Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Coast road is closed. We were there at 4pm. Staying right beside it within view of the road closed sign and cones. Can see them from our room.

Others we know got as far North as Inverbervie but that's it. They are booking in somewhere too. You'll be glad of that WBS & genny Ian?
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:02 pm Coast road is closed. We were there at 4pm. Staying right beside it within view of the road closed sign and cones. Can see them from our room.

Others we know got as far North as Inverbervie but that's it. They are booking in somewhere too. You'll be glad of that WBS & genny Ian?
So much for Traffic Scotland updates :roll:

I am, the WBS is heating the living room and the genny is chugging away in the garage powering the house. :D
I'll be needing to buy more diesel tomorrow if the power isn't restored though.

I forgot to switch off the Tesla battery and it has fully recharged thanks to the genny, I did think the diesel level had dropped a bit quicker. :facepalm:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:16 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:02 pm Coast road is closed. We were there at 4pm. Staying right beside it within view of the road closed sign and cones. Can see them from our room.

I am, the WBS is heating the living room and the genny is chugging away in the garage powering the house. :D

I forgot to switch off the Tesla battery and it has fully recharged thanks to the genny, I did think the diesel level had dropped a bit quicker. :facepalm:
Gies a shout tomorrow if you need a hand with anything.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:29 pm

Thanks for the kind offer Joe but we should be fine, that and that you manage to get home via whatever roads are passable :xx:
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Fintray wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:32 pm
Joeboy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:29 pm

Thanks for the kind offer Joe but we should be fine, that and that you manage to get home via whatever roads are passable :xx:
Rains off now! :hysteria: I reckon we'll be fine tomorrow. :whistle:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

The roads not much better south, but more to do with sheer amount of traffic and accidents.

Me and the cat spent 8hrs together from NW england to the south coast in the Tesla.

M6 shocking busy, M42 usual busy, then on the M40 all the signs are saying A34 closed southbound at Oxford. Had to do a detour around the Cotswolds and was panicking as it was touch and go with the battery level. I stopped at a Lidl with a fast charger but then could not remember my password on the podpoint app. Had to reset it and then found you now need to pre load the account, so put a fiver on it and only got about 7 kWh.

Back home now with plenty of extra slots from the Octopus heating the house and just noticed that GF is back up to full power, broken all the records and the last 4 days of the month look mental. :mrgreen:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
ecogeorge

Post by ecogeorge »

Ditto journey -Yorkshire to Glos 5.25 hrs but although terrible rain was mainly excess traffic. Came off M42 onto M6/M5 then backroads to M50 and home.
Fire roaring , nice glass of red . Stay safe out there peeps ........
George
1750w Vertical PV micro inverters
3800w almost horizontal/south
Aarrow Becton 7 Woodburner
Dream 3kw ASHP only connected to summer Pool.
Allotment heavy clay.
1.784kw Kirk Hill
0.875kw Derril Water
0.2kwWhitelaw Brae
1kw Harlow Hydro.
Krill

Post by Krill »

I drove to Norfolk and back today. M6 was vile both coming and going due to horrific rain but the rest was merely bad. Got blown all over the road but every wind turbine I passed was belting along.

Definitely a day to stay at home.
Solar PV: 6.4kW solar PV (Eurener MEPV 400W*16)
PV Inverter: Solis 6kW inverter
Batteries: 14.4kWh LiFePO4 batteries (Pylontech US5000*3)
Battery Inverter: LuxPowertek 3600 ACS*2 battery inverter
WBS: 8kW Hunter Avalon 6 Multifuel burner (wood only)
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Only been to the garage and back a couple of times today although it was rather congested up in the loft fitting the thermo hoods to downlighters, especially the two a mere two feet in from the external wall working under a shallowish 23 degree pitch angle.
Just been on GF dashboard where it's not running at max as expected in the strong winds. Turbine direction looks ok but blade angle is 47 degrees with output a mere 50% when it ought to be much higher. It's almost as though the blade angle is intentionally set to offer a lesser resistance for some reason!
nowty

Post by nowty »

High blade angle does suggest wind overload. :? , but looks like its back at 97% now. :mrgreen:

We like stable westerly wind, wind over 20mph, high RPM around 14, and blade angle of around 7 degrees. :twisted:

We don't like wind direction changing, low wind or very high wind, low rpm or very high blade angle. :evil:

We especially don't like low hydraulic oil level, blade angle sensor errors, G99 shutdowns, and comms drop outs. :fan:

The perils of wind turbine ownership. :xx:
Last edited by nowty on Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3