Small things matter

Wood stoves, pellets and other bio-fuels
Joeboy

Re: Small things matter

Post by Joeboy »

Had what I'm pretty sure has been the personal top Womble moment of the year today.

Workshop lights have been failing to perform as a 3rd hand overhead fluorescent tube unit (small) had failed.

Turns out SWMBO knew where I had left a spare 240ac/12vdc transformer at least a decade ago (she's like that). A quick rummage through the Turkush spare used led strips, a couple of led switchable striplights that were on s/by for who knows what use, a bit of spare cable from 1990..

Had great fun soldering within the home battery soc range of today's meager yet very real generation.

In the end we have a three unit individually switched 12v dc overbench set up which is miles beyond where we'd degraded to. All lying about doing nothing until today. :whistle:

It has urged me on to cleaning workshop (again). Just got to think on some more shelfs or similar and reorder that back wall. Great fun today, started at 07.55hrs with 66% soc and at 15.20hrs we are at 67% soc, brilliant

The photos are pish, don't do it justice, the light thrown i mean. I'm very happy at the thought of a 4W dubai (style) bulb and some essentialy cast off led strippage is getting the job done to a good standard. 👍
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 pm Had what I'm pretty sure has been the personal top Womble moment of the year today.
You'll be looking for a guest spot when it airs https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/wom ... ewsupdate/ ;)
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:23 pm
Joeboy wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 pm Had what I'm pretty sure has been the personal top Womble moment of the year today.
You'll be looking for a guest spot when it airs https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/wom ... ewsupdate/ ;)
Bernard Cribbins! Brilliant 👏
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Well, that's my Christmas present to myself arrived and he fired up within seconds of placing on stove.

He is whisper quiet (name's Steve) and is defo making a difference. Feeling that I walk.into a wall of heat further away than before. Even a magnetic thermometer with it. What a time! :D

I think he may also have a partial cloak of invisibility.

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:07 pm Well, that's my Christmas present to myself arrived and he fired up within seconds of placing on stove.

He is whisper quiet (name's Steve) and is defo making a difference. Feeling that I walk.into a wall of heat further away than before. Even a magnetic thermometer with it. What a time! :D

I think he may also have a partial cloak of invisibility.

Steve looks a lot like my Lidl bargain and I've noticed a big difference in the heat being pushed into the room.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

What's your new one called? Got the cheapo thermal imager out. Surprised at the colours and temp. It is doing its job well.

Steve is a 10 blader open box buy @ £31.97. I have no idea if the blade count matters. Having not actually seen the unicorn that is Larry fan fae Lidl I can't comment on similarities. :hysteria:

Glad you're noticing the difference too. Always worry about placebo effect in these purchases. Defo better.

Reference

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

We've got some nice cherry wood trunk slices. Debarked & and been drying for a year. Might try that in place of the wee bottom logs. I think we could achieve improvement edging towards 😎.

Project for tomorrow.
Last edited by Joeboy on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

This is not normal behaviour. The single ply kitchen roll strip.test was a success on the twin fan. Not on the single. I guess we are looking at focused displacement v's ....not.
:)
Where's my coat?

I've got a video you know. :whistle:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:41 pm What's your new one called? Got the cheapo thermal imager out. Surprised at the colours and temp. It is doing its job well.

Steve is a 10 blader open box buy @ £31.97. I have no idea if the blade count matters. Having not actually seen the unicorn that is Larry fan fae Lidl I can't comment on similarities. :hysteria:

Glad you're noticing the difference too. Always worry about placebo effect in these purchases. Defo better.
Never really thought about giving it a name but perhaps Fanny will do. :D

Lidl fan is a 6 blader.
3.87kWp PV
Tesla Powerwall 2
Morso 5kW WBS
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:14 pm
Joeboy wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:41 pm What's your new one called? Got the cheapo thermal imager out. Surprised at the colours and temp. It is doing its job well.

Never really thought about giving it a name but perhaps Fanny will do. :D

Lidl fan is a 6 blader.
Of course! :praise:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2