Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
nowty

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by nowty »

The problem with the delays is the unknown interest on the now larger loan is clocking up before there is a revenue stream to service the debt and we have now missed the most productive months for that revenue stream to commence. :evil:

On the other hand no serious mishap has occurred with the build, so mustn't grumble. :xx:
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Post removed
Last edited by Moxi on Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:52 pm The problem with the delays is the unknown interest on the now larger loan is clocking up before there is a revenue stream to service the debt and we have now missed the most productive months for that revenue stream to commence. :evil:

On the other hand no serious mishap has occurred with the build, so mustn't grumble. :xx:
Yep, nobody got hurt. That'll do! :D
The issue as I see it is that we have went from a small team very focused on one project to a larger company with X amount of projects on the go and we are only 1 of those. One hopes the company is full of Jamie's and not jobsworths. Whoever didn't order the connectors early enough will sadly not have his/hers balls booted :fight: as a reminder for future projects. It will just slide on by and we will bear the cost.

Hey ho, the reality of dealing with larger network types and living in this age.
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

Joeboy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 4:38 pm
nowty wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:52 pm The problem with the delays is the unknown interest on the now larger loan is clocking up before there is a revenue stream to service the debt and we have now missed the most productive months for that revenue stream to commence. :evil:

Yep, nobody got hurt. That'll do! :D
The issue as I see it is that we have went from a small team very focused on one project to a larger company with X amount of projects on the go and we are only 1 of those. One hopes the company is full of Jamie's and not jobsworths. Whoever didn't order the connectors early enough will sadly not have his/hers balls booted :fight: as a reminder for future projects. It will just slide on by and we will bear the cost.

Hey ho, the reality of dealing with larger network types and living in this age.
Yep, no one we know of has been injured, the Turbines are all installed ready to be hooked up so a lot to be thankful for.
Frustrating as it undoubtedly is, then in the context of the life of the Windfarm I wonder if we couldn't view it as a marathon rather than a sprint.
I seem to remember there was a delay in getting GF operational, not too mention a few frustrating issues with drybolics in the earlier months, yet here we are with a 50% ROI, that is some five years ahead of schedule and still twenty plus years of generation ahead. :whistle:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Impessed with this, boys a fine disruptor! :praise:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... onal-grid/

He'll be chartering vessels and laying subsea HVDC cables before we know it! :xl:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
nowty

Post by nowty »

Joeboy wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:35 pm Impessed with this, boys a fine disruptor! :praise:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... onal-grid/

He'll be chartering vessels and laying subsea HVDC cables before we know it! :xl:
In case the paywall blocks you, ;)
https://archive.ph/qeNYU
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
nowty

Post by nowty »

Updated capacity factor graph for GF in the penultimate month of megabucks. :mrgreen:

Jan generation was a mighty 42.6% against a baseline of 36.6% and equalled Jan 23 to a single decimal place so its the second or third highest month ever. :xx:

As I had an unequal holding over both years I cannot directly compare with last years total so I would appreciate it if others could tell me if it beat last Jan or not.

Feb is the last month on the 27p / kWh rate :evil: , will be sad to see it go and deafening silence from Ripple about next months rate. I suspect they may spring it on us at the AGM which should be very soon.

5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

nowty wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:26 pm Updated capacity factor graph for GF in the penultimate month of megabucks. :mrgreen:

Jan generation was a mighty 42.6% against a baseline of 36.6% and equalled Jan 23 to a single decimal place so its the second or third highest month ever. :xx:

As I had an unequal holding over both years I cannot directly compare with last years total so I would appreciate it if others could tell me if it beat last Jan or not.

Feb is the last month on the 27p / kWh rate :evil: , will be sad to see it go and deafening silence from Ripple about next months rate. I suspect they may spring it on us at the AGM which should be very soon.

Truly, a split decision! Not on the cash though. Sadly this leaves me predisposed to look to ride the serfs fuether and hope for a decent per kWh figure from 1st March.. :twisted:

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

GF's in the middle of another good blow with CF sitting at 58.7% and rising. There's still a couple of days till the wind is forecast to abate so wonder what figure might be reached come midnight on Tuesday!
Not wishing to count chickens but there appears to be a weeks worth of reasonable days to follow thereafter. :xx:
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Adokforme wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:07 pm GF's in the middle of another good blow with CF sitting at 58.7% and rising. There's still a couple of days till the wind is forecast to abate so wonder what figure might be reached come midnight on Tuesday!
Not wishing to count chickens but there appears to be a weeks worth of reasonable days to follow thereafter. :xx:
It has been mighty impressive to watch. Yesterday's generation covered a week's mostly empty, just ticking over at our place. That is quite something. :)
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs