Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Wind turbines
Joeboy

Re: Part ownership of a Ripple Wind Turbine, fancy it?

Post by Joeboy »

Tinbum wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:12 pm
Fueltheburn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:14 pm Slip of the caps lock, you all knew what it meant. :fight: We all power our house through the same measure and units.
Nobody here measures their solar, wind output or house demand in Kelvin. Being obtuse for the sake of it is quite sad :roll:
It wasn't the 'K' it was the lack of 'h'. :D

kW and kWh totally different things. Sorry, but it's one I really hate to see. K or k, I get mixed up myself.
Saw this today, thought of these posts.
:D
In its own way, a classic. :hysteria:
19.7kW PV SE, VI, HM, EN & DW
Ripple 7kW WT & Gen to date 19MWh
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Deep insulation, air leak ct'd home
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Veg patches & fruit trees
Fintray

Post by Fintray »

Joeboy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:21 pm
Tinbum wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:12 pm
Fueltheburn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:14 pm Slip of the caps lock, you all knew what it meant. :fight: We all power our house through the same measure and units.
Nobody here measures their solar, wind output or house demand in Kelvin. Being obtuse for the sake of it is quite sad :roll:
It wasn't the 'K' it was the lack of 'h'. :D

kW and kWh totally different things. Sorry, but it's one I really hate to see. K or k, I get mixed up myself.
Saw this today, thought of these posts.
:D
In its own way, a classic. :hysteria:
On that note looks like we may get up to 3.5 microns of sunshine today! :(
3.87kWp PV
10.24kWp PV SolarEdge system
Tesla Powerwall 2
100 x 47mm Navitron tubes (still being installed!) Now likely to be removed for more PV.
MK2 PV router DHW diverter
Morso 5kW WBS
Vaillant AroTherm 10kW ASHP
Nissan Leaf
Adokforme

Post by Adokforme »

I know returns on GF will be much less this year but finances aside it's the generation of energy we are responsible for versus personal consumption that was the driver for joining Ripple in the first place, especially with wind generation higher in the winter months when solar declines and consumption ratchets up.
It is still the case so CF has come to the fore once more and looking good for today and tomorrow at least. While last year we generated almost 2MWh's more than we consumed, yet for the months from Nov to Mar included we fell short on each so hoping KH will help to redress this.
We were down circa 1.4 MWh's over those five winter months and anticipated annual return from our share in KH is 2.78 MWh's, yet have no idea how much of this is likely to arrive in those dark winter months, although 50% would see us close to bridging the shortfall. :xx:
So still exciting times to come even if the rush experienced in the last twelve months is past. On the other hand I can't help but think of the millions of other poor souls so adversely affected by the events that caused it that if the clock could be turned back so they could be reversed I'd happily forego it all in a heart beat!
nowty

Post by nowty »

I note Ripple have added the latest Coop mtg minutes on the dashboard.

Highlights are,

GF
They had mentioned previously a higher than expected corporation tax liability because of the high last PPA rate. They have now confirmed that the corporation tax liabilities have been factored into the budget.

KH
The problem of the fibre optic cable jointing has been resolved by SPEN (DNO) appointing an alternative contractor and 1km lengths are now to be used instead of a longer wait for 3km lengths.

They are proceeding with the first year fixed Power Purchase Agreement, details blanked out.

Ripple are gauging appetite from members for switching to a CfD stabilised revenue approach for their savings and to get legal advice on implications of such a change. I was contacted about this (I volunteered to give feedback) and I am fairly neutral to such a move. I was informed it will probably require a full members vote for such a change. But I'm thinking are Bruntwood (the private investor who owns circa 30%) pushing this or are the borrowing costs forcing this ?

DW
Not much to say but I can't see it going operational this year.
16.9kW PV > 107MWh generated
Ripple 6.6kW Wind + 4.5kW PV > 22MWh generated
5 Other RE Coop's
105kWh EV storage
60kWh Home battery storage
40kWh Thermal storage
GSHP + A2A HP's
Rain water use > 510 m3
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Jamie March update at KH. 22nd to 25th April energising site, final WT commissioning then yeehah! :)

42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Fueltheburn

Post by Fueltheburn »

I shall bear that in mind as i will obviously need more data to back this up.
It's been a particularly cold 3 months up here too with a lack of solar input to make matters worse.

Even if I can get a supported 5KWh+ annual usage from ripple.... It's better than nothing. Would help support the winter months.
3kW FIT Solar
0.8kW balcony solar.
2,372 W of turbine at Whitelaw Brae
6kw Panasonic air to air heat pump for downstairs.
2 WBS. Stovax 8kw and 5kw Morso squirrel
Rointe D series in 2 bedrooms and bathroom.
Aiming to go fully electric....
John_S

Post by John_S »

Looks like GF has not generated since 3 am yesterday.

Let's hope it is just a comms issue and not anything more serious and that someone at Ripple has noticed that there is an issue rather than it being unmonitored all weekend.
AE-NMidlands

Post by AE-NMidlands »

Seems it might start up again today (and not just wishful thinking)...
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 08-23-59 Members - Home.png
Screenshot 2024-03-19 at 08-23-59 Members - Home.png (65.74 KiB) Viewed 995 times
I'm surprised we haven't heard any comment from them, even in the newsfeed when you log in.
A
2.0 kW/4.62 MWhr pa in Ripples, 4.5 kWp W-facing pv, 9.5 kWhr batt
30 solar thermal tubes, 2MWhr pa in Stockport, plus Congleton and Kinlochbervie Hydros,
Most travel by bike, walking or bus/train. Veg, fruit - and Bees!
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

The data was down only. There's a vid showing the turbine turning. I made the suggestion during the initial breakdowns in year one that they have an independent data monitoring system and an oncall mobile phone. They made no response.

They could easily have installed a remote resettable router but I think the problem from the minimal info gleaned is that the data reboot has to be from Turbine control centre in Europe. In that case they'll have their own operating procedures for the thousands of turbine they control in varying wind conditions and states of play ( I Surmise). I'd guess that a single data drop out on a wee turbine in Wales won't be high on their priority list until prodded by Ripple on Monday morning? :roll:

Doesn't stop me being hacked off at lack of a timely post by Ripple on the community page or their clinging to a 5 day week when its a 24/7 asset.

TBH, I've stopped watching GF as the take is abysmal compared to last year. :(

Come on KH, gon yerself Jamie!! :lol:
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs
Joeboy

Post by Joeboy »

Some nice detail in this video.
42kWh LFPO4 storage
95kWh Heater storage
12kWh 210ltr HWT.
73kWh HI5
Zoned GCH & Hive 2
WBSx2
Low energy bulbs