Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Moxi

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Moxi »

Thanks Nowty, I just saw the email for the next solar farm (after I asked) and realised its always been £25 and that what I really meant was "do we know what the £25 would get you in terms of watts" and after reading the email I guess the answer is no but given it was stated to be cheaper than Derril what did that project end up at ?

Reason for asking is wondering what to do regards buying some of the older kids some shares or in the case of my eldest whether to get him set up with his own balcony solar.

Cheers

Moxi
nowty

Post by nowty »

Moxi, Derril Water solar park was roughly £1 per 1W and 1W gets you about 1 kWh per year. From that you can make a reasonable comparison to DIY balcony solar.

Regarding the "project 4 will be cheaper", its unlikely to be much cheaper unless they start playing around with the leverage of debt. For example, they could say we are borrowing 50% of the cost so that £1 actually buys you 2W. But you wont get the saving on that second Watt until the debt is paid back. But for being green, arguably your the equity owner, therefore it offsets double your emissions as an offset scheme.

EDIT - Derill Water is likely also being funded by circa 50%, so in effect there may be no difference at all, other than the way its presented in the share offer.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

I think this photo shows quite well the excellent variety available in WT ownership. :hysteria:

From 5's to 50's in a couple of days. Keeps it interesting!

19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

nowty wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:08 pm Moxi, Derril Water solar park was roughly £1 per 1W and 1W gets you about 1 kWh per year. From that you can make a reasonable comparison to DIY balcony solar.

Regarding the "project 4 will be cheaper", its unlikely to be much cheaper unless they start playing around with the leverage of debt. For example, they could say we are borrowing 50% of the cost so that £1 actually buys you 2W. But you wont get the saving on that second Watt until the debt is paid back. But for being green, arguably your the equity owner, therefore it offsets double your emissions as an offset scheme.

EDIT - Derill Water is likely also being funded by circa 50%, so in effect there may be no difference at all, other than the way its presented in the share offer.
Thanks Nowty,

I will set the two oldest lads up with a balcony system to wet their whistle's and get them interested in home brew generation - after that I will cross my fingers that another ripple wind option comes available at good terms
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

:surrender:

We should be about due for Turbine 6 of 8? Weather's been decent enough.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Funny you should say that I was stalking the ripple pages earlier and youtube on the look out for more news ! I reckon something should be on the cards for around Friday, always nice to finish the week on a high.

Weather down here has been atrocious again with heavy overcast skies and brisk winds

Moxi
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Moxi wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:48 pm Funny you should say that I was stalking the ripple pages earlier and youtube on the look out for more news ! I reckon something should be on the cards for around Friday, always nice to finish the week on a high.

Weather down here has been atrocious again with heavy overcast skies and brisk winds

Moxi
:hysteria: Glad it's not just me!
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Here we are on the 15th, half way through the month and it's eminently conceivable that May's total will be overtaken by close today. With further
brisk winds forecast then by end of the week another four months totals are in danger of being surpassed as well.
My, as Ripple investors then what a month we are experiencing. :oO:
Or is it just me. :facepalm:
nowty

Post by nowty »

Adokforme wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:28 am Here we are on the 15th, half way through the month and it's eminently conceivable that May's total will be overtaken by close today. With further
brisk winds forecast then by end of the week another four months totals are in danger of being surpassed as well.
My, as Ripple investors then what a month we are experiencing. :oO:
Or is it just me. :facepalm:
The amount Gf is generating this month is normal for a November which has the second highest baseline capacity factor of 42.6%.
In comparison, May has the lowest baseline CF of 17.7%.

16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Thanks for posting the graph Nowty, that puts it all in perspective.
From previous disappointing months it does show there is no guarantee the wind will arrive as in the past. I'm just pleased to celebrate it's arrival when it does and especially so in these darker months when pv generation heads in the opposite direction.
Thinking back to when Ripple first launched and lockdown took hold there were times when I wondered if GF would actually get built never mind offer a return. Here we are three years on and GF is up and running, KH is well on the way to completion, two further projects embarked upon and a possible further expansion plan into Europe.
My single brain cell could never have predicted that. :D