually I got movement on the stagnant 50 pallets of badly written copy by having a word with accounts, dear old "col" who worked with me when sent to troubleshoot failing firms for months at a time, ..& a man who would get mucky & lift stuff with us, "it's expensive product in expensive space that is hindering us colin, can you grief them for me please, ..Ok Gus, i'll make something up, ..my own theoretical boss was to weak compared to a northern accoutant & a penny pinching scot, we got it down to less than 15 pallets retained & the marketing was told to "do the effing lifting walk it into the bin lorry by themselves"

Our poor warehousing lad was ecstatic, it made his daily job far less frustrating & inherently safer in the aisles.

They were too lazy to follow up with our professional product reviewers, & too timid to creatively "ask for kit back" because they knew not how to deal with people being a "slot in, one size fits all" ..which is in part why our service dept won plaudits & awards collectively & as individuals because we sold to individuals & distribution every day with fast reacting technical assistance for joe bloggs.

A writer reviewer they failed to understand lived in a house choked with kit, so the best approach was to cold call & "see if they needed to make space or not" ..basic sales put into practise that got me several hundred thousand of on paper, & filing shelf space, regularly audited loan kit through the system & kept sales & accounts happy, ..but another job "marketing" deemed below them, making non existent draughting tweaks to packaging that didnt warrant change for a decade or more 🤔

Marketing bullshitters, too a man "so busy" 😣 ..the department who go home on time, attended award ceremonies "on our behalf" & never offered to get their hands dirty handballing their stuff or the firms on a truck. ..which I used to in my expensive loakes just daring my floating clot on the brain to put in an appearance 😆With apologies to the few genuinely hard working creatives repping brands out there.

Not bitter, me mam couldnt afford to pay for me to live in london, & work for advertising firms for free when I was a yoof.
Last edited by Mr Gus on Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:02 am Good to see the decision to run the turbine outside the daily maintenance window.
Yep, a good return for those early hours too, taking total for the month above that of last May and leaving Junes total next to fall.
Currently yielding a CF of 30.3% for the month.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:39 am
Joeboy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:02 am Good to see the decision to run the turbine outside the daily maintenance window.
Yep, a good return for those early hours too, taking total for the month above that of last May and leaving Junes total next to fall.
Currently yielding a CF of 30.3% for the month.
Back up and running again, outstanding! 👏
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Speedy turn-around on the servicing, maybe a sign that contractor is a good un to keep relations up with!?
Leaf 24
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:32 pm Speedy turn-around on the servicing, maybe a sign that contractor is a good un to keep relations up with!?
I think so Gus, I seem to remember that the early, say 500hr service took yonks and it was full shutdown. 🤔

Might have been task specific early in its life but this is nice to see regardless.

Oh aye, then someone dumped an oil tank didn't they? Done well by not repeating that one!

All things being equal, the maintenance crew in Scotland will be experienced enough to hit it running and KH will be a Teflon slide of whoosh generated electrons.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs