Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

Yeah, we don't actually know the final figures for DW, but as John _S surmises, its a mathematical subtraction from what they raised from members and what it costs. There is an unknown wild card of business ownership but I cannot imagine its more than a few million.

https://www.cityam.com/ripple-energy-un ... olar-farm/

Sanity check, there is around 9000 members of DW and the average investment per member for both GF and KW was about £2,200 or £2,300. The more members you get the less the average moves. So 9000 members should equate to £20m near as damn it.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

WTF :shock:

After all the 120% is it consumption or is it import and Ripple had even changed their FAQ to make it clear it was import, they made it crystal clear to me it was import and refused my consumption figures. They have even been harassing one of our members repeatedly recently, threatening to kick them off the KH project almost 2 years after them paying up and their customer service folk telling them it was ok to make the purchase at the time based on their circumstances.

I now read on the facebook group, Sarah Merrick herself (CEO of Ripple) 6 days ago has posted,

"we recommend people use their grid import only but they can use their total consumption if they prefer."

Has the penny has finally dropped that not many GF and KH members bought into DW cos they were full up and the taxman is never going to give us special tax free status. :roll:

EDIT - Or is this ONLY if its LESS than 7000 kWh. ;)

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:52 pm Yeah, we don't actually know the final figures for DW, but as John _S surmises, its a mathematical subtraction from what they raised from members and what it costs. There is an unknown wild card of business ownership but I cannot imagine its more than a few million.

https://www.cityam.com/ripple-energy-un ... olar-farm/

Sanity check, there is around 9000 members of DW and the average investment per member for both GF and KW was about £2,200 or £2,300. The more members you get the less the average moves. So 9000 members should equate to £20m near as damn it.
Ah OK, that is perfectly acceptable as a way to do business as is the £14m defecit on KH (unwanted though it is). Macro events and all that.
They really should get back to wind, in England. That latest solar looks like its edged towards meeting their future project timeline, not so much the customer.

It makes GF look more and more like 👍. :twisted:

Although I can see why. They missed offshore wind in the bidding as a part of consortium back in the day, offshore wind has now been disincentivsed. They might have given a green light for wind turbines in England but who the hell wants to be involved in that timeline and the inevitable court works via the NIMBY consurtiums? Tidal or wave, can't see it, too risky. No hyrdo projects as too big or too small or too not there. I would like to see them get into pumped hydro with solar but unlikely.

What's left? Solar farm in the UK, wow exciting! They should open up Ripple EU and get off the parochial island.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Update from Kirkhill this morning.

Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Unfortunately the Renewables GB website isn't showing wind strengths/direction but checking on the beeb forecast the weather up there looks anything but favourable for much progress today. But maybe I'm just being a bit pessimistic. :?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:49 am Unfortunately the Renewables GB website isn't showing wind strengths/direction but checking on the beeb forecast the weather up there looks anything but favourable for much progress today. But maybe I'm just being a bit pessimistic. :?
The storm hits tomorrow I think. Winds picking up here already. I felled one split trunk tree this morning. Each trunk about 10" and 50' high. I had further plans but called it all stop. Even with wedges and care it was a twin pucker moment (s).

Ah the sun just came out, joy! :D

We were limited for crane ops offshore incl in port to 30knts and falling at deck height. Does make me wonder the parameters for the big crane at KH. Tip of boom must be 60mtrs up and it fairly comes blasting in there.
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

KH update

All turbine component deliveries have been successfully completed, and as many of you will have seen from our social media, turbine installation is well underway. We can expect each turbine to take a different length of time to be assembled as the lifting operations are very dependent on the weather conditions, so some will go up quicker than others. The grid connection works have started, with new switchgear already installed at the major grid substation at Maybole, where the new cables for the windfarm will connect to the existing network. The bulk of the grid connection cabling works will start in October. This is slightly later than anticipated due to delays of a month or so in delivery of equipment ordered by the grid company (SPEN). We've been working very closely and successfully with SPEN to mitigate the impact of these delays by optimising their programme, and so it isn't certain at this point that energisation of the site by SPEN will be delayed beyond January 2024, which was the target date communicated previously. Once the site is energised it will take a few weeks to energise the turbines, and then a period of time to commission each. There's nothing giving us great concern at the moment that the site won't be fully commissioned in early 2024 as previously indicated. It is worth noting that the network operators always prioritise resilience of the electricity system, and so there is always potential for their staff to be pulled away to deal with repairs and power cuts following winter storms, for instance. Your dashboard timelines are in the process of being updated to reflect this information.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

GF full tilt and Moxi will be getting a kicking. ;)

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:09 pm GF full tilt and Moxi will be getting a kicking. ;)

He'll be in the bunker with the chickens. :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Morning,

Still here :D

No damage, everything was tied down, wedged or put away and I as I apt to say we do get a lot of 50 to 60mph winds so it wasn't really much above the norm.

Wish I had one of those cheap Chinese WT's up last night though, it might, just might, have got close to its labelled output of 200W :lol:

Moxi