Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:53 pm
nowty wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:16 am
Adokforme wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:24 pm
Whatever it was it looks like GF is heading towards it's second highest daily output since install and raising the monthly CF from a very medocre 19.5% to a slightly less mediocre 22.5% while absolutely demolishing the previous best daily financial return into the bargain. :D
Was yesterday an all time generation PB on top of the obvious financial PB ?, I make it 95.4% yesterday on the provisional count.

I thought the previous best was around 94.7% on 12th Jan ?
Quite right Nowty. Apologies in under forecasting the outcome last night, but it could have gone either way then and I didn't want to tempt fate by suggesting the alternative. Blissfully happy to wake up this morning and find the record had gone rather than the other way around. :D
I'm certainly not going to make any forecast upon todays outcome. :roll:
I've checked all 7 weather models on windy.com and they all say no for later today. :cry:
https://www.windy.com/?51.356,-3.285,8,i:pressure
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Like February is renowned for rain, this year was the driest in 61 years and third driest since records began, then March also appeared to be defying the odds by being almost doldrum like up until 21st and CF was at a mere 19.6%. It was in danger of being relegated to mere summer like performance when we really needed a good month's generation to start GF's second year off. The last two days will have hoisted CF to around 25% which is an amazing turn around and great to see. The remaining days of March appear unlikely to improve it any further, but at least we know it's still able to pump out the electrons when a good blow is forthcoming. With the new rate negotiated for the coming year ahead then this March has made a greater return than any previously so a huge lift to the spirits and especially so given the shenanigans surrounding the hydraulics of last week. :D
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fell off the cliff but should bounce back a little around 11am Sunday 8-)
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:34 pm Like February is renowned for rain, this year was the driest in 61 years and third driest since records began, then March also appeared to be defying the odds by being almost doldrum like up until 21st and CF was at a mere 19.6%. It was in danger of being relegated to mere summer like performance when we really needed a good month's generation to start GF's second year off. The last two days will have hoisted CF to around 25% which is an amazing turn around and great to see. The remaining days of March appear unlikely to improve it any further, but at least we know it's still able to pump out the electrons when a good blow is forthcoming. With the new rate negotiated for the coming year ahead then this March has made a greater return than any previously so a huge lift to the spirits and especially so given the shenanigans surrounding the hydraulics of last week. :D
Absolutely AD, nicely concisely said. I look forward to seeing the fast spool up next time it rolls through.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

About 116 kWh or £31 for me over the past two days.

That £31 translates into 310 kWh import on the cheapslot. 8-)

How am I going to use all that. :mrgreen:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:55 pm Fell off the cliff but should bounce back a little around 11am Sunday 8-)
Bang on cue. :twisted:
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

With generator meter readings updated on the website this morning confirmation is given to last Friday's output as a record with an additional lift to boot, taking CF for the day to 97%.
That will take some beating, although this coming Friday's forecast is showing some healthy windspeeds which, if arriving, would at least help give the months CF figure a lift on the final day. :D
nowty

Post by nowty »

I noticed one of my renewable investments Renewables Infrastructure Group (TRIG) has entered into its first Corporate Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with BT for a windfarm which is about double the size of Kirk Hill, unsubsidised and only 38 miles west of KH as the crow flies but 176 miles if you drive it.

Fixed price for 10 years although no info on the actual pricing which is a shame.

Its interesting because Kirk Hill will be making some sort of long term PPA for the unsold portion to fund the borrowing. I was presuming it would go to Octopus, but maybe not.

https://www.ii.co.uk/news/signing-of-co ... 03_4717483
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

& isn't it a bitch that this far down the line with the unsold portion none of us have been able to add a few watts here & there? ...why not?
Hardly progressive turning away customers right, especially those who were hoping for more wind.

In terms of how ripple is perceived how is having unsold equity every time a project arises? debt sheet etc.
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well with the last Octopus session and the new rate at GF I might just climb back up to 33% in the VB before the next bill lands. 😅 Untold luxury!

All joking aside, this combination of varied personal RE investment has been astonishing in its outcome. It has been a good taster for the Tsunami that will be KH. :twisted:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs