Octopus Powerups

Joeboy

Re: Octopus Powerups

Post by Joeboy »

John_S wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:45 am I have 5 tabs on my app. Android phone.
It's a conspiracy!! :lol:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 pm
Ach yer not the only one who doesn't have an invite :mrgreen:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:11 pm
Ach yer not the only one who doesn't have an invite :mrgreen:
I mailed them again today. Just been to Marmaris on the dolmus and bought 60mtrs of jute rope for a project back home. Hopefully we will hear something soon Iain.

It's now a larger conspiracy! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
richbee

Post by richbee »

I only have 4 tabs on my Android app, but the Octoplus tab is on my laptop browser version and I've registered.
Solar PV since July '22:
5.6kWp east/west facing
3.6kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter
2x 5.12kWh Sunsynk batteries
1.6kWp Hoymiles East/West facing PV on the man cave
Ripple DW 2kW
Ripple WB 200W
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

sharpener wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:59 am
Adokforme wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:45 am
Unfortunately we do not appear eligible for Octopus powerups although reading through I see mention of requirement for an export MPAN. We have a smart meter with half hour billing so is this not already recorded here?
No, even if yr meter has an export register and so is technically suitable (no idea if this is usually the case) they still need to allocate an export MPAN to it.
Many thanks Sharpener, I've sent an email to Octopus requesting an export MPAN, at least, I assume that is who I need to apply to for one?
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Checked home desktop as well as Phone when away. No joy, I was on a payment holiday due to Ripple inflow. Have set dd at £1. Contacted Octopus and got a reply.

'Apologies for the late reply, we are currently experiencing a high volume of emails. I understand your frustration and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I can see that your direct debit has not yet started. Please try again after 11th November, which is when it is valid. I will raise this with our metering team regarding the half-hourly reads as I can see that we are receiving them so that shouldn't be flagged.'

It reads like a holding position so we'll see what happens on and after 11th Nov. Strange that my Octopoints account from last Winter is still showing.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Ian,
I hope you went live with Octoplus this morning?

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:27 pm
Adokforme wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:45 am
Unfortunately we do not appear eligible for Octopus powerups although reading through I see mention of requirement for an export MPAN. We have a smart meter with half hour billing so is this not already recorded here?
No, even if yr meter has an export register and so is technically suitable (no idea if this is usually the case) they still need to allocate an export MPAN to it.
Many thanks Sharpener, I've sent an email to Octopus requesting an export MPAN, at least, I assume that is who I need to apply to for one?
Received reply from Octopus saying they could apply for an mpan number for me but only if I was on one of their export tariffs and in doing so I should have to relinquish the deemed 50% export! As I've just signed up with Intelligent Octopus Go, mainly due to the fixed six hour overnight feature, I am reluctant to change without embarking on a raft of calculations to establish any benefit. Our panels came online in March '18 so we just qualified for that scheme, even so the deemed 50% export has totalled £295 so far this year. I am keen to support the Savings sessions and the grid with export if possible but would draw the line if a financial loss results.
Can anyone advise please that by us not being on an export tariff with Octopus, mean we shall not be able to benefit from any export undertaken during the Savings sessions? :SOS:
Apologies for seeming lack of understanding here.
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:22 am Ian,
I hope you went live with Octoplus this morning?

I did! :) Though not expecting as many as last time.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Adokforme wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:14 am
Adokforme wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Received reply from Octopus saying they could apply for an mpan number for me but only if I was on one of their export tariffs and in doing so I should have to relinquish the deemed 50% export! As I've just signed up with Intelligent Octopus Go, mainly due to the fixed six hour overnight feature, I am reluctant to change without embarking on a raft of calculations to establish any benefit. Our panels came online in March '18 so we just qualified for that scheme, even so the deemed 50% export has totalled £295 so far this year. I am keen to support the Savings sessions and the grid with export if possible but would draw the line if a financial loss results.
Can anyone advise please that by us not being on an export tariff with Octopus, mean we shall not be able to benefit from any export undertaken during the Savings sessions? :SOS:
Apologies for seeming lack of understanding here.
I would very much doubt that you be able to benefit from any export payment as you would effectively be being paid twice for the export deemed and actual).
You really need to know how much you actually export and do the calculations.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf