Well done Dundee CC

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Moxi

Well done Dundee CC

Post by Moxi »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/ele ... 718c&ei=78

Hats off to them for their efforts, I only wish my local county council were as active in the EV charging desert otherwise referred to as North Wales!

Moxi
Oliver90owner

Re: Well done Dundee CC

Post by Oliver90owner »

I was quite impressed with the number of charge points available in Banbury. It is very adjacent to the motorway, mind.
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Got to admit I am a bit non-plussed by the lack of EV chargers available at existing petrol stations, as I originally thought that they would be quick to install the odd unit at least to keep customers, but we don't see that much if at all around here, the closest is I think a BP service station over towards Ellesmere port.

Issues with Vapour and electric connections do you think ?

Moxi
AGT

Post by AGT »

Installed by a company that filters tap water and sells it on.
Peckham spring
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

Moxi wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:00 pm Got to admit I am a bit non-plussed by the lack of EV chargers available at existing petrol stations, as I originally thought that they would be quick to install the odd unit at least to keep customers, but we don't see that much if at all around here, the closest is I think a BP service station over towards Ellesmere port.

Issues with Vapour and electric connections do you think ?

Moxi
MFG seems to be very proactive in rolling out chargers to their existing portfolio of petrol stations.

I've found they always work with either of our two cars, they are on Electroverse, and they usually install six or eight units which helps give some confidence that you'll find one available without having to wait.

Helpfully, many are just off motorway junctions which means the Gridserve lottery is sometimes avoidable.
65 x Ø58mm SunnPro/Gledhill 450l
Solis Mini 4G 3kW/Sharp ND210/2.94kWp
SB1600/Sharp ND220/1.76kWp
SB1600/Kinve 235/2.115kWp
Dean Forge Croft Clearburn 11kW
SoFar ME3000/Pylontech US2000/19.2kWh
Ecodan 11kW HP
MG4
Zoe R135
PVOutput
John_S

Post by John_S »

greentangerine wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:41 pm
MFG seems to be very proactive in rolling out chargers to their existing portfolio of petrol stations.

I've found they always work with either of our two cars, they are on Electroverse, and they usually install six or eight units which helps give some confidence that you'll find one available without having to wait.

Helpfully, many are just off motorway junctions which means the Gridserve lottery is sometimes avoidable.
I agree about MFG. They have an 8 station charger just off J2 of the M6 which I now use in preference to Grid Serve at J1-Moto Rugby. Each charger has a CCS and Chademo cable, but only one can be used at a time. For some illogical reason Electroverse count this as 16 chargers but ZapMap correctly counts it as 8 chargers.
greentangerine

Post by greentangerine »

John_S wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:39 am
greentangerine wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:41 pm

I agree about MFG. They have an 8 station charger just off J2 of the M6 which I now use in preference to Grid Serve at J1-Moto Rugby. Each charger has a CCS and Chademo cable, but only one can be used at a time. For some illogical reason Electroverse count this as 16 chargers but ZapMap correctly counts it as 8 chargers.
Yeah, I travel from Dorset to Manchester often as I have two children based there and use the 6 station MFG just off J9 M6 in preference to Hilton Park or Stafford GridServe.
65 x Ø58mm SunnPro/Gledhill 450l
Solis Mini 4G 3kW/Sharp ND210/2.94kWp
SB1600/Sharp ND220/1.76kWp
SB1600/Kinve 235/2.115kWp
Dean Forge Croft Clearburn 11kW
SoFar ME3000/Pylontech US2000/19.2kWh
Ecodan 11kW HP
MG4
Zoe R135
PVOutput