Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:14 pm Wasn’t the autumn flip back in July 🤣 we have been picking blackberries since the last week of July.

Moxi
That sounds good, eating em fresh or preserves?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

The boys eat them as fast as I pick them, no washing straight from the bramble to their mouths and mine when I can get a look in. I hope to be able to get a few kilos into the freezer for winter treats but even Freddie - he’s 16 months now - has started eating them fresh from the bramble.

Even starting to spy sloes ripe to pick.

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:58 pm The boys eat them as fast as I pick them, no washing straight from the bramble to their mouths and mine when I can get a look in. I hope to be able to get a few kilos into the freezer for winter treats but even Freddie - he’s 16 months now - has started eating them fresh from the bramble.

Even starting to spy sloes ripe to pick.

Moxi
Brilliant!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Just read the latest GF CoOp mtg minutes for May. I note that the CoOp directors are thinking the way we have been regarding both the hydraulic issues and the comms drop outs. Either that or they read this thread. ;)

The comms does seem to be more robust now :D , but there has subsequently been another faulty seal change in early July. :evil:

"Ripple was asked to provide additional detail on the recent issues with the turbine
hydraulics. Over the last couple of months, the issues have ranged from a faulty valve, to a
temperature issue, to a faulty seal. The service team are monitoring these faults closely and
Ripple will press for a more robust solution if further problems arise."

"The UPS (power system / battery) was discussed. On 17 May the service team attended site
and tested the WPS and UPS and found that the UPS had faulty wiring. The wiring was fixed
and the batteries were replaced. This should enable a timely restart of the comm’s
following any future grid outages."
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:29 pm Just read the latest GF CoOp mtg minutes for May. I note that the CoOp directors are thinking the way we have been regarding both the hydraulic issues and the comms drop outs. Either that or they read this thread. ;)

The comms does seem to be more robust now :D , but there has subsequently been another faulty seal change in early July. :evil:

"Ripple was asked to provide additional detail on the recent issues with the turbine
hydraulics. Over the last couple of months, the issues have ranged from a faulty valve, to a
temperature issue, to a faulty seal. The service team are monitoring these faults closely and
Ripple will press for a more robust solution if further problems arise."

"The UPS (power system / battery) was discussed. On 17 May the service team attended site
and tested the WPS and UPS and found that the UPS had faulty wiring. The wiring was fixed
and the batteries were replaced. This should enable a timely restart of the comm’s
following any future grid outages."
That is good to hear. Hopefully some of it will go forward to Kirkhill as 'lessons learned' and reduce downtime across the site.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Another large community solar farm, :mrgreen: , but I think their belief is misplaced as Ripple DW is approved at 42MW and further south. :twisted:

Plan for UK's largest community-owned 120-acre solar farm backed
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-m ... YFLPnAXvMw

It is designed to generate up to 30 megawatts of renewable energy, which would be enough to power 8,400 homes.

Applicant New Energy Wales believes the project will be the largest community-owned solar farm in the UK.

It will be classed as a community-owned asset, with shares being sold to local people and organisations who then effectively become its owners, with any surplus revenue going towards funding projects of "community benefit".
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

A good post from Ripple (https://blog.rippleenergy.com/environme ... lown-away/ for non-members too)
The generation of 708MWh is way over the predicted P50 value of 458MWh. For those of you who need reminding, the P value indicates the confidence of exceeding a given generation level on average over a 10 year period. The P50 indicates the generation expected on average to be exceeded over 10 years with a 50% probability. It is the highest of the P values.

The chart below shows Graig Fatha’s generation for the whole of 2023 in comparison to its generation estimates.
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
nowty

Post by nowty »

August capacity factor graph time for the GF wind turbine,

Well ahead of last August and almost made baseline at just 2% less. :mrgreen:

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I am a wee bit behind, what with the hols and all that. Just updated my graphs for July & Aug.

Every year without fail my peak RE month has been June, i repeat, without fail. Graig Fatha has changed that. Slightly disconcerting, as is the potential to achieve a 2 MWh month with home PV & 1 WT if the right set of circumstances presented. :shock:

That's just a wee bit too trippy for my post hols head. 8-) :lol:

They say the big crane is going to be onsite at Kirkhill this week for first turbine going up on that project. 8-)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66715141

Ban that should never have been in place. Incredible that 1 NIMBY could derail a whole windfarm. :shock:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs