IT glitch

If there is a foul wind a blowin' then drop by for a chat - about coconuts of anything else off topic.
AE-NMidlands

IT glitch

Post by AE-NMidlands »

I suspect I have done something to my laptop, as I deleted a load of cookies a few days ago (under the "guidance" of my Avast premium security) and now my Ripple page is having problems, no others..
It opens but after about a second the login page then goes into into a cyclic spasm where it shows me a filled-in password and sometimes a username, sometimes not, then goes blank apart from the page header, then freezes with the rotating please wait sign. Sometimes the login flashes back up briefly but sometimes not
Any ideas?
At least I shall always see the cash outcome on my Octopus account, but I do like to be able to see how the turbine is going!
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
John_S

Re: IT glitch

Post by John_S »

As the login ID and password appear, at least sometimes, perhaps try deleting them from your password manager. Make a note of both first. Then you should get an empty login page and then enter your login ID and password. And resave to the password manager.
MoSTiE

Post by MoSTiE »

try clearing the browsers "cache" a quick search will tell you how
Eabadger

Post by Eabadger »

Make sure you only have one antivirus software running
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Thanks all, I'll try them in turn. In fact there are 2 antivirus programs running, McAfee which came with the laptop and Avast which I had on the old machine and installed automatically. Maybe I didn't need to, but there you are. I'll see if I can switch it off.
Cheers
A
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Eabadger

Post by Eabadger »

And if Microsoft it will have its own
They fight each other
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

It was the antivirus, thanks.
I switched McAfee off and it worked - for a while! I neded to permanently disable that now, or maybe get at the Windows one too.
A