Wind Farm Cancelled

Any news worthy story. Good things to watch at the Cinema, Theatre, on TV or have you read a good book lately?
Moxi

Wind Farm Cancelled

Post by Moxi »

Bad news that will get potentially worse as the pressure spreads.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/v ... adf9a&ei=6

Moxi
nowty

Re: Wind Farm Cancelled

Post by nowty »

"The project won a contract-for-difference (CfD) in an auction last year, guaranteeing a minimum price of 37.35 pounds per megawatt hour (MWh) in 2012 prices for the electricity produced, which equates to around 45 pounds/MWh today.

Since the auction, called round 4, some developers have warned that soaring project costs, inflation and interest rates have meant the price guarantee offered then could leave the projects uneconomic and called for targeted help for the sector."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Seems ludicrous that our Government is happy to continue to support Hinckley C with a massive CfD but I imagine that same Government isn't wanting to assist the wind turbine companies ! Another example of free market forces not being fit for purpose in an essential utility setting.

Moxi
Mr Gus

Post by Mr Gus »

Meanwhile...

"Great British" Nuclear (so you know it was the baby propagating blonde heel that coined that one) :shock:

Shapps announces £157m in grants at launch of new UK nuclear body

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... r-industry

Are they going to build these on Great British Hills? or in Great British Scotland & Wales? away from the great public down south? (because despite the much touted "micro" footprint I simply cannot see them being built anywhere near (within) energy guzzling London :roll: :lol: :lol:

(Just think of the potential transmission efficiency savings down the wire if they did #greenenergy

Can anyone tell me how much the Nuc-boys are grifting for the same output? & (when it last went up) ..y'know context VFM, who should be suffer the cutbacks to save the great british taxpayer unnecessary grief etc)
1906 ripplewatts @wind Turb-ine-erry
It's the wifes Tesla 3 (she lets me wash it)
Leaf 24
Celotex type insulation stuffed most places
Skip diver to the gentry
Austroflamm WBS
A finger of solar + shed full more
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Maybe it will be a bit like this https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/ ... er-weapons:
The UK government is wasting billions of pounds of taxpayers’ money on “corporate welfare” for arms manufacturers that is siphoned into massive shareholder returns, a new report claims.
The study, by thinktank Common Wealth, suggests that long-term purchase orders and direct subsidies, which sometimes paid for more than 90% of private defence firms’ research and development budgets, were allowing leading defence companies to give billions of pounds to their shareholders.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Mart

Post by Mart »

My first thought was that these schemes are protected, since they are index linked. But I guess my ignorance here, or realisation, is that the inflationary uplift represents a spread of cost increases, whilst these schemes will be hit far harder, by the actual increase in costs following the gas price spike, and its impact on the related areas.

Horrific irony if the impact of gas prices on manufacturing, lead to less deployment of alternatives to gas consumption.
8.7kWp PV [2.12kWp SSW + 4.61kWp ESE PV + 2.0kWp WNW PV]
Two BEV's.
Two small A2A heatpumps.
20kWh Battery storage.
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

Moxi wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:03 am Seems ludicrous that our Government is happy to continue to support Hinckley C with a massive CfD but I imagine that same Government isn't wanting to assist the wind turbine companies ! Another example of free market forces not being fit for purpose in an essential utility setting.

Moxi
The energy provided is more valuable
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Swwils wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:02 pm
Moxi wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:03 am Seems ludicrous that our Government is happy to continue to support Hinckley C with a massive CfD but I imagine that same Government isn't wanting to assist the wind turbine companies ! Another example of free market forces not being fit for purpose in an essential utility setting.

Moxi
The energy provided is more valuable
Why?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Swwils

Post by Swwils »

As good as weather predictions are - you still end up with some overlap where a relatively inflexible grid values dispatchable power over intermittent supplies.

It's not fundamentally the same value energy, abit like how we fudge energy being worth the same over the whole country despite it not actually being so.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Swwils wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:03 pm As good as weather predictions are - you still end up with some overlap where a relatively inflexible grid values dispatchable power over intermittent supplies.

It's not fundamentally the same value energy, abit like how we fudge energy being worth the same over the whole country despite it not actually being so.
Fair enough, cheers! I wonder and you may know if there has been costings published for financial/detrimental effects of the various plants across their lifetimes? Say at the TWh scale across twenty to forty years. Coal/ gas turbine/ hydro/ nukes. I'd be interested to see which is the clear winner. I suspect it to be gas turbines?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees