Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

richbee wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:40 pm But surely £96 per year over 40 years + more like £3840, unless they think the capacity will seriously drop off over time?
The savings are not assumed to be the same every year, its one of the official government energy scenario graphs they publish alongside the savings.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
John_S

Post by John_S »

Interesting
When I open Ripple, it immediately opens my dashboard (utilising my password manager) bypassing that page with no way to go back to it without logging out.

It looks as though they have amended the calculator. Now assuming 1kwP produces 1,000kWh per year. That is a fair average. My 2.1kWP system produces an average 1,900kWh but suffers from early morning and winter shading.
richbee

Post by richbee »

That makes sense - thanks!

I'll have a proper look into it, maybe wait for the dust to settle - I like the sound of the idea in theory - and looks we are going to have to ditch So Energy as they are completely useless - which would also mean I could get on an economy 7 type tariff with Octopus
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W
nowty

Post by nowty »

I have 4450 kWh of headroom left up to 120% of my currently approved consumption figure. So if the updated calculator is now correct, or at least in the ballpark I may be able to purchase another 4450W for around £4k. :mrgreen:

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Coming in to Luton yesterday we first passed over Rotterdam. An incredible amount of WT's all turning as far as I could see on the Dutch side. Crossed the water and it was like we hit a turbine desert. Two sets of ten was all I could count on the run from the coast to landing whereas Dutch side could count 40 at any one time.. Was thinking about the marked difference, terrible to see. There were a couple of multiple hundred panel solar farms though. Just doesn't make up for it though does it?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

What was your flight number Joe, I bet I heard you if you flew into luton airport, which is quite a nice airport these days ..compared to heathrow, & the "shed" luton once was, for my money though the airy nature of stanstead though ...aw man great halls to stay loose in.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I'm not a fan of aviation, and to take this thread even further OT, I liked the bit about easyjet going round in a circle so that passengers on the S side could see the Northern Lights... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-64795572
If the pilot knew they might have to circle on the approach to Heathrow anyway it might have saved fuel by doing it at altitude...
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

I understood it was finnish air? (looks like we have a few nice pilots ;)

When flying to Canada the pilots were obliging to a point, when northern lights appeared, our biggest problem was that the plane was weighted adversely on one side (which a loop around prevents) so they were fighting the controls & we had to return to our seats, .,fair enough.

I am lucky enough to have been up a mountain in iceland as a kid when we had a magnificent show during the night as we were ascendinng, likely another pivotal time of appreciating the planet as a spotty yoof (attending cnd meets in scotland & elsewhere soon after that I think)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Mr Gus wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:18 pm What was your flight number Joe, I bet I heard you if you flew into luton airport, which is quite a nice airport these days ..compared to heathrow, & the "shed" luton once was, for my money though the airy nature of stanstead though ...aw man great halls to stay loose in.
I'll have to check, we did have a swift pull up and circle, was about 17.30 hrs EZY2456. Son & I were playing 'spot the everything' with the new eyes.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

AE-NMidlands wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:25 pm I'm not a fan of aviation, and to take this thread even further OT, I liked the bit about easyjet going round in a circle so that passengers on the S side could see the Northern Lights... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... r-64795572
If the pilot knew they might have to circle on the approach to Heathrow anyway it might have saved fuel by doing it at altitude...
A
Passengers might have been a bit miffed though as the plane was due to land at Manchester! :D
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf